Author Topic: Spreading general Chrono Awareness  (Read 2452 times)

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Re: Spreading general Chrono Awareness
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 01:41:06 am »
Which one is that?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 01:47:37 am »
Which one is that?

Ace Combat 3 JP. 4 and 5 are good to me, but other than Zero, 3J is the one I also want to get.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 04:54:26 pm »
Although CTDS has been out for MONTHS now, I am still shocked by the lack of respect it gets. Because I live in England, I wasn't entirely surprised beforehand, considering that the game had never been released here until CTDS. Back then, including me, there were about 3 other people at my school of 1600+ pupils that actually knew what it was. Now, despite the fact that ever since I purchased it I had been posting updates on facebook talking about nothing but CT, and that I have been playing it around school during breaks and such, I have managed to make 5 people more aware of it. Just 5. I'd still prefer CT in all of its 2D goodness to some crappy 3D RPG where the companies have focused so much time on graphical work that the stories suck ass. If you want an example, look at FF12.

The lack of respect that CT gets over here actually disgusts me. Some random dickhead saw me playing it and actually said to me, "That game is retarded". I just wanted to get up and beat that little fuckwit shitless. I mean, the nerve of that guy...

I'm only 16 myself, and I grew up in the 3D generation, but 2D games, mainly 2D RPGs, are still better imo. Even if my experience of playing CT is relatively short, It is still one of the best games I have ever played.

But hey, at least I've come up with a way to spread general Chrono awareness within a school. Actually just play the damn game in front of them. I mean, I've convinced one guy so much with 10 minutes of CT that he actually dreamt about it.

This needed to be said.

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 05:51:27 pm »
I've been telling people I know who like RPGs to try Cross and Trigger for years now.  So far I've only managed to get one guy to play Cross because I told him it was 3D.  He didn't like it because by then, two generations had rolled in.  I need a new crowd. :picardno

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 07:37:39 pm »
I haven't really had years, but I'm gonna make up for lost time and make CT known in my school. I'm pretty famous for making and reviving things in my school, like yugioh, and interest in the pokemon games. CT shouldn't be much of a challenge, I hope...

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 04:57:46 am »
The real problem with getting young people nowadays to try games like Chrono Trigger is the fact that they will take one look at the game's graphics, and see that it's not 3-D and then they will refuse to play it.
Plus the fact that you have to read the text that appears on the screen if you want to know the story.
A lot of young people nowadays don't like to read.

Also the Chrono games might seem to slow for gamers who play today's games like "Grand Theft Auto".