Author Topic: I'm starting to think we over-analyze a lot.  (Read 3251 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm starting to think we over-analyze a lot.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 05:02:13 am »
Square Enix could have stopped us, but they chose not to.

Well, we've obviously influenced SE in one way or another, but that's not what I meant. Perhaps the conclusions that we've come to the CT team didn't even think about during the creation of the game.

But again, this is just me, I'm not saying it's fact.

Of course they didn't. Most of the literature you study and analyze in English class never had as much thinking going into its creation as coming out of its analysis, and yet that's how you learn to break apart and identify the parts that make the work effective. It's a lot like art theory...

I clicked on this topic to post exactly that. A good story is kinda like a bird (lol that's cheesy). The author gives birth to it but it eventually "grows" and leaves the nest, and then it stands by itself without the author's intervention (sometimes against the author's intent, even).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:23 am »
Basically an artist's intentions, whether they're apparent or not, do not always sync with the viewer's and can even take on a life of its own, but that makes it no less art and is, in fact, the essence of art.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:26 am »
We are Chrono fans, it's not like were getting anything new to analyze :P

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:21 am »
i like the overanalyzing, but my problem with it comes from a statement already posted. i have to agree with jutty.

We are Chrono fans, it's not like were getting anything new to analyze :P

because of the fact that we're getting nothing new anytime soon, we overanalyze and then some. the 'and then some' i refer to is overanalyzing miniscule details (like the fact that i haven't capitalized any of my interweb letters in this interweb post) rather than the content of said post. also, huge explanations going completely off-topic about how syntax is different than grammar and spelling is different from punctuation and all these other things i already know, but don't really care about and don't need to read when i'm looking for fun video game stuff on the interweb.

because of that, i can't go to the chrono ark forums. they're so nitpicky they won't let a word get by unless it's in term paper format.
THAT is over the top. i like to think most people at the compendium are not too over the top, but maybe just to the line near the top.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 04:29:00 pm »
I think it's a combination of, for lack of a better word, obsessed fans and time travel. 

I mean look at the analysis of LOST, if you throw time travel in the mix of anything you're going to have people posting theories left and right. It's just fun to think about.

--JP

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 05:15:30 am »
I think it's a combination of, for lack of a better word, obsessed fans and time travel. 

I mean look at the analysis of LOST, if you throw time travel in the mix of anything you're going to have people posting theories left and right. It's just fun to think about.

--JP
Funny that there's been an analysis linking Chrono Trigger to Lost here too.

idioticidioms

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 04:43:38 pm »
Lost is the center of everything

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 09:46:08 am »

--JP

I watched the first season of Lost. Then it became too headache inducing to watch.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 03:31:25 am »
Lol we fill holes that SE never thinks about.

That's the beauty of it.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26:03 pm »
I like the analysis and stuff people do to link the games up, but when you try to say like "CHRONO TRIGGER IS RELATED TO ATLANTIS OR SOME LOST CITY" then that's going overboard.  There seem to be quite a few things that people try to link up with real life...that's just too much.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 12:17:16 am »
Even then, Atlantis is pretty sweet and Zeal is very reminiscent of such a place. But I don't think they're related any more than the legend of Atlantis (the before it's time advanced civilized island) is probably where they got the idea for the circumstances of Zeal, which then grew into a bigger, better idea.

Metal Gear Flaccid

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Get the heck out of here, you nerd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 12:20:07 pm »
We're really not that much different form any other fandom: have you SEEN Star Wars fans? We look tame compared to them! With the lack of official data coming from the Home Base (Square), we feel a need to fill a gap in the silence. it's just good, clean fun. And, it's good to stretch the philosophical muscles once in a while; might as well use the on something we love.

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:21 am »
Lost is the center of everything

I thought that everything started with CT and everything ended with CT. That is my belief, at least for now.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:24 am »
Nope, started with CT & ended with CTDS.

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:23 am »
Well, we could also say that it started and ended with the Millennial Fair...

Even with what you said, it would be accurated.