Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement  (Read 26800 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Re: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »
Quote from: I_Gnoramus[/b

Learn how to read.  Also, learn how to spell, "idiocity" isn't even a real word. 

Right. Nice job with the quoting there. Great job...

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:15 pm »
Quotes from Bruce Lee:
"Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."

. . .

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."

Again, I wish the CE team best of luck; though I will continue to stress that *all* hope has not faded unless Square Enix finally gives us an adequate response. Before this day, our dreams are still alive; and when it comes, we will finally awaken. Keep trying, and "never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon."

Despite my personal feelings... It is ultimately up to the CE team to decide the course to take. I am completely in support for "The Month That Could Have Been" event ;) !!

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »
Keep trying, and "never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon."

True. Rorschach would've released the game. ...of course, we all saw what happened to him :(

CursedSeishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2009, 09:33:53 pm »

True. Rorschach would've released the game. ...of course, we all saw what happened to him :(

yep, he got pwned by blue p***s man...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2009, 01:53:39 am »

Am I the only human left on earth who knows that Rorschach was NOT intended to be nor does he make a good rolemodel of anykind?

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2009, 02:02:10 am »
Glenn...  I.....  I don't know what to say to you....  So far, all you have done is whine about how the game isn't going to be released, and are thinking of anyway possible to get it for yourself.  You have brought up idea that have been talked about AND disputed by the Production team themselves.  They have said they will in no way ask for any money from people on this site, and have no intention of ever starting, debunking your Donation button.  Also, telling me to read with an open mind?  WHY DON'T YOU?!?!?  All you have done is read our posts and say "Yeah, but if they do this they can release it"!  I mean SERIOUSLY!!!  Learn to FUCKING READ!!!

If you post one more idiotic post, containing some scheme to get CE released, or saying that I'm over reacting, or that everyone needs to think positive, or any bullshit that concerns CE or the discussion at hand in anyway, I swear to god, I will tear you a new one.  I know you are merely a fan, and are "trying" to help...  But seriously, you are not helping by bitching and whining about a game you have probably never heard, and saying things that have been said dozens of times before you even showed up here.  

You are an annoying bastard, who doesn't seem to care about anyones life style but your own.  You think that there are absolutely no consequences to this situation, and that releasing it is what's best for everyone.  If you want a Chrono Trigger game, YOU make it!!!  YOU spend 5 years on it, AND YOU Defy SE when they send you a C&D.  Learn to read about the situation, rather than spouting about how it should just be released, and we can deal with the consequences later.

Now, to everyone else on the board.  I apologize for exploding like that, but he was getting on my nerves.  Yeah I'm out of line with this post, but somebody needed to say it.  I especially apologise to you Faust since I prmised to try and stop my bitching and whining >_>.  So, I apologize to all of you, but I want everyone, especially Glenn, to know that I meant every word I said up there.  Continue with your current discussion.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2009, 02:52:06 am »
Now, to everyone else on the board.  I apologize for exploding like that, but he was getting on my nerves.  Yeah I'm out of line with this post, but somebody needed to say it.  I especially apologise to you Faust since I prmised to try and stop my bitching and whining >_>.  So, I apologize to all of you, but I want everyone, especially Glenn, to know that I meant every word I said up there.  Continue with your current discussion.

I for one forgive you (even though that doesn't really matter huh hahaha). However people like that are best ignored or else you make yourself look bad. Still we all have the right to get angry now and then. Although thinking postive is a good thing silly. It's just people should focus that postive energy towards other goals.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:15:56 am by Chrono'99 »

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2009, 04:33:44 am »
I nearly wrote a damn essay for this so here we go:

There is no need to say sorry Miki. G27 has shown time and again he's a stubborn, selfish idiot who won't listen to reason and common sense. I slightly got into it with him when he first showed up on the board. He's the type of smartass who will have an answer for anything you toss out and I don't mean that in the good way. Take a look at his posts overall. Being abrasive and rude wasn't working for him so he's trying to hide it by being a bit nicer now. However at the end of the day he still won't look at things clearly. Plus it's painfully obvious your trying to hide your self serving nature by acting like you know what your talking about and that everything will suddenly be ok if the team does what you say. However I need to be honest. He has made a few good points but they are moot when he makes them by being childish. So in the intrest of fairness I'm going to try to help the boy out with this......

