Author Topic: Incase you're wondering  (Read 565 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Incase you're wondering
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:52:31 pm »
I made it through doomsday at Microsoft....atleast doomsday round 1.

Scary stuff, my entire building felt like a funeral home.  And it totally sucks that they are dong 1400 now and 3600 "later" it's tough working with that handing over your head.  Hopefully noone else here has had to go through layoffs cause it SUCKS.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Incase you're wondering
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:44:42 pm »
Holy cow, good luck with Round 2!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:10 pm »
Whoa, heavy stuff, man. Good luck with it all--please tell me they weren't that vague though...3600 "later"? It's like they want people to have it looming over their heads...

But good luck, man. Hope for the best.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:54:45 pm »
Ouch =/...Good luck!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:59:23 pm »
I made it through doomsday at Microsoft....atleast doomsday round 1.

Scary stuff, my entire building felt like a funeral home.  And it totally sucks that they are dong 1400 now and 3600 "later" it's tough working with that handing over your head.  Hopefully noone else here has had to go through layoffs cause it SUCKS.

--JP

What group are you in at Microsoft, if you don't mind me asking? Hope you make it through round 2.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:10:41 pm »
I don't like Microsoft so this is akward. But I don't want you to lose your job, your like the guy who is in charge of all the goes-ons in Kajar. SO I WILL PRAY FOR YOU!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 11:42:47 pm »
Compass Bank just sent out an e-mail today saying that 10% of our work force (about 1700 jobs) are going to be cut soon.  They said everyone should know within the next few weeks who is out and who survives.  It's scary, to say the least.

idioticidioms

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:02 pm »
they do the '3600 later' to scare people and see how they work under pressure. Those who fail invariably are the ones who go. If you're able to handle it and excel, well, I think they might like to keep you around. But I don't know for sure. I'm not the executive of one of the largest crap chains in the world.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:38 am »
I'm in an online division (that's as specific as I'll get no offense :) ) .  They were vague about the "later"  I almost wish they would have just done the 5000 right away instead of have it loom over us for a year.  For example i want to plan a vacation but I'm kind of wary to you know?   What's worse is with less headcount the people who are left pick up the slack so you're stressed AND have more work. 

That being said I'm really grateful just to have a job period.   It's crazy to think of how many THOUSANDS of people have lost their jobs in the last 6 months alone.....mind boggling really. 

--JP

idioticidioms

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:11 am »
That's why I'm glad I just got a job in electrical work. I only do work as a grunt right now and I have to wait for work to come in, but the beauty of it is that there will always be a call for it.