Author Topic: Your thoughts: Need for Speed Hot Pursite 3 N64?  (Read 737 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Your thoughts: Need for Speed Hot Pursite 3 N64?
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_3#PC_version         PSX March 1998:    PC September 1998:

There are differences between the PSX version and the PC version of my favorite racing game so I am curious as to what it could've been like for the N64 if Nintendo didn't say "Screw you Sony".

I know for one thing the music would not have been as realistic and I think the graphics might have been more rendered then it is or would they use the expansion pack and it would be better due to lack of loading time?

Would the cop pursuit tactics be better on the N64 version?

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Re: Your thoughts: Need for Speed Hot Pursite 3 N64?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:23:49 pm »
Your posts are always so random.  :lol: I remember that game though I don't think I ever really liked racing, but if I remember right the cops would lay spike traps on the road and set up barricades, which was kind of cool.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:19:05 pm »
A lot of the more trivial content, like the panoramic media shots of the cars in the vehicle descriptions, would probably end up getting cut due to storage concerns, but the core gameplay would likely be similar to the PSX version. It's certainly simple enough of a game.  :lol:

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »
I agree I think it would be more of the PSX though you won't be able to download online cars and I forgot about the car-showcase which is a very cool feature in the game.   I think it was either hot pursuit or high stakes you can pan around in the car during showcase.

Do you think the graphics might have more detail?