Author Topic: Spreading general Chrono Awareness  (Read 2465 times)

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Spreading general Chrono Awareness
« on: December 25, 2008, 01:44:15 am »
This has probably been noted many times, but what the heck.

With the release of CTDS, a whole new generation of Chrono fans has the potential to be born. But sadly, the Rerelease has been let out with close to no public spreading. So-it is up to us Compendiumites to deliver the public news, and eventually convince Square to release a new Installment in the series. So, how will you help?

I've told everyone who will listen and who has a DS to purchase a copy, and then Join the Compendium and offer intelligent anaylisis, if they liked it. (Which I'm certain they would.)
I also got my Science teacher Mother to call her Classroom pet frog, Frog, and post a picture of him on it's tank, lol.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Spreading general Chrono Awareness
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 01:46:48 am »
I'm fairly sure there was a topic about this already...I cba to find it though (anyone?)...That frog thing sounds neat I guess...Though how it spreads awareness, idk...Unless someone already knows who Frog is, I don't see how they'll get the references...

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 01:50:00 am »
Not a whole lot we can do other than affiliate with bigger rpg sites. Or advertise there. I mean we can tell a few people, but most gamers know about the existence of Chrono Trigger. A lot of them refuse to give Square the amount of money they want for a port. Younger people I know refuse to play it because it's not 3d and such. I'm pretty sure it's getting exposure tho. A lot of press is labeling it as one of the best DS games and the Game FAQs character battle shows the Crono is still relevant as it is nothing more than a popularity contest.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 01:58:08 am »
They won't pay because it's 2D!?
 :shock:
What a bunch of idiots...
the majority of 2D games are better than the majority of 3D games...

The Frog thing would hopefully inspire the people who know what it is to tell people about it. Also, it Would have CHRONO TRIGGER on it, and maybe they had heard about it somewhere else, and decided to google it. Or Notice the DBZ art style and become Interested. But, it is Middle school so..

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 02:23:19 am »
I've told everyone who will listen and who has a DS to purchase a copy...

I did that, but not the latter part, about joining, which I omitted from the quote.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:42:51 pm »
I figured that if they join, they should know about this godly website. When I say this, I'm not kidding: You people are the friendliest I have ever met on an online website. Really. Also, most of the people who will listen to me are not Trolls, a la GameFAQs. No, most of my friends are smart. In fact, the people who torture me on a daily basis I would never tell them about, as they don't deserve to play the games. I'm just waiting until they get a job doing my yardwork!! :twisted:

(ZeaLity, if you're reading this, have you thought about a Kefka smiley?)

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 06:30:21 pm »
Younger people I know refuse to play it because it's not 3d and such.

Sad.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 06:36:49 pm »
Yeah, just the thought of such ignorance really pisses me off. Do these kids even know what they're missing by not taking a look at 2D games? It's history dammit, and that's where all the greatness is.

But as much as I'd like to spread awareness of the Chrono series, I don't think I'd be too useful: I'm getting old, and the people who need to pick up Chrono Trigger are a bit younger than I am. They're the ones who need to pick up the torch, and frankly, I don't even know where to find 'em.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »
I'm getting old...

How old ARE you?

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 06:44:29 pm »
I'm 23. But I still love CT. I'll probably always love video games. Especially the old timeless classics that I grew up with. We're that generation. This new generation of younger kids with their X-Box's and their fancy 3-D graphics and their rap music and their *grumble* *grumble*. When I was a kid we had to walk uphill both ways to play video games. And they were 2D. And we were happy with it.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 06:48:57 pm »
I tell everyone I know how CTDS is here and that's what I want, but they don't really listen. Then again, I have seen NOTHING for it. Nothing at GameStop, nothing at Wal-Mart, nothing at K-Mart, absolutely nothing. Ugh.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 06:57:00 pm »
I have seen NOTHING for it. Nothing at GameStop, nothing at Wal-Mart, nothing at K-Mart, absolutely nothing. Ugh.

My point Exactly. I don't care about Graphics, my only thing is They can't make my eyes hurt (I'm lookin' at YOU runescape!!) For example, If I can't understand the Graphics, Such as if Serge was a Block with a circle on top for a head and two lines for arms, then I'd have some bad vibes about the game. But when it's as Beautiful as it is, I have no problem. What I look for in a game is
Gameplay
Story
Music

Graphics and other things can't hurt it, but It doesn't decide if It's a crappy game for me. For example I'd rather play Goldeneye then Halo 3.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 07:13:48 pm »
I know what you're talking about, man! I want me the good story, the good gameplay, the good things that really count. I'd rather play old school Sonic than the new shit they come out with.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:42 pm »
A friend of mine LOVES Sonic Unleashed. She's a wolf person at heart, so it must be because of the werewolf theme. :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:18:34 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »