Author Topic: Origin Of Acacia Dragoons  (Read 3662 times)

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Origin Of Acacia Dragoons
« on: February 15, 2004, 11:57:50 pm »
have you people get a look in the Viper flag:

it have a bone dragon, but some version of it show the dragon holding a blue orb in the mouth.
I believe that this orb is the sacred Dragon Tear but it give the idea that the origin of the acacian dragons begin with natives of El nido, coming from the dragonites traditions. Its possible that in the "Polis war" the reptites used dragon-like animals as weapons while the humans from chronopolis used machines like airships,etc. The fact that the Einlanser is a Dragonian sword and is given for the best dragoon help in this theory.
But the problem is way the viper clan use that flag?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
pop-up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 09:18:50 am »
I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, but I just want to note that Guardia also uses a dragon flag and has a Dragon Tank. I must just came from folklore, in this particular case.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:36:50 pm »
about the Einlanzer:
looking in the einlanzer image in the items menu something came in my mind: the color of the sword.
It seens that the sword is not made of any metal or mineral but made of scupted bone or ivory. Maybe created with a tooth of a dragon.

Akuma

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 01:54:34 pm »
420 years divided by 14 is 30. Almost the same average number of years as a Guardia King reigns. Anyways, Garai if he would've never been killed could've possibly had the sword for 30 years.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 06:43:00 pm »
Although I'm unawares as to how off topic this is, I got to thinking about the old four Devas...There was a topic over at GameFAQs that assumed that perhaps Fargo was the "missing" fourth member of the old version with Radius, Zappa, & Garai. I had thought that perhaps there were simply three at the time, until I played through the part where you come across Radius' burnt out hideout. During the following scene, Radius refers to himself as being a member of the former four Devas...

So that means that there WAS four members during his stay!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 07:35:59 pm »
Quote from: Akuma
420 years divided by 14 is 30. Almost the same average number of years as a Guardia King reigns. Anyways, Garai if he would've never been killed could've possibly had the sword for 30 years.

That is interesting, due to its jiving with the average reign of a Guardian king.

Ultimania states that the fourth Deva was Viper, but Ultimania gets really retarded at times, and isn't very credible.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:45:35 pm »
I just felt like pointing out that to name the Acacian soldiers dragoons is likely a misnomer on the part of the game. A dragoon is, by dictionary defenition, a mounted musketeer (from the dragon-like smoke and fire given off by the muskets). Thus the men of Porre are more apt to be called dragoons than the Acacians. Unless the Acacians bear muskets as well.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:22:09 pm »
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages
I just felt like pointing out that to name the Acacian soldiers dragoons is likely a misnomer on the part of the game. A dragoon is, by dictionary defenition, a mounted musketeer (from the dragon-like smoke and fire given off by the muskets). Thus the men of Porre are more apt to be called dragoons than the Acacians. Unless the Acacians bear muskets as well.

I was thinking that the name Acacia Dragoons could be a joke with the Australians because tha acacia tree color (Green and Yellow) is a simbol there and  thoses Pseudo-Dragons look like kangaroo.

koolkame

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 02:41:31 pm »
V__Translanka:
Although I'm unawares as to how off topic this is, I got to thinking about the old four Devas...There was a topic over at GameFAQs that assumed that perhaps Fargo was the "missing" fourth member of the old version with Radius, Zappa, & Garai. I had thought that perhaps there were simply three at the time, until I played through the part where you come across Radius' burnt out hideout. During the following scene, Radius refers to himself as being a member of the former four Devas...

So that means that there WAS four members during his stay!

Zeality:
Ultimania states that the fourth Deva was Viper, but Ultimania gets really retarded at times, and isn't very credible.

During the concert on the Zelbess Nikki's character (which I always assumed was his father Fargo) says he was betrayed and left by his allies. Could this be an account of Fargo (a Deva?) being left behind by Viper, thus causing Fargo's grudge against the general? It seemed really personal, like they were once tight. I think Nikki was seventeen, so this may predate the Dragoons' involvement in the Porre-Guardia war. Does this fit with Radius' statements?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 03:38:47 pm »
Huh, I'd never considered that the character may have been Fargo. I'd always assumed it was completely fictional, but it does fit. Either way, I doubt Fargo's much of a musician; that part's just dramatization.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 02:56:22 pm »
Quote from: Leebot
Huh, I'd never considered that the character may have been Fargo. I'd always assumed it was completely fictional, but it does fit. Either way, I doubt Fargo's much of a musician; that part's just dramatization.

I doubt Fargo would have made a great musician, but maybe he did give it a try, who knows :

Quote from: Fargo, right after the concert
Oh, Zelbess... Does this song call out to your heart? You taught me this song...
For a long time, I've been trying to regain what I've lost, but to no avail...
But now... I feel as if the one important thing has finally returned... Thanks to the
irreplaceable treasure you left behind. So you're happy for me, too...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 08:01:20 pm »
Well yeah, obviously he can sing...I mean, isn't that what Nikki's whole little play/concert thingy was about? His father and mother's first meeting?

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 12:29:40 am »

It is possible that dragon is holding the Dragon Tear, a national treasure from Elnido, or the blue sphere is justa simbol of sovereign.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 02:36:04 am »
I believe this needs evaluation:

Karsh:
   The general is the head of
   the Viper clan and has governed
   these islands for generations.

Karsh:
   But that's not all.
   When he was ordered to
   take up a new post
   on the main continent,
   he made quite an impact
   as the leader of the
   Acacia Dragoons and
   was promoted to general.

Karsh:
   He has retired from the
   army since then and currently
   serves as the lord of El Nido.

In one way, it can mean that Viper received an appointment in some army on the mainland around the time of the Fall of Guardia. There, he made a big impression and was promoted to General; he has since retired to become military governor of the Acacia Dragoons, an organization that did originate from Porrean settlers.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 11:29:23 pm »
This's  said by a soldier near the Viper manor in shambles

Quote from: CC Script

I sense no more glory.
|It was glory brought
|on by Porre, anyway.