Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14461 times)

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2009, 12:17:17 am »
a small series sounds nice with a monthly chapter release

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:10 am »
We could do a small series about what would have happened to every character if CT had never happened. E.g. Frog never gets redeemed, Magus gets killed by Lavos, etc.
Oh yes that's true ^.^
Oh that's even better. Perhaps one with each Dōjinshi we manage to make (I don't wanna get ahead of my self, but I wanna think that if we try our hardest then  this project can go on for as long as there are ideas and people to keep it moving!) we can release a new chapter. We can even call them "but the future refused to change" stories. If we make mulitible Dōjinshi then perhaps each Dōjinshi could contain three or four stories. In that case

-1 or 2 oneshot stories
-"but the future refused to change" story
-A longer running story (as an example that Naga-etta one that Katie thought up would make a nicer long running story then a one shot.)

Of course this is just me throwing ideas around

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2009, 01:25:05 am »
We could do a small series about what would have happened to every character if CT had never happened. E.g. Frog never gets redeemed, Magus gets killed by Lavos, etc.
Oh yes that's true ^.^
Oh that's even better. Perhaps one with each Dōjinshi we manage to make (I don't wanna get ahead of my self, but I wanna think that if we try our hardest then  this project can go on for as long as there are ideas and people to keep it moving!) we can release a new chapter. We can even call them "but the future refused to change" stories. If we make mulitible Dōjinshi then perhaps each Dōjinshi could contain three or four stories. In that case

-1 or 2 oneshot stories
-"but the future refused to change" story
-A longer running story (as an example that Naga-etta one that Katie thought up would make a nicer long running story then a one shot.)

Of course this is just me throwing ideas around

Well, that sounds good to me! One-shot stories are good for those who just want to try this out, the series-types are good for those who are fans and stick with the project but don't have that much time on their hands, and the long-running story is for those with more time to put into this stuff! ^^

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2009, 02:54:49 am »
yep it would be awesome to have monthly chapters/oneshots because theres less pressure involved and really we cant pump out stuff like onepiece or naruto manga lol they release every week

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2009, 12:16:46 pm »
Hey! If you guys are planning to make Doujins on what happened to each CT character after CT, then LEAVE CRONO OUT PLEASE:lol: Reason? I'm making an awesome animation film of him battling Dalton at Nadia's Square after Marle's death.

And if you decide to do the "future refuses to change" thing, then I'd recommend one thing. The whole doujin SHOULDN'T be boring or pointless, because SOMETHING should be of value. Perhaps something the reader might learn something. Maybe even someone trying to do something and fails, but makes a good example of what everyone should do together if one were to succeed, and all that crap.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2009, 12:54:47 pm »
Actually I was thinking of it as being something like a companion to CT. We all know what happened in CT...that it's possible for the future to change through determination and whatnot...so it's meant to act more as a contrast. Or something >_>

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:50 pm »
I sort of meant The Future Refused To Change idea to be a kind of pre-Entity timeline idea (more or less, it doesn't really need to fit into the canon so hardcore I don't think), with the culmination being one made of Lavos itself, which would end how CT (and/or CC depending on how the ultimate spin is) does (or probably with just Crono & Co. popping up) and with the words, or something along the lines of, "...and thus the future changed"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:18:41 pm by V_Translanka »

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2009, 03:42:38 pm »
"...and thus the future changed"

So, like a light at the end of a very long, dark, death-filled tunnel, Lavos is defeated after all!

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2009, 05:50:10 pm »
I sort of meant The Future Refused To Change idea to be a kind of pre-Entity timeline idea (more or less, it doesn't really need to fit into the canon so hardcore I don't think), with the culmination being one made of Lavos itself, which would end how CT (and/or CC depending on how the ultimate spin is) does (or probably with just Crono & Co. popping up) and with the words, or something along the lines of, "...and thus the future changed"

That's what I thought you where suggesting. It's an excellent Idea. Perhaps in the last chapter when it says that there could be a picture showing maybe a few of the events that went badly now changed (Fiona's Forest, Cyrus' Grave, ect.)

Hey! If you guys are planning to make Doujins on what happened to each CT character after CT, then LEAVE CRONO OUT PLEASE:lol: Reason? I'm making an awesome animation film of him battling Dalton at Nadia's Square after Marle's death.

And if you decide to do the "future refuses to change" thing, then I'd recommend one thing. The whole doujin SHOULDN'T be boring or pointless, because SOMETHING should be of value. Perhaps something the reader might learn something. Maybe even someone trying to do something and fails, but makes a good example of what everyone should do together if one were to succeed, and all that crap.

I myself wasn't considering a after CT one, but if we do then even if we show Chono after I'm sure it won't effect people watching yours. Still I think we should avoid showing "what" happened...at least for now. Can't wait to see this animation film though.

"future refused to change" shows what happens in the time where the group didn't time travel. I personally believe everything has.

