Author Topic: radical dreamers before or after CC  (Read 10112 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
radical dreamers before or after CC
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:11:24 am »
after reading the radical dreamers text on this site ( some one should organise it better not all of it made sense due to this ) i have come to believe that radical dreamers comes after CC because of this

(Long ago, in a far off kingdom, lived a girl. Because of her power, the kingdom
had come to an end, crumbling under its own weight. Many became engulfed in the
temporal vortex that was created, never to be heard from again...
...But not the girl. She lived on, enduring a much sadder fate... Running from
her past and fearing her future, she wanted nothing more than to be swallowed
up in the surging waves of the vortex of time...) it made me think this serge may be he one in CC afer he forgot everything and the kid from home world its obvious that magil is magus so if the kid in this wasent schala's clone kid why would magus join her plus in the mirror scene it talks about kid and a burning orphanige so it is the clone kid and in the end of the text in radical dreamers that i got here it says swallowed up in the surging waves of the vortex of time this i beleive is talking about the darkness beyond time (which cant be a pocket demension due to schala getting there frm a time gate) so it is the same timeline... well timelines so perhaps home world is the world where serge got transported and when u see kid on the boat she's in another world looking 4 serge or something and since serge and leena drifted apart in home world she does say this he left for the mainland and found kid though he forgot everything so it would be coincerdince and lo we have radical dreamers

this probally dident make much sense and is probally a result of too much coke hunger and need for sleep ill go over it later and post a revised slightly more sane version now for coke food and sleep.... ..... ... .... .... .... .... .... ..... .... .... ..... ..... .... ..... .....  ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .... ..... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ...... ..... ..... ..... .... ..... ... ..... ...... ...... Zzz  ..... ..... ... Zzz

mwahh i need sleep

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:18:28 pm »
Well...You're right about at least one thing...It didn't make a lot of sense at all...And, RD did come out like, just a year after Chrono Trigger...And really, it's kind of obvious that it was quickly put together, like most of the Sattelaview games...

I...Don't recall that ending text you give either...How did you get that one? Maybe I'm just fuzzy on it because I haven't done a regular ending in such a long time...

Also, a major factor in RD not being or having anything to do with CC's dimension is threefold:

1. Lynx. In RD, he's clearly some kind of power-hungry human more along the lines of General Viper than CC's Lynx. CC's Lynx is a half-cat person who was a fusion of Serge's father and Serge's worst fear at the time, all done by FATE.

2. The Frozen Flame. Two completely different looking things in both games.

3. The message in Chronopolis from RD's dimension. This pretty much makes the most for the case against your theory.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 11:49:54 pm »
I'm going to have to agree with V_Translanka on this one. Despite my best efforts--Lord knows I've tried--there is not real good way to tie RD in.

The best way to think of it, is as a blueprint for CC. Sort of a rough outline that was heavily expanded upon.

Frisko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 12:46:21 am »
As far as I was able to tell from playing Radical Dreamers it takes place in timelines (I say timelines because as in more then one because some of the sceanarios flat out counterdict one another [for instance in several of them Magil is or could be Magus, while in others he definatly couldn't be Magus]) paralell to Chrono Cross.  These timelines probly(sp?) split off when or before the Reptite Timeline split off.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 02:18:14 am »
the best possible explenations are that it is ether

1. just a blueprint for CC

2.it happens in a completly diferent couple of timelines

3. it ties in no where, its simply a game

(oh to see where i got the text look in the translation here and go down till you get to the second bit featuring linxand with the FF and chrono trigger its there kids says it) some one should organise that page by recreating the game using alot of links to bits in the text i.e the link on a choice takes you to the consequensis of that choice but that would probally take too long)