Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement  (Read 26857 times)

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 12:30:37 am »
What I know is, that under the name of Alienat0r in another website, he posted an e-mail in which it was telling SE of CE, but lying by stating that the team were going to distribute Roms or something, can't remember. Whatever it was though, it was definitely something illegal.

He still managed to professionally "trole" you all. When someone gets "trole"d they get in a stage called "deniol"

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 12:43:04 am »
 :picardno its so sad

joe_devore

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Vector Engineering
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 12:54:02 am »
Are you Guys saying This DarkSerge Character is responsible for telling/claiming to  SE that the CE team intended to claim rights and make money off CE!!?..... IF so he has a fate worse then death in store for him for ruining CE.. HE Shall not be forgiven.

but no matter what we should continue to fight until SE apologizes for pissing on there fans. :(

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 12:55:16 am »
Oooh, wow!  :shock: It looks really cool... So, Ayla's the optional one? (as opposed to Magus it CT?) As if she needed to be any more overpowered! It's weird...in the idea for a fangame I had a while back, she was the optional character also. That's a little odd!

Ah, if only... I'm not gonna be depressed on THIS topic, though--you guys did a great job and you should be very proud!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:57:50 am »
No comment on the Dark Serge thing, other than "random". He made that thread...whatever. Don't care. He's gone.

But I do want to comment on those videos. Oh my god. So sweet. Just don't advertise too much, for the love of god. I want to see this story unfold before SE tries to kill the videos too. Hell, I'd love to just have the footage for multiple personal viewings. If what those videos show is not yet the majority of the iceberg but still "just the tip" then I just don't know what else to say. Wow. Thank you for doing it. The team for the creation and Faust for the obsessive capturing, THANK YOU.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 01:04:23 am »
The videos JP linked to in the first post are sort of the very first atom on the tip of the iceberg. Be thankful I got a 500 gig external drive for my birthday this year, I didn't know what I'd do with it until I started using it to store CE playthrough video. Between the director commentary and souped up audio for particularly impressive segments of the game, maybe switching the controller for a bag of popcorn won't be so horrible after all. Should ease the sting of the latest setback at least.

I still don't believe the Alienat0r email was actually real, but we have little evidence to cite either way. It was quite elaborate for a hoax - the perpetrator had quite a bit of foresight to lay false info on other videogame forums under the name Hellspawns on April 9 - but on the other hand, it's gonna take a lot to convince me that Neil misspelled his name like that if it was a real email with a real reply being shown.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:31:10 am by FaustWolf »

Uzi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 01:18:19 am »
I'm glad you guys started posting the play through videos, though it makes me a little sad watching them.

Are you Guys saying This DarkSerge Character is responsible for telling/claiming to  SE that the CE team intended to claim rights and make money off CE!!?..... IF so he has a fate worse then death in store for him for ruining CE.. HE Shall not be forgiven.
Indeed, he will not be forgiven. And he calls himself a Chrono Fan?  What a disgrace.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 01:28:08 am »
I know that some people may have differing values than I, but..

...one of the problems in the middle ages was that everything resulted in the "Death Penalty".

...now-a-days, I really dont think that the possibility of having ruined a project calls for the same action.
*sigh*

joe_devore

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Vector Engineering
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 01:31:35 am »

...one of the problems in the middle ages was that everything resulted in the "Death Penalty".

...now-a-days, I really dont think that the possibility of having ruined a project calls for the same action.
*sigh*
Death no, just suffering for it, if he was indeed responsible.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:50 am »

*sigh*
Death no, just suffering for it, if he was indeed responsible.

I am generally a peaceful person, but if I met him and knew who he was, I'd probably...glare at him...

I'm just not cut out to be violent, I'm afraid. Maybe a few years ago, when I was young and angry, but not now...
It's not worth it in the long run. I would, however, be very rude verbally.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 01:36:53 am »
Agent12, will you also be putting up downloads for the game play videos somewhere?  Reason I ask is that youtube is highly copyright infringement ban hammered at the moment due to the crap that WMG pulled against Google recently.

they might rally behind SE, if SE were so cockish to do so (highly possible given the state of things currently), and remove the videos.

Also to those seeking to play the CE demo/prophets guile or the other patches that were shutdown here.  do a google search and you should find a web site that still has these up, dont know how complete the other stuff is, but they have the CE Demo 2.0 on their site.

Glenn27

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 01:44:59 am »
It really saddens me how everyone's saying, "let's just give up," and "let's just move on."

That's it huh?  Big ol' SE throws their weight and acts like jerks and you guys just take it?

5 years of your life just for some videos are director's commentary?

I hope someday that this game gets released somehow.

If some unknown beta tester found an anonymous way to release the game so that SE dicks couldn't track him (perhaps drive out of state a few places where he lives and do it from a public library, etc.) then SE couldn't do shit, the internet could get their hands on the game and could finish it up.

You're just trying to console yourselves right now.  Don't give up the ship- keep fighting.  Just because SE is bullying you you don't have to submit.

Everybody else, this is a terrible idea to encourage them to simply quit.  Creators, don't tell me that after 5 years you can just stick a couple of videos up on youtube with commentary and then leave everything behind satisfied.  SE's actions against the fan modding community are disgusting and reprehensible- it calls for the fans standing up, not just bowing down and accepting SE's abuses.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 01:46:22 am »
I just opened a fortune cookie. It says "He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good."

Then on the back it says LEARN CHINESE - FISH

(some chinese symbol - YU

And it was so close to being relevant. But at least it's half inspiring.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 01:56:29 am »
Glenn.  What are you implying we do? Say fuck it, and release CE anyway?  (Sorry for my language).  That would only causepeople to get sued, guaranteed fines, possibly jail time.  But I guess as long as you get CE that doesn't matter does it?  You have to look athe BIG picture dude.  Not only would that just affect the creators, the compendium as a whole would be shut down.  this whole community would be no more, and we'd have to settle for stuff like Gamefaqs.  Agent and crew are doing everything they can to try and soften this blow for us.  We aren't lying down and dying, we've been killed.  Them denying the release of public info on the C&D of CE to the world has killed it.

Jesus, I am a mean person when I post online =x...  Also a little harsh....  As well as blunt....  Oh well, if its too blunt and crude I'm sure someone will take it down...  Either that or Faust will try and calm me down within seconds >_>.... <_<....  *hides*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 02:09:54 am »
Now I'm going to go to Chinese restaurants, pound my fork and knife on the table (after specially requesting them in lieu of chopsticks) and demand large quantities of yu. I love being a foreign linguist!

That's it huh?  Big ol' SE throws their weight and acts like jerks and you guys just take it?

Honestly, it's not your decision. Make your own game and do what you will with it.