Author Topic: old ct us tv ad?  (Read 634 times)

neologix

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Gate Sealer
    • View Profile
    • ATOM - Apollolux Tabular Object Management system
old ct us tv ad?
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:06:38 pm »
first, does anyone here remember the us commercial for snes chrono trigger? there was some kind of quick montage (presumably of scenes from the game), overlaid by a numerical countdown (or count-up? i think it went to 13). there may or may not have been a male japanese voiceover during the montage. after the montage, japanese guy says very passionately "kurono toriga!!!!" followed by some japanese (i was 10 at the time, so i thought it sounded like gibberish) which was subtitled "cool" and i thought to myself "that's a lot of stuff to say just to mean 'cool.'"

second, has anyone ever FOUND it for DL or other means of online/offline viewing? youtube DOESN'T have it, or if they do it's a COMPLETELY different name. and no, i'm NOT talking abt the japanese ct snes commercial, which IS available on youtube.

i've seen this ad a grand total of 8 times and after i bought the game in '95 never saw it again. keep in mind, this ad was made during the time of the american commercial for ff6, with mog the moogle as some HR guy interviewing monsters to "hire" for the new final fantasy.

IStoleTheStars

• Iokan (+1)
  • Love's deeper & darker than the black seas of hell
    • View Profile
Re: old ct us tv ad?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:54:56 pm »
I remember the commercial you're talking about. I was around the same age at the time, but I still remember it. Even though I hadn't played Chrono Trigger (let alone heard of it. I was into Mario, Ninja turtles, Mega man and street fighter games at age 7), but I remember it giving me goosebumps.