Author Topic: Is horror dead?  (Read 1881 times)

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Is horror dead?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:51 pm »
Any other foreign recommendations?
Shawn of the Dead.

Okay, not 100% horror...

Horror enough!  The scene where the zombies rip the guy apart outside the bar window is possibly the best zombie gore I've ever scene in a movie.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 04:10:28 am »

Kind of old but I really liked Battle Royale.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »

With Takeshi?  Takishi?  I dunno how to spell it...that jam is banned in the US I'm pretty sure....there are some other familiar faces in it...Zhang Ziyi, Gogo from Kill Bill.  We're thinking of the same movie, right?  It was AWESOME despite how horrific it is at times.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »
Horror enough!  The scene where the zombies rip the guy apart outside the bar window is possibly the best zombie gore I've ever scene in a movie.

28 Days Later is great in that regard as well.

Now 28 Weeks Later...that just sucked.

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 02:55:33 am »

With Takeshi?  Takishi?  I dunno how to spell it...that jam is banned in the US I'm pretty sure....there are some other familiar faces in it...Zhang Ziyi, Gogo from Kill Bill.  We're thinking of the same movie, right?  It was AWESOME despite how horrific it is at times.
That's the one.  I don't think it was banned in the US, but the extreme plot of a bunch of high schoolers being forced to kill each other off is one that no production company in the US has the balls to import.

The manga made it though, and who knows, with movies like Saw and Feast pushing the R rating to its limits somebody may just grow a pair and give it a release stateside.

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 03:50:16 pm »

That's the one.  I don't think it was banned in the US, but the extreme plot of a bunch of high schoolers being forced to kill each other off is one that no production company in the US has the balls to import.

The manga made it though, and who knows, with movies like Saw and Feast pushing the R rating to its limits somebody may just grow a pair and give it a release stateside.

Yep that's it. I just downloaded it. There are several others that I am missing, but a lot of them just have gross scenes in it that I can't stomach at times.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:50 am »
One of my favorite movies is a Korean thing of a few years back called Gwoemul (known most everywhere else as The Host)...It was a great monster movie that had some good comedic moments, but also the more dramatic stuff usually found in the genre...Plus, the monster shows up in like the first 15 minutes (take THAT King Kong!)...!