Author Topic: Magus: Humans didn't know what he looked like?  (Read 6447 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Magus: Humans didn't know what he looked like?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 05:00:50 am »
Maybe you're just not supposed to bring Magus there...It seems like Crono & Co. would have better sense than to bring him there anyways...>_>

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:57 am »
Hmm... that's true.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 01:25:33 pm »
Or maybe Queen Leene is braindead (we will retrieve the Rainbow Shell in honor of Sir Magus)

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 02:26:51 am »
or a whore. She does seem capable of having a fling with just about anyone, as one ending indicated.  *insert bad Harry Potter lemons (I'm assuming there are some) for bad puns between Leene and Magus*

It may be why she was still alive when Crono and Frog found her at the shrine, she wooed herself into Yakra's heart.  (Prepare yourself! in a sexy way >.>)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:28:44 am by Xenterex »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:48 am »
or a whore. She does seem capable of having a fling with just about anyone, as one ending indicated.  *insert bad Harry Potter lemons (I'm assuming there are some) for bad puns between Leene and Magus*

It may be why she was still alive when Crono and Frog found her at the shrine, she wooed herself into Yakra's heart.  (Prepare yourself! in a sexy way >.>)

(Quoted in entirety because it cannot be abridged properly)

o.O

WTF, dude?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 08:24:48 am »
I feel the didn't give Magus enough dialogue, until they added a new ending for him...
Even in the farewell scene of the ordinary ending, he doesn't say a word, that's strange.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 02:30:32 pm »
o.O

WTF, dude?

Jest made up almost on the premise from the ended where Leene marries Frog  (with the curse still intact) so that the future of Guardia consists of its people having amphibian qualities combined with a few lines between her and Yahka.  If I remember right from the 600 ad dialogues, the King picked the much younger Leene for his queen because of her beauty, or something to that extent.  There was dialogue relating to her choice by the King because she stood out, or it was unusual.  Plus, the genetic ties between Leene and Marle are pretty strong  (look like each other, and can relate to one another emotionally  *Leenes note on the shell*)  If  Marle has a flirt-provoke ability,  then Leene probably has double charm as her only single tech  >.>

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 02:56:06 pm »
Umm... OK, just saying Leene and her... ah, desires, are a bit off-topic, since we're talking about Magus and why no-one recognized him.

Back on topic, IMO they just didn't program the script to recognize him.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 05:49:36 pm »
 To once again quote Mortonhayle for kicks:

"Thank you your majesty," said Marle. "And Queen Leene too, of course!" Marle didn't seem bothered by it. Magus walked up to one of the guards and he looked him right in the eyes and the guard just said, "what a stroke of luck for you guys. Defeated Magus, huh?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he's standing right in front of you and he's going to eat your children. What the hell is wrong with you people?!!!!!!!

I ran out of the castle screaming, but no one seemed to care. Magus just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I guess they forgive people, REALLY quick in this country."

The subject of Leene honestly sounds a little like "Insert character here", so maybe they just didn't think to add Magus to the roster of characters until later on. So why does Epoch come after him in character registration? prior to including Magus, they just didn't think to give Epoch a customizable name.

...still, all of Guardia Castle and most of 600 AD are a little inexcusable. Is it possible that this is intentional?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:55:26 pm by Captain B »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:05 pm »
Yeah, I suppose that would explain it. Still, kind of sloppy that they didn't fix that up. It would be cool if you couldn't enter Guardia Castle with Magus in the party.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 05:57:57 pm »
...or more interesting if you could, but people would always be watching your party, nervously. And asking a lot of questions, but ultimately waving it all off because you did save them too.

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2008, 01:59:30 pm »
The thing about a statue though, its they generally embellish some features, not to mention they're also grey all over and not in color.  Granted, its still hard to not say "hey, its the guy with a cape and scythe"  Who knows, maybe that's why Fritz was getting the capitol punishment – he dressed up in a wig, a cape and was sifting wheat or whatever with a scythe.

Fritz: Boy, that grass sure is getting tall out there. I should grab my scythe and very innocently go mow it down. I better put on my my cape, too; it looks like a scorcher today. Aw, damn, did I accidentally use that blue hair dye on my head this morning instead of shampoo again? Well, I certainly hope this unfortunate turn of events has no future ramifications...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
(Fritz = Magus) = WTF?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 12:32:41 am »
Maybe Frog is more frightful than Magus.
What about Robo? They don't have robots in 600 A.D. IMO.
And Ayla? Her dressing might scare them too(or not, since you can change clothes, so she won't look like an ape with a club).

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 01:43:25 am »
 No, I'm quite sure Ayla was VEEEERY popular at the taverns. Besides, remember the old man you give the bromide to? "Hehehe my own pet Naga-ette!!" Imagine how that old guy reacts to someone like Ayla.