Author Topic: Chrono Cross...  (Read 899 times)

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross...
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:01:03 pm »
I mean, I might just not be looking hard enough, but the majority of this forum seems to be based around CT or CT influenced topics.  I can't seem to find any board section entirely meant for CC.  As far as I can tell, this site is to discuss the entire Chrono series as a whole.  So shouldn't the Forums also have a spot for people to talk about CC?  Again, I could just be missing it, and if I am I would appreciate some guidance.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: Chrono Cross...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »
Well, the only section devoted entirely to CT should be the CTDS forum, but otherwise you can really talk about CC in any of the applicable forums: the Chrono/Gameplay Casual Discussion forum and all the analysis forums too. Technically there isn't a section just meant for CT...obviously it's modded more (so it has that forum) and a lot of CT-centric topics are opinion-based anyway. I guess more topics revolve around CT because it's older and possible has more interest. But I kinda agree with you, topics tend to revolve around CT or the series, as opposed to CC.

What kinda discussions were you planning on having that would only work in a CC section?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:30:32 pm »
Well Mikisho, I think the governing philosophy here is not to segregate debate by game, but rather by topic. There's a lot of things that have been discussed in the context of both games. In the Analysis forums, for example, you'll find dicsussions about the Frozen Flame and the Rise of Porre that examine evidence from both CT and CC, and even RD. The goal is to treat the games as one coherent whole.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:12:21 pm by FaustWolf »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:49:50 pm »
It's a lil canon omni-chronoverse...but it started with CT. The founding product of most any series usually sets a lot of sort of ground rules and may also be a recurring character or a constant theme's beginning.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:11:09 pm »
Well, the only section devoted entirely to CT should be the CTDS forum, but otherwise you can really talk about CC in any of the applicable forums: the Chrono/Gameplay Casual Discussion forum and all the analysis forums too. Technically there isn't a section just meant for CT...obviously it's modded more (so it has that forum) and a lot of CT-centric topics are opinion-based anyway. I guess more topics revolve around CT because it's older and possible has more interest. But I kinda agree with you, topics tend to revolve around CT or the series, as opposed to CC.

What kinda discussions were you planning on having that would only work in a CC section?

Nothing really, I just enjoy reading about theories of CC.  I mean, it has such depth to it, there is almost to limit the amount of discussion that could go into it.  I was also going to ask about that Putting Magus in CC mod that I remember Faust talking about on GFaqs.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 10:13:23 pm »
Informational resources, established theories, etc., pertaining to specific games can be found on the lefthand sidebar. Though there's a shortcut to the "Magus Unmasked" patch under "New Dreams."

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:17:21 pm »
Aye, a lot of my favorite theories have their roots in CC, even though part of the fun is connecting all thegames. I'd suggest looking through the Characters, Plot and Themes analysis thread; I find it to be particularly easy to theorize with. But if you're just looking for info, the Encyclopedia will be particularly fun for ya.

Anyhow, browse around the analysis forums and you'll find some decent CC-related topics. And if all else fails, make some--I'll participate and so will a bunch of others.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:32:41 am »
Make some
YEAH!

I'll participate and so will a bunch of others.
...well, yeah.

:lol:

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 12:34:34 am »
I <3 CC ther r no flawz in eet!

Jk.. I really do love CC... and only recently actually have I seen the debated plotholes and such. =D

though felixrush can STFU.