Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14367 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2009, 10:31:10 am »
Aha, nothing wrong that! However since Lynx "kidnaps" Lucca in 1015 AD it might be difficult for her to meet an old enough Norris.

Well, I just checked Norris's age and that could happen in +1010 AD I guess, though we don't really know Lucca's exact age.
:lol: Don't worry, I already thought of that. And yes, it DOES happen at 1010 AD, meaning before she's killed or after she's killed. And what would help most? Yup! Time Travel!

Scenario 1: As Crono'99 said, Norris is somehow accidentally or willingly (I didn't plan on this part) time travels back to 1010 AD and meets his older brother William Ishito at Porre (courtesy of ZeaLity), and he also meets Lucca Ashtear. He has read about her somewhere and realizes that some anomaly in time endangers her before she completes her work. If she dies now and not at the hands of Lynx, the future would be changed. Thus, Norris takes on the job.

Scenario 2: Lucca time travels to El Nido 1015 AD and finds out about her death, but also her great accomplishments. She is able to travel to the Sea of Eden and all sorts of garbage, meets Belthasar, flirts with Norris and goes back again.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2009, 01:43:35 pm »
though we don't really know Lucca's exact age.
I've read that officially, Lucca is 19 years old in Chrono Trigger. (Crono is 17, Marle is 16).

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2009, 01:44:20 pm »
pedobear approves >.>

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2009, 01:53:52 pm »
Chrono is underage as well as Marle, Pedobear has no jurisdiction here. Plus in many place of the would, including the US, there is a 2-3 year courtesy window. 16-18 or 17-19 year olds are allowed to get it on.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2009, 02:03:55 pm »
This adds a new level of disturbingness to the wedding scene.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2009, 03:32:15 pm »
This adds a new level of disturbingness to the wedding scene.

exactly!

How many times do I need to talk to you about "I agree!", "Yeah!", "OMG lol" posts, IAmSerge? I was kidding before when I had made references to you being so much like SDD, but now you're making them truer and truer with each of these vacuous, nothing posts. If you can't learn his lesson, LEARN YOUR OWN!
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:16:58 pm by V_Translanka »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
Crono and Marle's wedding was necessarily in 1000 A.D. We know that Lucca found Kid a few years after 1000 A.D., so the wedding could have been after CT too.

I've read that officially, Lucca is 19 years old in Chrono Trigger. (Crono is 17, Marle is 16).

Source? The Compendium doesn't have this information, this sounds interesting.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2009, 04:40:05 pm »
It's on the Japanese wikipedia, and I've read it on a Japanese BBS.
Supposingly, it's from an issue of V-Jump. I have no idea if it's been put in another publication or if it's actually real.
Example: http://schiphol.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/retro/1224747530/
―公式初期設定(Vジャンプ掲載)―
  クロノ:17歳 168cm 57kg
  マール:16歳 158cm 45kg
  ルッカ:19歳 160cm 48kg
  カエル:40歳くらい(グレン時の年齢は不明)134cm 42kg
  ロボ:175cm 189kg
  エイラ:24歳 168cm 59kg
  魔王:年齢不明 178cm 58kg
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:43:47 pm by Vehek »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2009, 04:58:06 pm »
Wait... So how old does that make all the characters?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2009, 11:19:01 pm »
Aren't those ages just taken from those preliminary sketches by Kato? I forget what they were in...the new Ultimania or something? It was something that was fairly recently translated, I know...

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:06 pm »
We're starting to go off-topic, but I don't think the ages are from the sketches. The only sketch with ages I know of gives Marle's age as 14 and Ayla's as 21. These stats have been on the web for years.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2009, 04:18:51 pm »
Ok since the chat thing kinda fell through Let's take a vote of our current story ideas!

For me I say

Longer story:
Katie Skyye's Naga idea since it's currently the most flesh out.

Short stories:
Leena and Kid Compete for Serge (Yippy I'm selfish!)
and uh....I think we more suggestions, I don't wanna choose two of mine that would be selfish. (Although we could do only one for the first one)

and But the future refused to change story:
I just had a neat idea. The first one could be Chrono's mom goes to wake him up. He then goes to the fair and says hi to a few people. Checks out the sites. Then he walks into the area where he would have met Marle and she's there looking at the bell, but then the little girl runs up to him and asks him to help her find her cat and so her does. By teh time he does finish Lucca's Shows ready and he goes. As He does it shows Marle leaveing to check out something else and they passright by eachother and don't even notice. The Edning can be him getting ready to test Lucca's Transporter with a somewhat uneasy expression and Lucca with a huge grin and Marle Getting taken home by some guards with an angry scowl on her face with the words But the future refused to change above it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:16 pm »
While that's a good idea, idk if it has the right quality of an opening comic (though really the feel of the entire "Future Refused to Change" wouldn't be set in stone, it could go from wacky to serious in a heartbeat is how i see it)...I imagine a really dramatic telling of Gina waking Crono...along with Crono's cat...lots of extreme close-ups, very detailed and harsh lighting...and in the end Crono doesn't wake up at all and we just see him still passed out, drooling on his pillow..."...And The Future Refused To Change..." :lol:

...But I think with some of the main characters, we could do multiple stories representing different goals or w/e they would be trying to accomplish...I could see a TON of jokey ones (or maybe one comic with a bunch of little jokes in it) revolving around Crono and the Fair...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
While that's a good idea, idk if it has the right quality of an opening comic (though really the feel of the entire "Future Refused to Change" wouldn't be set in stone, it could go from wacky to serious in a heartbeat is how i see it)...I imagine a really dramatic telling of Gina waking Crono...along with Crono's cat...lots of extreme close-ups, very detailed and harsh lighting...and in the end Crono doesn't wake up at all and we just see him still passed out, drooling on his pillow..."...And The Future Refused To Change..." :lol:

...But I think with some of the main characters, we could do multiple stories representing different goals or w/e they would be trying to accomplish...I could see a TON of jokey ones (or maybe one comic with a bunch of little jokes in it) revolving around Crono and the Fair...

Hahaha that would be cute. The amount of humor really depends on the character. I think we could just as easily do both versions, although I think the more dramatic one should go first. Then either in the next issue or right afterwords there could be a second with that one.

Oh for a humorous one. Marle tries to escape the castle to go to the fair and as a shout out to Chrono sneaking out of the prision she sneaks up on a gaurd to knock him out and when she tries bonkin' him with her crossbow on the head he just sceams that it hurt and drags her back to her room and then they tighten the security. It ends with a picture of her trying to climb out using a home made blanket rope only to find that it's to short (Imagine her standing there with big teary eye trying to climb back up into her room)

I think could see one whole comic dedicated to just the Fair. Things like what if Lucca's invention exploded when Chrono was testing it would be fun.
Lucca, Marle, and Taban think Lucca killed Chrono and they begin to panic. In the end they go to Chrono's mom to tell her what happend and as they try to spit it out Gina open a closet and Chrono falls out a beaten and worn.
And one complete pointless one that stars the cat you have to being to the little girl and it's many misadventures. (Of course ending with Chrono finding it)

Edit: I changed the first post to look more orginized however I haven't updated the member list. I will need the artists to show us an example of there art so that we can match the right style type with the right stories type. Art style really sets the mood. Who here considers themselves a member of the circle! If your a member you'd better have the spirit! I also think we need more attention so we can attract more members!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:17:13 am by OverlordMikey »

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:41 am »
Ok since the chat thing kinda fell through Let's take a vote of our current story ideas!

Sorry about that...I guess I just wasn't in the right time zone >.>

Anyway, I want to vote for OverlordMikey's Magus finding Kid/Schala thing...I laughed when I first saw that. ^_^

Or, with Frog's arc, we could have the wacky adventures of Tata as he bungles his way through being a Hero...XD