Author Topic: If you browse the GameFAQs forums  (Read 3054 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
If you browse the GameFAQs forums
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:41:11 am »
Keep an eye on http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=950181. I'm sure it'll be flooded with activity, so it's a big opportunity to explain plot stuff and help new fans. Don't be afraid to cite materials from the Compendium. Participation on the old CT and CC boards really have had a tangible effect; almost everyone on those boards now knows the Entity is the planet, etc.

I'll be keeping track of it too, but I have to sleep.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: If you browse the GameFAQs forums
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 10:22:08 am »
I wish I could keep track of it too but GameFAQs is blocked on this laptop.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:03:20 am »
I wish I had something to say about CT:DS, but when I went to the local video game store when it opened at 10AM(it's now 11AM), the manager said CT:DS didn't come yet. :( He said it wasn't ordered for today's shipment(or something along those lines) and to come back tomorrow as it's on tomorrow shipment.  I checked other stores and they did not seem to have CT:DS also.  Now I don't know what to do today as I had planned to play CT:DS.  Anyone else have disappointment waiting at your local video game store?  *sob sob*

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 11:06:43 am »
I tried to keep track of it but it's pointless. Most people that come there are just videogame fans or RPG fans and don't cherish the Chrono series as most people here do. It's also flooded with random questions and already known information, so they're not really a reliable source either.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:50:07 pm »
Hehe... Seems like there are some people who have acquired CT:DS yesterday(although they could be liars since it is Gamefaqs forum) and some people got it today, as well as some who are still waiting for it to be able to buy it tomorrow, like myself.

I live on the Atlantic coast and have only heard that Pacific coast and Central got the game... Maybe Atlantic got the shitty end of the stick. :'(

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 01:20:21 pm »
Hehe... Seems like there are some people who have acquired CT:DS yesterday(although they could be liars since it is Gamefaqs forum) and some people got it today, as well as some who are still waiting for it to be able to buy it tomorrow, like myself.

I live on the Atlantic coast and have only heard that Pacific coast and Central got the game... Maybe Atlantic got the shitty end of the stick. :'(

If that's true I'm fucked. I live in NC.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:33:08 pm »
I called like an hour before my video game store closed... They still didn't get it. In fact the girl I was talking to on the phone seemed pretty pissed off about the delivery truck not showing up. lol Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:47:42 pm »
I called like an hour before my video game store closed... They still didn't get it. In fact the girl I was talking to on the phone seemed pretty pissed off about the delivery truck not showing up. lol Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

She was pissed? Hahahahaha! YES!!!

Kamiyu Bidan

• Iokan (+1)
  • CT2 on the way?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 12:51:42 am »
I tried to keep track of it but it's pointless. Most people that come there are just videogame fans or RPG fans and don't cherish the Chrono series as most people here do. It's also flooded with random questions and already known information, so they're not really a reliable source either.

i agree with this, not being selfish at all but they should just check the compendium, it's got eveything they need to know...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 11:07:11 am »

i agree with this, not being selfish at all but they should just check the compendium, it's got eveything they need to know...

That and we don't dish out bullsh** rumors and speculation. I also agree.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 12:26:55 pm »
Then perhaps we should venture over there and point 'em in the right direction. Topics like this have been answered here many times, all we got to do is link 'em over here.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:30 pm »
Yeah those kinda topics is what tires me actually.... It's all been discussed here ages ago already... All they gotta do is go Google and search some Chrono related stuff, and a link to the Compendium will pop up somewhere.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 12:37:15 pm »
Yeah, I here ya, and I personally have a hard time dealing with people who are brand new to the series and try to prod holes into it.

RevenantThings

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 01:37:49 am »
I'm the author of the sticky topic on the boards, so I'll put the Compendium in the next version of it (should be along not too long from now).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 02:54:27 am »
Thanks. Boy, if that's ever a change from the old CT board. They had a sympathetic mod there, so my FAQ sticky wasn't chosen; instead, one of the trolls posted basically a replica and it got stickied.