Author Topic: The Undersea Palce safety features or the LACK of  (Read 1298 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Undersea Palce safety features or the LACK of
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:06 pm »
This will probably be completly alien to you but am I the only person on this planet to realize the UnderSea place lacks major safety features that modern ships have?

What kind of features would you add to make the UnderSea place safer if you could design security and help Queen Zeal?

For starters:  Modern ships have a thing called water-tight compartments which are rooms where if their is a breech and water comes in,  huge monster size doors slam down completly sealing off the rooms allowing the crew to pump the water out.                   

The Titanic was designed for 4 out of like 12 of them to be breached and still be able to float but unfortuantly five of them were breached and the walls weren't high enough but that's another story.  :picardno

Also they don't seem to have security cameras in case of intentoal terrisom or an emergency escape hatch in case of mass evecuation.

I think it's a good thing the palace never got anywhere as I feel safer in a modern ship compared to being stuck in the underwater house trying to escape a disaster.           It aint fool proof you know.   :P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:15:19 pm by TriforceofEternity »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: The Undersea Palce safety features or the LACK of
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:32:05 pm »
That's unnecessary, they were confident on succeeding in getting Lavos's power, they never bothered with those things.
And who needs security in an era where there is hardly anyone who would oppose their plans and being capable of even reaching the entrance?
And I'm sure the enemies inside the palace were placed for Crono and company. They knew they were back, and that they would try to stop them.
But for safety methods, the place was designed by Belthasar. If you were an Enlightened One, try to give a reason not to trust that man in what his inventions are capable of doing.

It's all simple, it takes a non Zealian point of view to realize these things. By that I mean the ones you mention about the OP having bad security and all that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:38:44 pm by Acacia Sgt »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:40:26 pm »
Triforce, you must remember that the Ocean Palace wasn't made in modern times. Of course it doesn't have the things we have. It relies on magic. Water tight compartments? There was no need for them. It was constructed in such a manner that there was no way water would come in. Note that you do not take a sub in, but that you teleport in. If a breech does occur, they probably have something similar. Or they can simply pump it out with magic.

Security cameras? What is the need? In order to get to the Ocean Palace, you need to be able to get to the throne room of Zeal, which is quite a feat. Earthbound wouldn't get that far, and it would seem as though most of the denizens of Zeal wouldn't want to destroy the palace. Schala doesn't have the guts to do it, and the gurus who oppose Zeal were locked up when it was made. Emergency escape hatch? You must remember that Queen Zeal is nucking futs. The people in the palace probably don't matter to her. All she really cares about is Schala and herself. And if Schala won't cooperate, then Schala can go to hell.

Nothing is fool proof. Have you heard of the pirating stuff going on in Africa as of late? Modern day war ships being taken over by modern day pirates. If anything, short of Lavos going BOOM, the Ocean Palace was safer than a modern day ship. Mainly because you would need to be a very determined guy to simply get in it. Note that Crono and co. did not destroy it, but Lavos did. And even after that, it rose again, good as new. Very safe, if you ask me. I agree with Acacia Sgt. there.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:54:35 am »
Well....I eman.....you know....The Ocean Palace boasts some damn good bgm.  Just sayin'.  You don't really need any security when you have badass music blaring and a bunch of MONSTERS in the area.  And all the other stuff the other people said, too.

Tanith

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:57 am »
its funny how everything in the end can be explained by magic haha, i wont how they got earthbound to construct it, or even how they got earth bound to the palace....be pretty weird to have them to telewarp through the throne room.

Feldschlacht IV

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:40:51 pm »
In order to get to the Ocean Palace, you need to be able to get to the throne room of Zeal, which is quite a feat.

Considering it's manner of construction, I doubt the throne room was the only way to get in.

Spekkio

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Master of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:54:30 am »
You mean the Schala's Room passage?

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 02:20:41 am »
They kept water out by telling water that chuck norris would find it, if it came in.

or scenario 2

They kept it out with magic...

Either way they kept it out.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 08:52:15 pm »
Chuck Norris forfeited his veneer of cool when he advocated seceding from the United States because all those damned poor people wanted a piece of his hat.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:01:01 pm »
The Undersea Palace built by the Earthbound? That sounds comparable to the Hebrew slaves building the Pyramids.

My vote is on Hogwarts style magic defenses.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 10:27:47 pm »
Yeah then the Earthbound vanished as the other citizens told you in the game.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:06 am »
Thank you Teawater and Acid.   8)    You two deserve one of my Triforce cookies for the best explanation and Thanks to anybody who contributed SOMEWHAT to the discussion.

-1 for anyone who tried to steer this off topic.

To get rid of the bad guys just pump the volume of the Ocean Palace theme to full max and they will go cray.  :lol:    Gusss your right forget modern safety features.

Who needs lifeboats!?  Who cares about the well being of others!    It's unsinkable.

:picardno   Good night.   

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 12:27:55 am »
triforce, i don't quite get what you just said there.

i said i thought the fortress was protected with magical defenses. plus, they have all those monsters and robots to fight off intruders. i don't think cameras would have come to mind.

i would have added flying segways for dalton and the royals.