To quote the Duchess (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland) "Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it."
Then again considering the source should I be taking that seriously?

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 08:20:35 pm »
im quite lost lol what does happen to him

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2009, 03:39:09 am »
im quite lost lol what does happen to him

Don't worry about it. Remember between 11AM and 2PM -05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada) This Weekend (Saturday and maybe Sunday for those who aren’t busy) we meet on the IRC
We are going to discuss the following:
-The possibly of releasing monthly installments.
-1 or 2 one-shot stories (a one shot story. I hope to whatever deity happens to grace you at this moment in time or just commen sense that you know what that is)
-"but the future refused to change" story (A "maybe what happened" before the group time traveled in Chrono Trigger. Although don't dwell to much on canon a few cases.)
-A longer running story (once again the commen sense thing....)
A quick recap of suggestion we received and from who.
Suggestion/Username

Leena and Kid Compete for Serge/OverlordMikey

Lucca x Norris / Tushantin (Don't blaim me, that's all that they said! Although it might be cute)

A very short one with Magus and Schala with a joke about the ending of CC./OverlordMikey

Um suggestion on page five that I have no idea how I would describe/ONSLAUGHT

This is the ruined timeline where Crono had died and Lavos's chaos towards 1999 AD was imminent. The cause of apocalypse is unknown to humanity and a prophecy is told by a Mystic that the pet of Magus shall rise again to achieve its vengeance. The Day of Lavos is beckoning the annihilation of all life. Soldiers from all over the planet prepare for apocalypse, only to fail miserably. Tushantin

Leena and Lisa hanging out around Termina/ OverlordMikey

Allright, well I don't really know anything about Chrono Cross yet, but I had this idea for a psuedo-Cinderella knockoff featuring a Naga-Ette. It would be about the group of baddies who FIRST kidnaps Queen Leene, and one of the Naga-Ettes is sent to the castle to spy on everyone there. (they can shapeshift, so...)
This is actually a story I've thought a lot about, and that was just the bare bones, but I've got the characters and events thought out, as well. Basically there's the Naga-Ette (Ella, to fit the Cinderella theme), her sisters, the disguise teacher, Ozzie, Slash, Flea, and a minor appearance from Magus(considering that kidnapping the Queen is an important mission, he'd want to at least oversee who was being sent on the recon), The Chancellor/Yakra, the castle servants, and the other monsters in the Cathedral...
So Naga-Ella is found to have the most realistic disguise of all the other monsters, so she's chosen to infiltrate the castle as a maid and spy on the queen. But she finds out that the humans are nicer to her than the Mystics were and wonders if she should go through with the plan...she ends up continuing the plan anyway(Yakra/Chancellor is obviously breathing down her neck, so that would pressure her into doing something), but later defects from the Mystic army and decides to anonymously aid the humans (which is only mentioned...that part of the story wouldn't be drawn/written, just mentioned)/ Katie Skyye

1) choose a character (good or bad, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't Lavos) from the series, but in the end of the story, the character has to die or at least become an utter failure at what they're trying to accomplish and every story would end with those words all Chrono fans dread, "But the future refused to change".../V_Translanka

2) Schala's wacky adventures walking down train tracks, staring into pools of water and walking through Tokyo. She never knows what time it is unless she learns/knows how to read the sun (which she doesn't) on account of her effing up clocks all the time. Hijinks ensue, naturally.../ V_Translanka

Remember when Gaspar said there had been other time travelers randomly ending up at the EoT? It could be a short story about a separate group meeting Crono and Co. at the EoT./Katie Skyye

Maybe we could do one where Fiona and Marco if the party never showed up. They go down to fight the creature themselves out of desperation and get killed trying to save the forest. I say this becuase I have two awesome images in my head. One Fiona crying in Marco's arms when he gets home well standing over a dying sapling and "but The Future refused to change" over a picture of the desert./ OverlordMikey (See V_Translanka suggestion that inspired the idea for a recurring But the future refused to change story.)

We could do a small series about what would have happened to every character if CT had never happened. E.g. Frog never gets redeemed, Magus gets killed by Lavos, etc./anonymouse (Actully sorta the same as what V said, but put in a more direct form so the other suggestion that inspired but the future refused to change)

Yeah I was being lazy and just copying them here. I was putting them in one place. They are in order as posted.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2009, 06:00:05 am »
ill show up lol is that us central time

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2009, 08:29:22 am »
Lucca x Norris / Tushantin (Don't blaim me, that's all that they said! Although it might be cute)

Lucca is, like, 10 years older than Norris...

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:28 am »

Lucca is, like, 10 years older than Norris...

My mother is 10 years older than my father. What's wrong with that? You got something against my mother?!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2009, 09:02:55 am »
Aha, nothing wrong that! However since Lynx "kidnaps" Lucca in 1015 AD it might be difficult for her to meet an old enough Norris.

Well, I just checked Norris's age and that could happen in +1010 AD I guess, though we don't really know Lucca's exact age.