Author Topic: Melchior  (Read 4474 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2005, 11:21:47 pm »
um have any of you guys played soul reaver 1&2 it deals with time traveling quite abit and you may find that some of the things that it talks about could be used to make more sense from some of these theorys

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2005, 11:54:01 pm »
The LoK series has a messed up view of time travel, and confused me way too much.

The way I see Time Traveler's immunity working is like this:

A person in a 1000ad, in Timeline A.  This person (Person A) then Time Travels to 600ad, in Timeline A.  Now, lets say that someone else (in what would now be Timeline B, due to history nessisarily being changed by Person A's mere presence in 600ad) in Timeline B then Time Travels to a previous date, like 400ad, and then blows up the planet.  Since Person A would have Time Traveled previous to Person B, TTI grants him the fate of appearing in space, and having his lungs explode.  Now, if Person B had Time Traveled before Person A, Person A would not have had TTI, and therefore would have not existed to time travel.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2005, 12:07:47 am »
Lok had a messed up sense of time travel? to me it actually made alot of sense because it dident contain some flaws that the time travlers immunity theory has

Sentenal

• View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 04:10:20 pm »
problems with time traveler's immunity?  it seems sound to me...  anyway, i'll correct myself from saying it was screwed up to saying that it was confusing.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 08:13:27 am »
its only confusing until you finish the game then it makes sense but before i had finished it i was like WTF? LOK defience also serves to make some of it make a little more sense

WingedDestiny

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 07:59:16 am »
I have a question.. Been quite a while since I played but, how is it Melchoir ends up in the future? I mean, all the gurus as well.. How did they travel in time? If Schala had sent them there in replace of the CT crew in the original timeline, then how in the new one did they get displaced? And if I'm forgetting somethin please correct me..

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:28 am »
Quote from: WingedDestiny
I have a question.. Been quite a while since I played but, how is it Melchoir ends up in the future? I mean, all the gurus as well.. How did they travel in time? If Schala had sent them there in replace of the CT crew in the original timeline, then how in the new one did they get displaced? And if I'm forgetting somethin please correct me..

i belive they got sent there when the mammon machine got overloaded by the queen making schala make it draw too much power from lavos...
i think

Sentenal

• View Profile
Melchior
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 06:14:34 pm »
Yea, thats right...  Same way Magus got to the middle ages.