Author Topic: Dream Splash II Question?  (Read 869 times)

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
Dream Splash II Question?
« on: January 09, 2009, 07:04:09 pm »
I apoligize for my ignorance on this basic question, but what is the Dream Splash forum? ZeaLitY's stickied post at the top didn't give a clear idea of what the forum was. My guess was it was a forum of fanworks united by a theme (currently El Nido) but I wasn't sure.

If my guess is correct then my other querstions are how long did the previos Dream Splash last, how long will this one last, what ideas for the next one could be, and just generally any information on it. It seems to be a cool idea, but I really couldn't find any information on it.

The information is probably there and I'm just stupid though -_-

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Splash II Question?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »
The Dreamsplash!es are sort of nebulous by design, which is a good thing -- gives the "fan artist" maximum freedom to express him or herself in whatever way he or she likes.

I'm not really sure what ZeaLitY has in mind for this one -- last year the Compendium did a little featurette on the results, but with CT:DS suddenly appearing, and other developments, he's been busy with all sorts of other things. Plus, I was running all over northeast Ohio for Barack Obama while this year's Dreamsplash developed. I need to check out all the new eye candy.

ZeaLitY, what are we going to do with this year's Dreamsplash?

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 07:52:41 pm »
Thanks for the information FaustWolf! I know your a busy man around here, so thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

The Dream Splash seems like a great idea and I think I'll start some things up to participate in it. Especially since I am just completing my first playthrough of Chrono Cross (up until now my theorycrafting had been working mainly off reading the script of the game from top to bottom) and my head is filled with wonderful ideas.

PS - On a totally unrelated note good man on that running around for Obama, I did the same thing up here in MA.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 08:20:28 pm »
No kidding! What is it with Compendiumites being Obama Field Organizers!? Good job to you too -- hope you've caught up on sleep by now.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 08:27:44 pm »
No kidding! What is it with Compendiumites being Obama Field Organizers!? Good job to you too -- hope you've caught up on sleep by now.

Oh yes, I requested a vacation from work this week. Caught up on my sleep, completed CC in the span of a week, and found the compendium and have slowly tried to make myself a part of it. It's been very relaxing ^_^

If ZeaLitY does answer your question of what is going to be done with this years Dream Splash I think it would be good for that to be made a sticky at the stop of the current Dream Splash page. The sticky at the top currently isn't incredibly helpful, and references Zeal and not El Nido for guidelines (not that there were many guidelines other then 'do what thou wilt'). Just a suggestion so another newb like myself doesn't ask this question again.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »
If my guess is correct then my other querstions are how long did the previos Dream Splash last, how long will this one last...

No deadline! It wraps up when submissions sort of die out.

...I won't quote that last line of your first post because I'm a nice guy. ;)

...what ideas for the next one could be, and just generally any information on it. It seems to be a cool idea, but I really couldn't find any information on it.

I think you're overthinking it. It's sort of just a way to showcase a few things and by making a singular sort of theme, it makes things easier to organize, I think. I mean, there's still the regular submissions forum & such...Don't worry about future themes, they'll come when they come...

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:23 pm »
Heh, looks like the information was out there for me to find and I simply overlooked it. Thank you very much for the information V!

I do have a tendency to overlook things and to overthink things ^_^ I will attempt to work on that, thanks once again for the information.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 04:27:06 am »
Nah, it's okay; I sort of just...tucked it away, because I didn't have the time to give it a proper announcement. We'll have to do it this August. El Nido again.