Author Topic: A little confused about moderatorship.  (Read 2800 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
A little confused about moderatorship.
« on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:37 am »
I'm a little confused about how people obtain ranks here. I mean, I've been.... fairly active since.... I'd say it's been since August last year I joined. Yet I've seen people who've come after me who just zoomed to higher rank. Like I'm talking about.... the violet-red name color. I'm talking about people who've been as active as me, if not more, of course. Important people like Teaflower. Though, I've seen others who've been here for years, like Justin3009, who seem to be same rank as I but have done far more than me.

Something here doesn't seem to add up. Although, I'll admit, RP modship is pretty sweet.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: A little confused about moderatorship.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:16:46 am »
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to by "violet-red", but I think that represents Springtime of Youth membership. (Can't really check what color other members of the group have right now, since they're not on.)

There are other ranks given for contributions. For example, I've noticed that Guruship (or Emeritus) gives them a red color.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:19:02 am by Vehek »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:04 am »
Violet-pink ones are in the springtime of youth; it's a way of rewarding people for creating an internal locus of control or getting in touch with their desires and ambitions as channeled through the SOY forum.

All others are merit. Here are individual cases and things:

• V_Translanka is trusted and has been around forever, so when we needed a global moderator, he was the guy for the job. He's not sort of an administrator. GrayLensman fulfilled a similar role before disappearing; GrayLensman would have been administrator if he had stayed. Chrono'99 is probably next in line for administrator if he's completely active, but part of the requirements of the job is constant activity, so real life might stop him from doing that. Since he was absent...
  • FaustWolf became an administrator because he's active in all areas of the forums, has the right temperament and intelligence for the job, and has been extremely productive since he came to the Compendium. This is a reward of merit. If Chrono'99 had still been active since then, Chrono'99 probably would have filled the vacant spot from Lord J Esq.
  • Architect of Kajar - This is explained in Kajar Laboratories. There's a to-do list in the Welcome thread that anyone can do one thing from to become an Architect of Kajar. It's also granted for other achievements in ROM hacking and fan project making, but only when there's a finished product. Having stuff in development doesn't count unless the progress is contributing to the rest of the community (like when we hacked something in Crimson Echoes, and then let the community know how to do it; JP has done this frequently).
  • Artist of Termina, Poet of El Nido - Fan art and fan fiction contest winners.
  • Fan Project Leaders - For those given access to post in the Fan Projects news forum. JLukas has this rank despite not having an active project as a sort of extra way to venerate him for his early, substantial contributions to Prerelease hacking.
  • Moderator of Kajar Laboratories - JP gets this because he wanted to clean up Kajar Laboratories.
  • Heir to the Masamune - CyberSarkany won a contest a long time ago to get this.
  • Moon Stone J - Lord J Esq created this for himself before leaving administratorship.
  • Peach Mountain Shoguns - I think Pyt Fumv is the only person to have this ostensibly; he may have Springtime of Youth. This is the group that gets to see the administrative advisory forum, along with Gurus and administrators.

Gurus of Time, Life, Reason, and Emerita - These people are recognized for HUGE achievements. From the about page:

Gurus are members of the Chrono Compendium recognized for outstanding individual contributions to analysis, the Chrono Compendium, and the popularity and enjoyment of the Chrono series on whole. Guru status is reserved for the highest possible achievements in individual fields; existing Gurus become emerita upon the promotion of new courts. For types of achievement, Life is reserved for creative, Time for analytical (both technical and plot) or unique, and Reason for community-wide leadership and activity.

Court I - Aitrus (Life), GrayLensman (Reason), warmgun (Time)
            Court II - Aitrus (Life), GrayLensman (Reason), The_UnknownUser_ (Time)
            Court III - Aitrus (Life), GrayLensman (Reason), Leebot (Time)
            Court IV - Geiger (Life), GrayLensman (Reason), Leebot (Time)
            Court V - KWhazit (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), Leebot (Time)
            Court VI - KWhazit (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), FaustWolf (Time)
            Court VII - Geiger (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), FaustWolf (Time)
            Court VIII - Geiger (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), Luminaire85 (Time)
            Court IX - Geiger (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), GlitterBerri (Time)
            Court X - utunnels (Life), Chrono'99 (Reason), GlitterBerri (Time)

Aitrus - analysis. GrayLensman - exactly what it says. warmgun - The first temporal analyses. The_UnknownUser_ - Help with Time Error. Geiger - Temporal Flux. Leebot - Time Error theory. KWhazit - CT Retranslation. Chrono'99 - exactly what it says. FaustWolf - Chrono Cross exploration. Luminaire85 - Chrono Cross model viewing. GlitterBerri - translations. utunnels - Trigger and Cross hacking exploration, Radical Dreamers analysis. Soon, you'll see JP - Crimson Echoes.

This system is meant to show just how much merit is prized in the community. GlitterBerri is basically brand new to the forums, but because she's contributing stuff of the highest importance, she is considered a top esteemed member of the Chrono Compendium. The only failing of the Guru system is that it doesn't recognize a situation like many, many small helpful points over a looong time. Vehek is a good example; he's helped...hundreds of little things over a couple years, but he hasn't done anything totally flashy, so there's a failing here. I hope he doesn't mind not being a Guru...

Edit: Wish we had more Peach Mountain Shoguns, because their icon is awesome:

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:58 am »
I hope he doesn't mind not being a Guru...
Eh, in some ways, I prefer watching my climb up the regular post rank ladder.

Schala Zeal

• 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:38:21 am »
*shrug* Just curious.... I guess unless $50,000 and a few years of psychologic therapy pass, I'd have a SOY membership.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:40:24 am »
It's easy. Go to that forum, set goals for yourself, make a thread for yourself, and you get the rank. Of course, you do have to passionately try to be in the springtime of youth and achieve your dreams...

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:59:09 am »
Vehek is a good example; he's helped...hundreds of little things over a couple years, but he hasn't done anything totally flashy, so there's a failing here. I hope he doesn't mind not being a Guru...
Vehek is the one who explores and researches in rom hacking. But I like to play with those already available knowledge.
I think many of my ideas came from his work.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:28 pm »
I'm happy with just being a resident smartass.   :D

Maybe I'll settle for a Medal of Valor once my script is completed.  8)

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:25:54 pm »
That Peach Mountain Shogun is bad ass!

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »
I'm quite happy with the Springtime of Youth rank I have, although Poet of El Nido sounds awesome as well. Or... mod of the RP forum... but that's an entirely different wish altogether.

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 11:11:06 pm »
Shew I wish I was special. I should get something for being pretty much the polar opposite of spring time of youth. Like Fall time of Old and Bitter.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »
Hey, I'm the official friendlord, in my springtime of Youth, AND I desire to be the official Let's Player and Free advertising guy. I'm pretty happy.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 11:18:56 pm »
What did Pyt Fumv do to get the Shogun title?

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
He is the Commander of the Compendium Armies. The invasion begins in 2012.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogun

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:27 pm »
Bah! Real life has pushed my activity on the forums into the bowels of staleness... I suppose I have a desire to rise through the ranks of merit; but then again, that has never been a really effective motivation for my work. Thus, I work only to fulfill my potential -- moreso in real life lately, though.