Author Topic: Is Guile an amnesiac post-CTDS Magus?  (Read 12634 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Is Guile an amnesiac post-CTDS Magus?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 07:06:42 pm »
No, in CT DS if you let Magus live Glenn stays a frog (but in the ending FMV he's still human), but there is this ending:

Beat Lavos after Crono's dead, but this time crash Epoch into Lavos.

You see everybody in the fair crowd, talk to them and they'll go to Lucca's Telepod, which has been modified to be a time machine. Everybody but Marle goes to search for Crono, and Marle takes a ride on balloons.

Both these endings will change slightly if you get the C. Trigger (very slightly), and if you saved Lara, she'll be standing, and if you kill Magus, he won't show up (obviously), but Frog will still be a frog...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 07:10:13 pm »
Something weird's going on here (haha, understatement of the century!). Future Magus does indeed acknowledge that our party in CT:DS may be from a separate dimension. However, he does not show the slightest hint of surprise upon running into these time travelers. This is completely circumstantial, but might indicate that Future Magus has, indeed, traveled with another universe's Crono & co.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:33 pm »
Could he be post dimension split in cross? Guile is missing his other dimension counterpart.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 07:27:07 pm »
Could he be post dimension split in cross? Guile is missing his other dimension counterpart.

Possible I think. But if it's true that he is from another dimension it's impossible to say where he truly came from.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:23 pm »
Also, the statement:

Quote from: Future Magus
There are as many worlds as there are potentialities.

...demonstrates Future Magus' solid knowledge of dimensional differences. This may not be the first time he's crossed dimensions. Or at least he understood the nature of an Angelus Errare before stepping into one and ending up in Time's Eclipse.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 08:50:26 pm »
New theory:

- Party "A" from Dimension "A" beats Lavos, and you get the normal DS ending.

- Party "B" from Dimension "B" is seeking to beat Lavos, but since Lavos resides in a pocket dimension (pocket dimension theory is only stronger now thanks to having different dimension characters in CT DS), he was already killed by party "A", creating the Time's Eclipse.

- This would mean that "Eclipse Magus" (let's use that name) could actually be the original one from party "A" (the one that defeated Lavos and went back to 12,000 BC), but not "B" (the one in your party at the ending, who never defeated Lavos), or he could be from unknown C, D or E dimensions...

This would mean that in CT DS you play as party "A" all the game, but after finishing the game, you control party "B". And I guess we could call New Game+ characters C, D, etc...

This would make some sense in having the ending show the characters defeat Lavos, split, and have Guardia fall, but after that show another party seeking to fight Lavos... it is indeed still an alternative ending, and what do you need for an alternative ending? that's right! an alternative party!

The Time's Eclipse doesn't  open until you finish the 3 dungeon things, right? Anyone has any idea on what's the relevance of these? I haven't played till there, not enough time ;_;
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:04:26 pm by radicalblues »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 09:00:51 pm »
I support that theory, and about those three areas, I don't know. Probably explored by party ''B'' too.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »
Nice little theory, but sorry, this is way too far fetched to hold any relevance.

We're going to have to until Squeenix lets us know in the form of another remake/sequel. It's pointless discussing it until then.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 09:14:09 pm »
I support that theory, and about those three areas, I don't know. Probably explored by party ''B'' too.

Yes yes, that's indeed the case. And do keep in mind that these distortions appeared after Lavos was killed by party "A", but it seems that the Time's Eclipse didn't quite appear until these distortions were all visited by party "B", from what I've read... is this correct? That's why I was pondering on the importance of the content of these distortions, all I've read is that Dalton is in one and the other one has shadowy clones of Crono, Lucca and Marle... mayhaps those "clones" hold certain relevance.

Ghosts of time maybe? Planet's Dreams? Just echoes or distortions themselves caused by Lavos' immense death? Did killing these ghosts caused the creation of Time's Eclipse, or was it already there? Many gameplay+story questions I still don't have clear 8)

Dark Serge: I know, but that hasn't stopped the Compendiumites to try it for years. :lee:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:16:03 pm by radicalblues »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »
And half the time they're correct.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 09:31:16 pm »
Aren't far fetched theories the staple of this place? :P
Whoa whoa, that's something of deep concern...I mean, even if Guile isn't Magus this should have been explained at least...it seems like Guile's connection to all this was interesting itself. I mean pre-CTDS his back story is extremely mysterious, in comparison to all the others'.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 09:36:08 pm »
I don't think anyone has killed magus and go to the new ending, so we don't know if there is any changes or not.

Also it seems pretty clear that Crono and co loses their memories about fighting the DD after failing to defeat it.

This is just an interesting topic.. my mind is really blown right now.

Whoa whoa, that's something of deep concern...I mean, even if Guile isn't Magus this should have been explained at least...it seems like Guile's connection to all this was interesting itself. I mean pre-CTDS his back story is extremely mysterious, in comparison to all the others'.

For all we know the home Guile could be in the main lands. but the game doesn't say.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:43 pm »

Future Magus can not be Home World's Guile, because Cross' ending nullifies the existence of two dimensions in the first place.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 09:52:19 pm »
So he could easily be post-dimension split, pre-dimensional repair. At the point in which the scene occurs the dimensions would have split just as the would.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »
The Time's Eclipse doesn't  open until you finish the 3 dungeon things, right?

That's correct, you must overcome the three Dimensional Vortices before you can take the bucket to Time's Eclipse. I think.