Author Topic: Radical Dreamers Remake Project  (Read 1489 times)

rumboytucket

• Iokan (+1)
  • Death does not concern us
    • View Profile
Radical Dreamers Remake Project
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:30:23 am »
Dunno if this is the right forum to post this in, if it's not, feel free to move it. Also, I'm pretty sure this meets thread regulations and forum rules but if I missed anything, lemme know.

The RDRP project is a fan project taken up by the members of the chrono crisis forum to make a fan remake of Radical Dreamers. Progress on the project has not yet began, however, with the amount of talented members on the forum, I am most certain we will make good progress in the future.

It is a voluntary project, every member of CCforums is free to help out, and there is no limit to the amount of people allowed to work on the project. The script is being worked on by the member Gaspar, and Justin3009(of crimson echoes fame)is heading the project. The project is being created using Rpg Maker XP and the default CT sprite style. There is even a possibility that the Crisis team may offer some help with the project as well, tho this is not yet confirmed.(we're hoping to get Lena Andrea to do some sprite-edits of her CC sprite models for the project *crosses fingers*)As the name suggests, it is a planned remake of Radical Dreamers.

Noticing the inactivity and possible abandonment of freakyfrankie's RD+, and being bored/having nothing productive to do while waiting for the release of Chrono Crisis, the forum has taken it upon themselves to create their own fan project of RD. We accept any and all volunteers, so if anyone on here feels like participating, let us know.

This thread and the one on the CC forums will function as a headquarters for any volunteering, suggestions, discussions, etc. This will be a free reign project, for all fans by all fans. We have our own forum, however, if anyone would like to join:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/radicaldreamersrmkpr/

Any volunteers/participants would be much appreciated. There are no strict rules for qualification, so anyone is free to help out in any way possible, as this is a community project.

There's nothing to look at/worth mentioning yet, but we are well under way at beginning development. Expect great things to come in the near future. :)

rumboytucket

• Iokan (+1)
  • Death does not concern us
    • View Profile
Re: Radical Dreamers Remake Project
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:33 am »
Also, any development/media will be made available to all, for criticism/peer review. We want to make this project as acceptable and agreeable to chrono fans as possible, so feel free to chip in and offer your suggestions, and advice. Thank you. :)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:38:34 am »
I'm hoping we could get some Compendiumites to help out with this a bit because a lot of us want to have accuracy, and the Crisis forums wants to have it readable and not robotic.  So if we did combine our powers a bit, this could actually turn out to be pretty damn good.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 02:29:38 pm »
What's the plan for the storyline? Perfect copy of RD but actually playable (and not just "readable")? Huge expansion of the original storyline, with exploration of the entire world circa 1020AD? Something new and completely different?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »
From what I'm gathering, fully playable with more exploration and expanded storyline a bit.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 03:14:23 pm »
Justin, you can feel free to use the sprites gil created for a certain other project, if that will help with Riddel/Lilith. gil was fine with them appearing in any fan project in whatever capacity, and he had created a considerable number of frames before he had to leave.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 03:16:41 pm »
I completely forgot about those, thanks for that.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 03:47:04 pm »
 :( Awww man, I was gonna make an RD Sidescroller...

Hmmmm, RPGMaker XP version of RD would be a nice idea, but it needs to be incredibly new and different from other fanmade RPGs (and that's why I chose SSB style + SideScroller). On top of that, only 3 playable characters would be kinda... boring...

:D But I wish you guys luck on your project! And oooh, love the Magil design! But please, no Magus heads on the sprites! Dx

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 06:43:22 pm »
Ooh, I LOVE RADICAL DREAMERS! Perhaps CTU can eventually lend something to this, for a long time now we've had masterful spriters making full sheets of Kid and Serge in secret using the CT style. The Serge sheet has long since been done, but the Kid sheet is still a work in progress.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 01:57:54 am »
Ooh, I LOVE RADICAL DREAMERS! Perhaps CTU can eventually lend something to this, for a long time now we've had masterful spriters making full sheets of Kid and Serge in secret using the CT style. The Serge sheet has long since been done, but the Kid sheet is still a work in progress.
....Dang nabbit! D= If you guys have spriters/sprites for Radical Dreamers characters in KOF style it'd be a big help, blimey!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 02:01:03 am »
To be honest, I never though this will be made as a regular RPG. I used to think about an adventure game like clock tower series.
But, yeah, I'm curious how it would be.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 04:55:48 am »
Sorry, nothing in the KOF style. Though I must say, I could definitely get behind a Graphical Adventure style game.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 07:21:41 am »
I made this custom Serge sprite let me know if I should finish the animations, but seriously send me a template for what you guys are using and I'll make some npcs and such.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 10:20:05 pm »
I made this custom Serge sprite let me know if I should finish the animations, but seriously send me a template for what you guys are using and I'll make some npcs and such.

:bday

I laughed, hard.

Edit: As for Compendium help, Chrono'99, JP, and I are doing Crimson Echoes, and everyone else is concerned with the CC:DBT projects, the Chrono Trigger DS project, the Schala project, hacking Chrono Cross, or one million other things. You can add this to the general pot of fan projects, but I honestly don't see much work taking place at all.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:56:14 am by ZeaLitY »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 08:50:14 am »
I don't think coders/developers is a problem.  There's quite a few of them at the Crisis forums and I think we've snagged a couple.