Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 54268 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2009, 02:19:23 am »
Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War

What an awesome game.

I'm currently on Chapter 2, finally going to conquer the last castle. But I don't like how the big maps are structured, especially this chapter's. Starting in the southeast corner, moving to the northwestern one, only to now go to the northeast one, but having to go back south then east since there are cliffs forcing me to go around. If it wasn't for that Warp and Return Staffs and the music...

But the rest I have no problem with. Though I will hate the big maps more if they give me more situations like the one above.

Alcyone

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2009, 04:02:29 am »
Disgaea 2. I played it for about 26 hours straight the other day. .__.;; It's the only thing keeping me from going insane while trying to save up for a PS3 so I can get Disgaea 3.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2009, 04:05:21 am »
Disgaea 2. I played it for about 26 hours straight the other day. .__.;; It's the only thing keeping me from going insane while trying to save up for a PS3 so I can get Disgaea 3.
The only PS3 exclusive that I have any interest in really.

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2009, 06:04:42 am »
The only PS3 exclusive that I have any interest in really.

MGS4 makes me want to get one. Killzone 2 almost got me, but I'm pretty sure GoW3 will confirm my purchase.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2009, 04:50:01 am »
Final Fantasy Verrsus XIII is looking better than XIII. I hope that GoW3 will dome this year....

I am playing some Burnout Paradise, I don't have any RPG's for the PS3 at the moment... All the good ones are for 360 right now. Valkyrie chronicles is pretty good though.
I need to get some freaking money to buy at least one game......

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2009, 10:57:42 am »
For the past month I have been playing Legends of Dragoon...

It's going to take forever, seeing as how I am now on a "only one day of video games" per week routine.

It's actually quite nice!  I'm more productive!

idioticidioms

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2009, 02:49:39 am »
Bahamut Lagoon has been on my itinerary lately, but I don't seem to be playing too much anymore. Some thing called 'Love' keeps interfering. Odd.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2009, 10:08:46 am »
Bahamut Lagoon totally loses something for me after a while...I blame dragon raising...I hate raising Pokémon outside of Pokémon games...speaking of which...

Pokémon: Platinum Version - I had tried the DDP series previously, but other games got in the way and then I figured to play Yellow, Crystal & Emerald first (since they all play faster on my lame lappy than the DS series)...I got through Yellow & Emerald (I forget why I went to Emerald...probably impatience)...I think I'll be okay, but I forgot too soon how much of a Berry whore I become...omg and the effing Honey on the trees too...Hello Pokémon: Harvest Moon Version! V_V I've currently got 3 Badges and just sorta puttering around the little side areas...

Etrian Odyssey - This is a pretty great game. It reminds me somewhat of turn-based RPGs of old...maybe it's the 1st person battles...maybe it's the level-heaviness...idk...In the beginning you start a clan, rustle up a party of a handful of various available classes (standard knight, archer, priest, wizard, paladin, buffer & debuffer...with two other classes you get to unlock later...which I haven't gotten yet)...Anyways, each level you get a point to spend on a variety of skills and junk and it's fun in that regard (reminds me of FFT)...I'm currently past the first real boss and doing some leveling...Oh and you sorta make your own maps in-game as you go along, but idk how important or necessary it is, really most of the time...Just a thing they tacked on...

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Do ya like Bejeweled? Do you like RPGs? Then you're in luck! This has all of the flare of both in one great little medieval package! If you're looking for something more sci-fi, there's Puzzle Quest: Galatrix! It's actually pretty fun & extremely addictive.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2009, 01:56:53 am »
Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones

I decided to give myself a challenge while playing this (that is, making the enemies stronger, with the only help for the characters being higher stat growths). So far until Chapter 7, it has been fine.

Chapter 5x was a nightmare, though. I never expected Level 7-9 enemies with a Level 12 boss to be a bad choice for that one.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2009, 03:39:24 am »
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

I like the online play a lot. Oh and a quick tip... don't ever play on an HD TV unless you have either an hdmi or the hd cables... Without the hd cables/hdmi I had a .53 K/D ratio, with the cords... I now have a 1.55 K/D.

Anyway, the realisticness of the game is just plain SWEET.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2009, 03:58:41 am »
So I was either brave, or crazy, or both.

Fighting Level 15-16 enemies with Level 7-9 units wasn't such a good idea after all. And then Tirado... if it wasn't for Ephraim I would have lost some units there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:53:54 pm by Acacia Sgt »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2009, 08:46:54 am »
Without the hd cables/hdmi I had a .53 K/D ratio, with the cords... I now have a 1.55 K/D.

I'm getting old... :(

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2009, 12:19:33 pm »
Maybe you just realize the futility of keeping a high nerd quotient.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »
I am currently playing Guilty Gear Accent Core +, which I got yesterday.

My fourth favorite series after Chrono, Lunar, and Dynasty/Samurai Warriors. A steadily evolving and complex fighting system, impressive for the PS2 2D graphics (for the fighting games anyway, GG2 is a whole different can of beans altogether), a memorial cast of characters (can't forget some of them even if you want to... I'm looking at you, Faust...), and an ongoing story filled with enough plot twists and loose ends to make even Masato Kato's head spin (and that's quite an achievement). At least in my personal opinion. :P

Of course, most story related material can only be found through Japan-only supplementary merchandise (Drama CDs and novels and all that.), but I digress.

Favorite thing in this game... Dizzy finally... FINALLY has an IK (Instant Kill) move. Downside is that it's a bitch-and-a-half to pull off... >_<

Enjoying every minute of it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2009, 05:39:30 pm »
I am currently playing Guilty Gear Accent Core +, which I got yesterday.

That game is fantastic. I've been a regular Guilty Gear player since XX. Who do you play? My main is Testament.