Author Topic: News of a new Chrono Game? (NOPE!)  (Read 1806 times)

Virgil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
News of a new Chrono Game? (NOPE!)
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:35 am »
So, I'm cruising around the net tonight looking (on a whim) for any developments in the Chrono series.  That's when I came across Chrono Compendium and here I spent several hours reading various articles and generally enjoying myself.  However I also came upon this: http://www.freewebs.com/xdox360/articles/765/765536p1.html.  I looked around and can't find any reference to it (or any further news) here or on any other site.  Am I truely the first one to find this?  If so, well... "Woot!" and "What do you guys think?"  Did a little research on the company that is supposed to be developing it, Mistwalker Corp., and they seem to not presently be engaged in producing anything else.  I hope I'm not getting my hopes up over nothing but, well, wouldn't it be swell? *starry-eyed look*

:picardno
     ~V_Translanka
P.S. Yeah, this one deserves it. Even I gotta admit to the Picard-factor on this one.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:47:03 am by V_Translanka »

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
Re: News of a new Chrono Game? (bear with me)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:39:22 am »
Considering the article date and the fact that it's on freewebs.com pretty much confirms this as a hoax article.

Edit:  In fact is seems Mistwalker has silently disbanded following the cancellation of Cry On and less success than they expected for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.  Shame because they were both excellent games.

Re-Edit:  Seems the Blue Dragon series is still a go with them, they've just cancelled Cry On as far as I know, but are still developing some games.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:09:42 am by FouCapitan »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: News of a new Chrono Game? (bear with me)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:45:26 am »
Yeah, that's a pretty sad attempt. Even I knew it was fake and I'm an idiot. Besides, one could just search "Chrono Break" on the real IGN website and realize that this article extra does not exist there.

Virgil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: News of a new Chrono Game? (NOPE!)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:31:49 pm »
Wow.  That was a large over-sight on my part.  My apologies.  Guess I was just so excited I didn't even really look at the url.  Goes to show the power that optimism has (to blind yourself to reality).  Nevertheless, you could have been a bit more tactful about breaking it to me.  :?

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:28 pm »
I'm too pessimistic about everything. When I first clicked that linked, my first immediate thought was "new Chrono game? Ha, no chance in hell" before even reading the url.  :D

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:23:21 pm »
Yeah, the Chrono community (or at least specifically the Compendium) is pretty on the ball about news...After Chrono Brake/Break fell through and the C&Ds of CT:R & CTRP we're not even completely trusting of actual news...>_>

Not to mention (or I guess I AM mentioning it...) the series has been April Fool'd quite a bit before...

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:15 am »
It's being released on the new Xdox 360.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:08:59 pm »
Kudos to the guy who went through all the trouble to copy IGN's layout and embed this message in it, but it remains a fake.

I don't like the idea of Chrono + Microsoft + Mistwalker + Xbox though, so one part of me is glad it's fake

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:11:56 pm »
Kudos to the guy who went through all the trouble to copy IGN's layout and embed this message in it, but it remains a fake.

I don't like the idea of Chrono + Microsoft + Mistwalker + Xbox though, so one part of me is glad it's fake

Hironobu Sakaguchi is disappointed with you.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:15:03 pm »

Probably. I just think Microsoft (or Xbox for that matter) + RPG's is a bad combo. :P

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 01:03:26 pm »

Probably. I just think Microsoft (or Xbox for that matter) + RPG's is a bad combo. :P
Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, FFXIII, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Eternal Sonata...etc...etc...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 02:38:49 pm »

Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, FFXIII, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Eternal Sonata...etc...etc...

Haven't played BD or Fable 2, Fable was all right on Xbox, but I just like to play the PS better. FFXIII will probably also be better when the PS3 release comes. :P

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 01:49:21 am »
I personally feel the 360 has more enjoyable RPGs than PS2 did.  Aside from the Nippon Ichi titles, I was very dissappointed with most of the PS2 fare. (I literally shouted "THAT'S FUCKING IT?" upon beating FFX)

Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, and so on.  Varying styles of RPGs but all that I've played have been more interesting and for the most part, had better plots than half of the unifinished RPGs that I have sitting for my PS2 right now (And that is a LOT of RPGs I have sitting for that system mind you)

Not to mention upcoming plans for Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and others that I can't even keep track of.

Microsoft really is stretching out to get a bigger fanbase than just the shooters and fighters on this console, and frankly they're kicking ass at it.

Edit:  That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a Chrono game in the hands of Mistwalker, save for the fact that would isolate Kato from the project.  (Mitsuda is a freelance developer now, I believe.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:52:28 am by FouCapitan »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 03:29:33 am »
I don't think being freelance really effects anything but his pocketbook.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:12 am »
Meh if there's a new Chrono game Mitsuda has got to be in it. And he said he did want to come back should another game be planned. And probably Nobuteru Yuuki as well, I liked his designs in Chrono Cross. Though I wouldn't mind Toriyama either, provided it's done like DQVIII.