Author Topic: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?  (Read 5079 times)

Rowan Seven

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 02:16:45 am »
In CT:DS, the Lucca shade gave me a lot of trouble but that was mostly because my current party wasn't particularly suited for that battle.  The Nu boss in the Lost Sanctum: Past took quite a while for me to overcome too, and the Dream Devourer actually killed my party the first time I fought it.

In Chrono Cross, Miguel and Dario stand out as the really difficult fights in my memory.  Like many others, I had both Lynx AND Harle in my party when I fought Miguel, and that was just painful.  If I remember correctly, I even tried to run away but instead of letting me recover and switch out my equipped characters Miguel said something about resisting Fate and re-engaged me!  And Dario...OUCH.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Which boss did you have the most difficulty defeating?
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 09:01:41 am »
Piece-By-Piece Reply

The Nu boss in the Lost Sanctum: Past took quite a while for me to overcome too...

Same here. I managed to avoid dying, and eventually brought him down. Nu Master, when I finally fought him in my NewGame+, wasn't that hard. The only real hard part was getting Robo to FALCON PUNCH him.

...the Dream Devourer actually killed my party the first time I fought it.

Again, same here.

Like many others, I had both Lynx AND Harle in my party when I fought Miguel...

Harle I can understand, but unless you have the Relief Charm (I'm assuming you are NOT playing NewGame+), you can't NOT have Serge in the party (Lynx is still Serge, but the game calls him Lynx) at any time during a regular New Game, even during the Lynx-VS-Party Battle, since you will later discover that Serge and Lynx switched bodies.

If I remember correctly, I even tried to run away but instead of letting me recover and switch out my equipped characters Miguel said something about resisting Fate and re-engaged me!

Now that just sucks. You have my honest sympathy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:04:01 am by Shadow D. Darkman »