Glenn I will say this in your defense: in my own opinion I too believe that Square's arguement is shakey. In the event DS's "e-mail" is real then Square did act on false info. Plus while Square may be in the right as far as defending their IP goes one does need to ask "Why just Chrono?" SE is so eagar to damn near lynch anyone who looks at the Chrono series the wrong way. However I've yet to hear of a case of them being so rabid when it comes to their two main "flagship" series. And it's not for a lack of hack projects involving Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest/Warrior. They are out there and a quick search will turn up far more of those than it will for a search of Chrono hacks. That fact alone along with several other things gives the CE team a pretty big leg to stand on if this somehow did go to court. It's like a termite colony. If your going to squash one then you damn well better be willing to go after them all.

Also in your defense: yes lawyers are a bunch of lying pricks. Due to a combination of the downward sprial of the economy, a lack of funds and sheer bad luck I've had my fair share of them in the past two years. I have almost been metaphorically fucked in the ass twice now due to a fender bender and unpaid rent at my old apartment. In case number one an elderly old woman backed into my PARKED Mustang that I was sitting in and yet she and her laywer claimed I somehow ran into her. Unknown to her I worked at the place it happened at and therefore had the security tape of said incident. The look on her face was priceless when she knew how screwed she was and they were forced to settle and pay me $550 in damages. Case number two is a very long story I really don't want to get into but the short end of it is that the client was only entitled to two months of rent plus intrest (about $1600). However him and his lawyer got a little too greedy and tried to claim about another $3000 in damages. That also didn't work out. At this point the only way I would want to deal with another lawyer is if he/she came in the form of representing my long lost uncle who just kicked the bucket and wants to give me a million dollars for some strange reason. In the infinitely unliked chance that does happen I'll put forth my million to help pay any legal fees the Compendium may face minus what I need to pay off my own legal touble and get me another car. Said Mustang has since died and frankly I need a decent set of wheels. :lol:

All joking aside back to the point. As me and Glenn have said and can clearly agree on the lawyers are a bunch of liars. Sure the Compendium and the CE team may have good points to make but it's a lawyer's job to stack the deck against the defendants as much as possible. If the lawyer is good then one of their jobs is to think of any possible counterargument the defense may make and be ready for it. Short of that the other tatic is to discredit the character of the defendant (hmm....I seem to remember some kind of trial scene for some RPG now but my memory is fuzzy :P). As far as the money goes is $150K a drop in the bucket for SE? Very much so. Could they get close to that full amount? If the judge is halfway sane then no. However a good lawyer would try to push for $150K per person that worked on it. Granted that's unlikely as hell but while rare I've heard of cases where that has happened before. The other option is $150K per copy of CE that they could confirm to exist should it leak. And while I do agree that if companies like SE don't ease up in the near future that a stand will eventually need to be made the time for that stand is not now. Said stand cannot be expected to be made by a bunch of twentysomethings who are in college or just starting their lives and careers. Choices in life sometimes depend on weighing the risk against the gain and in this case the gain does not even come close to what could be lost should they lose. Sometimes in order to win a war you've got to be willing to accept a few defeats. Going back me putting you in their shoes for a moment......lets say this was your game and you released it and lost. Well from the way you've been acting the money isn't a problem for you so let's try something new. How easy do you think it is to get a job with a criminal record? I've known people like this and it's one of the hardest things in the world. Sure some of them may have learned and regret their past mistakes but would you truely blame someone for not wanting to take a risk in hiring them? As for any halfway decent or government jobs you can kiss those goodbye.

