Author Topic: CT DS Ending Questions Spoilers for both CT and Cross  (Read 4098 times)

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
CT DS Ending Questions Spoilers for both CT and Cross
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:27:48 am »
I know this has been discussed a few times. http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6311.0
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6475.0
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6310.0

but I have a few questions that near clarification. First, as chrono series has multiple time lines and dimensions the question of "cannon" is pretty hard to establish in it self. As to me, every ending is cannon, even the ending where everyone has turned into reptiles. All of them in their own dimension :), but enough joking around.

Anyway, so, where is Magus/Janus now? It looks like he was transported to an era similar to 1000AD. I remember there was talk about Guile was suppose to be Magus, but was cut do to development time. We can assume he was transported to that time, but why would he end up there? If he went anywhere else he would probably die from old age..... If he can die from old age. From what I got, they seem to me the are really implying that he is guile now, or that he will be in another sequel "one could only dream". I also had Magus in my party when I got this ending. What will happen to that Magus?

Dalton and his army, depending on who you have in your party, they ether take it is a real threat, or brushed it off. Now did they even actually meet him though? I had Marle and at the time, she took offense to it. So, if they do remember his threat, and there isn't any evidence that says they don't, I would think they would prepare themselves. Maybe build more of those dragon tanks they had guarding the prisons?  That is of course, if that conversation actually happened.

I've read some of the parts in The Rise of Porre and the Fall of Guardia articles, I skim through the article, trying to avoid parts that said chrono cross "since I actually have still yet to beat it sadly  :picardno , after beating ct for the DS i've decided to actually play through the game again, and actually finish it :p." but from what I understand from where i got in the game anyway. Porre attacks Guardia, and Guardia falls, porre sends norris to find the frost flame, but how far does it "fall". I would also like to point out that Guardia does have tanks in Crono's era, and that melchior would more then likely help them with revisions. That maybe a whole other discussion though...... "Also, I GAVE THAT MAYOR'S HIS GREAT GREAT GRANDMA FREE JERKY THAT JERK :p."

I did not make this image, nor do I know who did.

What was the vortex bosses suppose to be? I did get through the part in Chrono Cross, where you first meet the "echos" aka the freaky ghost children of crono lucca and marle. Are they connected to those echos?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:07:12 pm by lockgar »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: CT DS Ending Questions Spoilers for both CT and Cross
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 03:46:17 am »
To be honest, DO the Shades fought at the end of the Vortices have a role at all?

(Assuming you're not including Dalton in that group)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:30:14 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 03:50:37 am »
To be honest, CAN the role of the Shades fought at the end of the Vortices?

(Assuming you're not including Dalton in that group)

What?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:12:27 am by lockgar »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 04:29:52 am »
Ah, shit, my bad. I really fucked that up. I fixed it.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 05:29:58 am »
Who knows? Perhaps they are previous versions of the time travellers shafted to the Darkness Beyond Time and they are angry about it, perhaps they are conjured "dreams" of the dark sides of the travellers, that must be defeated and integrated into themselves before they are powerful enough to face the Dream Devourer (and ultimately lose anyways). It's impossible to know anything about them until some official source says otherwise.

Same goes for whether Magus is now supposed to be Guile, or whether Crono and co. remember the conversation with Dalton. There's too little information. Speculation only leads in endless circles of dissatisfaction.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 01:45:39 pm »
The Magus you see is from the original party that defeats Lavos because the only way to see him is for you to have already defeated Lavos in order to open the Dimensional Vortexes in the first place...and he says as much as well...

Quote from: Magus
Here, Lavos is no more.
This is the future in which we've defeated him.

As for the Dimensional Vortexes themselves, well, their name speaks volumes, I'd assume. But the Magus in your party says this upon entering...

This is a great rift in time's fabric.
There is no stability whatsoever here.

I think they're probably akin to the ghost children of Chronopolis in that they're remnants of the timeline being erased...

Where Magus is or what he's doing, idk, but I don't think he's Guile by any stretch. I think we may be able to take more from Magil than from Guile...Just in where he ended up and what he wound up doing...I think he'll find Schala eventually...or maybe Kid (depending on how you think that whole bit turned out)...

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 01:53:53 pm »
Here, Lavos is no more.

As for the Dimensional Vortexes themselves, well, their name speaks volumes, I'd assume. But the Magus in your party says this upon entering...

Voice: Here, Lavos is no more.

This is what I saw. So I don't think the Magus in the party says this, but the DBT Magus.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 02:09:30 pm »
Yeah, it's DBT Magus: the video will corroborate that, then he turns around, tosses his hood off and says:
Quote from: DBT Magus
Whether that is the future of the world from which you've come, I do not know. There are as many worlds as there are potentialities.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:24:09 pm by mav »

Nezz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 02:16:36 pm »
I know that it has already been linked, but this whole Magus discussion has been done to death, we can assume now that Magus is in fact Guile. Put simply, the new ending is a sort of revision, linking Magus to Guile with the amnesia. It seems somewhat odd that two incredibly similar characters would both have amnesia, one would allude to having "Dark Power" which the other most certainly has, and yet be completely different people. 
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6310.0

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 02:40:13 pm »
V_Translanka was talking about the Dimensional Vortices when he said "the Magus in your party".

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 04:40:31 pm »
Perhaps they are previous versions of the time travellers shafted to the Darkness Beyond Time and they are angry about it...

This is disproven by the very mechanics of Time Bastard themselves. If something is subjected to Time Bastard, then it ceases to exist within the Darkness Of Time.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 09:15:27 pm »
I haven't been to the Dimensional Distortion yet, but have any of you played through that area and having chosen to kill Magus right before the Black Omen rises?  I'm pretty much assuming that everyone here has kept him, not that I condemn this of course, he is a great character to use in battles.  :)

Any of you think that it would change how the Dimensional Distortion is played, should the player decide to not have Magus as a playable character?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 09:24:39 pm »
It shouldn't have any impact at all on the Dimensional Vortices. Unless you are referring to when you encounter him at Time's Eclipse, in which case the answer is still a flat-out NO.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 01:23:11 am »
The way he was talking, I was assuming he was from another dimension all together. Personally, I was hoping the Magus in your party would say something a little more then just Magus:..... its not every day you see yourself get wiped out from a third person perspective, and yet Magus has been in a spectator spot at least twice times in his life  :shock:.

If, however, Magus is not suppose to become Guile, then this ending would be a pretty open ended ending.....

I'm hoping that the re-release of CT:DS sells at least a million units "IT AT 0.72 of a million ALREADY!!!!". Mainly because it would defiantly influence the desire for a sequel. Especially considering final fantasy advance remakes sold less then 300,000 units. Hell if it sells more then that, you would think they would take the hint. "I know there is more too it then that, people leaving square etc. , but just saying, if it, by some twist of fate, manages to 2 million units? You would think that would say something to them."

Personally, I would love to know the details on how Dalton actually gets control of the army. "By force I would assume."

I would think that the vortex bosses where put in there aside for the sake of gameplay.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 03:17:15 am »
By the way, That was maggiekarp's Comic. I'd be mad if someone posted something of mine without telling me, so that's why I bother.