Author Topic: Petition  (Read 1350 times)

chronodreamer12

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Petition
« on: July 05, 2009, 09:16:25 pm »
HEy Wats going on guys. I just found this petition online for a new chrono game for the ps3. I put the link on the bottom. Check it out, it looks interesting.

http://www.petitiononline.com/chronotc/petition.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:21:16 pm by FaFniR »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Petition
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:52:05 pm »
Uhhhhhhh...

Quote from: Compendium Charter
The site will not support fan petitions.¹

¹ - Some fans may be shocked at first with this proposal. After all, if we're fans of the series, why wouldn't we want another game by petioning? Fan petitions fail to spread a positive image of the fan community -- they are in fact detrimental. There are many ways to indicate interest in a new game, but "petitioning" to "demand" a new game, or a remake, makes us out to be a bunch of infantile, rabid fans biting at the heels of Square Enix. Worse yet, such fans are usually too picky to bite when they finally get what they want. We don't even know what negative connotations consumers petitioning would have when carried over in translation. So if you're in charge of such a fan petition project, don't ask the Compendium to help with your publicity. If you really want influence in the company, start buying shares.

Just saying (why was this pinned?).

EDIT: Just found out it was split from a topic that was pinned (the COMIX thread for some reason >_>).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:47:51 pm by V_Translanka »

Kithron

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:59:14 pm »
Interesting find... I'll i sign it want to see a new game myself

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:05 pm »
If there's one thing that works, it's online petitions.

Good luck with it.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:55:18 pm »
  So you want Square Enix to make you another Chrono Game, and you're going to use a bunch of people's signatures tied to "Give us Chrono 3 or we'll do another petition", aimed at a company that stems from Japan (no they aren't gonna make a CT 3 for everywhere but Japan) and could really care less what you think. Aside from a few art sites, we don't even know what the fanbase is like in Japan. Sure the Dream Team loved it, but...        yeah.

There are as many Chrono Trigger-related petitions out there as there are Street Fighter II remakes, and even less sequels to Chrono Trigger than there are to Street Fighter, which is saying a lot. 

If you want to send a message, speak the language of the dollar bill and don't buy into their other crap.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:06:10 pm by Captain B »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:51:08 pm »
 So you want Square Enix to make you another Chrono Game, and you're going to use a bunch of people's signatures tied to "Give us Chrono 3 or we'll do another petition", aimed at a company that stems from Japan (no they aren't gonna make a CT 3 for everywhere but Japan) and could really care less what you think. Aside from a few art sites, we don't even know what the fanbase is like in Japan. Sure the Dream Team loved it, but...        yeah.

There are as many Chrono Trigger-related petitions out there as there are Street Fighter II remakes, and even less sequels to Chrono Trigger than there are to Street Fighter, which is saying a lot. 

If you want to send a message, speak the language of the dollar bill and don't buy into their other crap.

Well, I figured it might come to that, but I was really determined this time, so I thought I might cry and hope that worked.

But what the hell? I'll sign it. It'll give me something to put my hope in, little though it may be.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »
Internet petitions are about as effective as driving a nail into your face in hopes of a new game from any company. There's no proof that it was truly different people who signed it, so regardless if they actually payed attention or not it'd still go to waste.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 06:40:48 pm »
I think fan creations (of all kinds, regardless of whether or not they get the ol' Crono & Dalton) are far better and more effective ways of letting people (all people) know that the series you know and love means enough to you that you're willing to take the time and effort out of your own life to dedicate to it. It will never die even if we have remember it with our own spirit!

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:53:39 pm »
Well, V, that gives me an idea. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this as a Compendium member, but maybe more people in the Chrono fan community should start making fan projects. So long as we don't do it or promote it on the Compendium, everything should be alright, right?

We could use Youtube like the CE team did. Its a fairly popular medium, and we could easily garner attention to the cause.

Just a thought.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »
By fan projects do you mean all fan projects? Fan fics, fan art, fan music, etc, or do you mean fan-made ROM hacks specifically? The only type of fan projects that aren't allowed here are ROM hacks, to my knowledge. If you're not making a hack, then you can utilize the Compendium.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
If by 'fan projects' you mean fan games, then yeah, probably shouldn't be talked about here (and really, anyone making one should save YouTube posts for AFTER they're complete)...Other types of fan projects are still perfectly acceptable though...

effing ninja'd by mav!

chronodreamer12

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 12:58:10 pm »
Damn. This got some negative attention, but its cool. I understand where you guys are coming from. I found this petition online and thought it sounded cool. I love the chrono series and have been waiting for a new game since i beat chrono cross almost eight years ago. I guess I needed that little hope.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:05 am »
What does one plan to accomplish with this petition?  All you're doing is inputting your digital signature, something which has no substance.  If you wish to petition for something, do it the old-fashioned way; peacefully assemble  through reasonable (and legal) means and voice your opinion.  Even if it doesn't work, it's a more mature approach than signing a digital petition that will simply blend in with the billions of web pages already out there as if it were nothing more than another ant on the ant hill.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:13:12 pm by GenesisOne »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 01:02:14 am »
Don't fret, chronodreamer. The truth is that a lot of us support the premise of this petition and we feel the same way towards the Chrono series that you do, the problem is that the strength of these petitions is too weak to be worth the [minimal] effort. But you got the spirit and that's what counts--all you need is the right outlet.