Author Topic: Where did the Mystics come from?  (Read 18294 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Where did the Mystics come from?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »
I know it was sarcasm but I've recently learned that there are people who are stupid enough to believe anything they read, so I have to address everything as if it weren't.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 04:44:42 pm »
I bet the Mystics were the result of Bekkler - who was a scientist in Zeal at the time.

He was a scientist? Belthasar refers to him as a magician...

Quote from: CT Retrans
A doppel doll! That would do nicely.
The magician Norstein Bekkler could whip one up in the wink of an eye, if only he were here.
You've not heard of him, you say? Well, he loves festivals. Find a fair, and there, too, you shall almost certainly find Bekkler!

And while that shows that he's familiar with Bekkler, it doesn't state that he's from the Dark Ages/Antiquity/Zeal...

There's also Flea & the Yakras. I don't think any case is enough to say that all Mystics can choose any form they want, though.

Let me answer that with this link.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,3455.msg74909.html#msg74909
It's just like Sprigg.

I don't know what part of that thread you mean or what exactly it proved/answered in relation to my post...but it did bring up the other Mystics in the Cathedral that I had forgotten about. Still, Flea is still the only one I remember that could take a non-human form.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »
your kinda getting annoying

I bet the Mystics were the result of Bekkler - who was a scientist in Zeal at the time.

He was a scientist? Belthasar refers to him as a magician...

Quote from: CT Retrans
A doppel doll! That would do nicely.
The magician Norstein Bekkler could whip one up in the wink of an eye, if only he were here.
You've not heard of him, you say? Well, he loves festivals. Find a fair, and there, too, you shall almost certainly find Bekkler!

And while that shows that he's familiar with Bekkler, it doesn't state that he's from the Dark Ages/Antiquity/Zeal...

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Norstein_Bekkler_(Identity_of).html

I'm going by the encyclopedia and analysis.

There's also Flea & the Yakras. I don't think any case is enough to say that all Mystics can choose any form they want, though.

Let me answer that with this link.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,3455.msg74909.html#msg74909
It's just like Sprigg.

I don't know what part of that thread you mean or what exactly it proved/answered in relation to my post...but it did bring up the other Mystics in the Cathedral that I had forgotten about. Still, Flea is still the only one I remember that could take a non-human form.

It was saying that Mystics can take any form they want but they must defeat whatever they want to take the form of first, much like Sprigg. But you know what, the Arena may answer this question because it seems that all of those creatures are Mystic like creatures, right? Perhaps it's like a Pokemon-like evolution.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:45:45 pm by ZealKnight »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Norstein_Bekkler_(Identity_of).html

I'm going by the encyclopedia and analysis.

You're going by a theory that uses the same source as my quote. Guess how the Compendium's theories are made? IN THE ANALYSIS FORUMS! What I said about Bekkler still stands.

It was saying that Mystics can take any form they want but they must defeat whatever they want to take the form of first, much like Sprigg.

Oh, I must have overlooked that Sprigg-like Mystic theory because it didn't seem to have anything backing it...

But you know what, the Arena may answer this question because it seems that all of those creatures are Mystic like creatures, right? Perhaps it's like a Pokemon-like evolution.

So you're saying they evolve into a form that can take on the form of other forms? >_> I don't know how much canon the Arena plays...and it seems kind of out-of-dimensional...

your kinda getting annoying

Well, I think you're swell too, buddy! Kind of irrelevant for Analysis though...

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 08:11:08 pm »
Holy crap you are being so annoying.

But you know what, the Arena may answer this question because it seems that all of those creatures are Mystic like creatures, right? Perhaps it's like a Pokemon-like evolution.

So you're saying they evolve into a form that can take on the form of other forms? >_> I don't know how much canon the Arena plays...and it seems kind of out-of-dimensional...