As one final note Glenn you keep pushing the regret card. You say they "wasted" five years. Well for one the CE team did this in their free time. If all they did was eat, breath and shit this game then I'd say it would have taken half the time it did to make. Sure it's a bummer to have SE be the party pooper but they got to learn new things in the process that I'm sure could be applied to any sort of job dealing with computers, game design, programing, ect. That right there hardly seems like a waste. Look at most of the sane people that write fanfiction and do fan art. I doubt most of them approach it like they are Tolkien or Picaso. It's done for fun and they too can apply it to something else later if they so choose. Consider the fact that Zeality is in Europe right now. Sure I'd imagine he's still kinda bummed but he doesn't seem to be filled with regret and guilt like you imply. If he had you attitude he'd be brooding and looking for ways to get back at Square Enix day and night (not to mention in the middle of a potential shit storm of legal issues most likely). In the end you need to grow up and learn that CE wasn't the most pressing issue in the world that had the very power to determine who lives and dies. Hell be thankful you even got the videos. I myself will be enjoying those greatly one this old dial up connection gets replaced with cable internet on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to do it Faust ^_~

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2009, 10:25:46 am »
Okay, I didn't read half of that, but I agree that Glenn27 is going a bit overboard.

There is not going to be a CE release. We need to get over this. It is gone. If we release Crimson Echoes, we'll lack a ZeaLitY and a JP, which will make everyone sad. All that we definitely have left are the videos that FaustWolf captured because he's a smart cookie. Let's worry about those right now.

This does not mean we shouldn't give up hope.

SE has yet to give us a statement. We need to hold out for that before we start to plan on bombing their HQ or something like that. And even then, when they make a statement, we shouldn't be doing our planning here. Notice the link that says 'Comment on forums' in the bottom right hand corner of each news post. It links here, to this discussion, and remember that everyone can read these posts. Everyone can see them, everyone can join...

Really now.

Let's think like smart people now, shall we?

I think we should just start throwing out bullshit suggestions, to fuck with the less smart people.

So we should definitely release CE on June 9th at 1:41 PM EST because SE will never know. They'll never trace it back to JP and Z, thus they'll never get fined or face court.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2009, 10:49:12 am »
Here, we should be more rational, plz.
The CE team tried to do a video of playtrough using annotation , that should be enough. If do not satisfied you, plz don't make fuss that might cause fall of compendium or getting jailed.
People should know there is more valuable assert than CE, your 'LIFE' ,mate.
However, if you consider CE as your life, then you just failed at life. No offense  :jiraiya:

Lastly to teaflower, what event do occur on June 9th at 1:41 PM EST ?

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2009, 11:02:26 am »
June 9th is my 17th birthday, and 1:41 is about the time I get home sometimes from school.. But it's EST because I'm in... EST.

Yes, rationality is the most important thing we can have right now. We need to think rationally, and stop making suggestions in this topic. SE can read it and it makes it 10 times less likely that JP and Z are going to try what we suggest.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2009, 01:39:07 pm »
well i played the demo, it was full of awesomeness up till Schala said "Thats the demo" lol.

Cant wait for the vid footage of the rest of the game.  Hopefully, in some dark corner of the net, someone will try and redo this game someday (differnt name obviously and all), but till then i await SE's next attempt to making a Chrono game, if they ever do.

Kahran042

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2009, 12:55:53 am »
I don't mean to spam here, but these are for the depressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Md2i6MWD4I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xy0BcI_nY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-r-ltInS4&feature=related

Please have a good laugh. It's the only way I know how to cheer people up over the internet, so please don't get mad.

You were right. Giving those crappy videos one-star ratings did help a negligible amount. But, really, right now the only thing that could cheer me up would be the complete Crimson Echoes or an RPG ROM hack of similar quality. :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:06:05 am by Kahran042 »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2009, 03:51:31 pm »
I don't mean to spam here, but these are for the depressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Md2i6MWD4I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xy0BcI_nY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-r-ltInS4&feature=related

Please have a good laugh. It's the only way I know how to cheer people up over the internet, so please don't get mad.

You were right. Giving those crappy videos one-star ratings did help a negligible amount. But, really, right now the only thing that could cheer me up would be the complete Crimson Echoes or an RPG ROM hack of similar quality. :(

Then go play Parallel Worlds. I wants me some CE video!

Kahran042

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2009, 10:57:03 pm »
I wasn't calling the CE videos crappy. I rather enjoyed them, although I don't think I'll be watching the rest. I was calling the stupid gag videos linked to much earlier in this thread "crappy." You know, the ones that my post links to?