Look, Becklar doesn't even matter. It is quite possible he is from the Antiquity and you can disagree with it all you want. I don't care and it is irrelevant on this thread! Sprigg is a mystic and she is the closest we can to understanding them because she joined our party, I want to know where the hell(which may be the origin considering they are demons) they come from and why is it they only start appearing in the antiquity in the Lavos Dimension, and how they could possibly exist in the Lost Sanctum. Plus it seems that the Mystics are much stronger than the Dragonians/dinos (depending on the evolution time) and the humans. Finally I was just trying to find a way of explaining how they could have different forms and abilities using the Arena as another source, considering how few there are. If you're not going to do anything but disagree with me without saying anything else such as why I MUST be wrong (which you haven't, because you're saying all I'm doing is speculating), then don't post. And there is nothing wrong with speculation, many great theories came out of speculation, much like the existence of anti-particles was nothing but speculation for a long time but was eventually proved true. If you keep saying no you're wrong without giving me any reason then you're not being helpful. No I know I'm going on a rant, but you didn't say anything but "you're wrong because you don't have concrete evidence."

About the Arena, what I meant was what if your monster is actually a mystic, and mystics evolve, or class change, much like Pokemon. do you understand. Flea is a high class Mystic and being that class she has the ability to transform.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:34 pm »
I was just arguing that you are no more right (it sounded like you were saying you were) in believing the theory that Bekkler comes from Zeal than I was in saying that it's impossible to know from what Belthasar says. There's no need to bash me either. I didn't think I was doing so to you (nor did I intend it that way). So just cool your jets, calm down, don't panic, remember: you're on the internet & nothing you say or is said to you will probably matter to you five minutes after you log off.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:26:28 pm by V_Translanka »

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 11:31:56 pm »
Wait...I just remembered that Sprigg is in fact a Mystic. What was she doing in the Dimensional Vortex in CC in the first place? Does she ever mention it in the game? I doubt that could shed any light on the origins of the Mystics though.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:14 am »
Isn't she either part of or has connections to the Magic Guild though?

Sneff has that magic that turns anyone into a cat...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 01:58:43 am »
I don't know of the Magic Guild, but she definetly knows the Fortune Teller of Termina.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 02:08:31 am »
Oh yeah, I think it was supposed that it was Sprigg that taught Sneff how to use that magic? Something about a fruit or something? I can't remember...I may be wrong even...Or was it that thing in the Bend of Time...? *shrugs*

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 10:29:46 am »
Yeah, that's pretty much it:
At some point in her life, she met the Fortune Teller of Termina and also developed her Doppelgang ability, enabling her to transform into enemies she defeated. She lived on the outside world for much of her life, probably encountering Sneff and providing him with a berry that enabled him control over rudimentary transformation magic.
I don't think we ever find out why Sprigg was in the Dimensional Vortex though...I guess she was just tossed into it or something.

But I think it is rather interesting to assume that Mystics gain the ability to transform into a creature only after defeating it. I figured that ability was specific to Sprigg, but I never considered the Mystics from CT. I thought they were just disguises up until Yakra--where he literally changed forms...

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 03:51:35 pm »
Well in the first dungeon of CT all the Vipers and Nagas were disguised as humans, and it had to be a physical transformation, considering how they had tails then they had legs. How it happened I don't know, but it's how I see it and how I explain it.

I always figured she did something stupid to be kicked out of the magic guild, like maybe she was never suppose to teach Sneff to transform things and since a normal human had magic they allowed him into the guild afterwards. Why would she teach Sneff magic though? I don't know, love? Where do you think Demi-Humans came from?(sarcasm) But, the Fortune Teller was not angry to see her out so most likely not the reason. I highly doubt that Sprigg's reason for being the Temporal Vortex has anything to do with Mystic's origin, because 1) we have no way of getting any proof of how or why she got there and 2) We know she was not born there.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 03:49:01 am »
My guess is Sprigg got stuck in the dimensional vortex on accident.  Prolly a magic experiment gone wrong.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
So no luck there I suppose. That's interesting about the connections between the Fortune Teller and Sneff though. I never knew that because I never used Sneff or Sprigg much so I never saw any interaction between them. I think she probably just accidentally got stuck there. Which is interesting because it affirms that Mystics have some sort of power over time/dimensions. It seems to suggest an origin in which Lavos manipulated their evolution, to me at least.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 07:27:13 pm »
Well, how did Serge get sent to Sprigg's house? Was it the Dragon Tear? Lynx's doing (I forget)?