Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 139738 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:54 pm »
Simple.

Dalton is from a realm where magic flourishes. Crono and company (except for Ayla and Robo - and Magus who surpasses everyone's magic capability) have primitive magic while those at Zeal (including Dalton) had significantly advanced magic capability.

I bet it would be easy to trace where Crono and company came from as well... I mean Dalton did steal and fly the Epoch and he could have analyzed the controls and saw something regarding "Present Time 1000AD" and such. There are endless possibilities. The people of Zeal and those of the future timelines do not differ much. They walk the same, talk the same... it would be easy to blend in and probe individuals for information.

I am still holding on to this idea that Dalton is the cause to Guardia's downfall, especially after discovering and making off with the Masamune (for what purpose remains unknown - only to end up on a cliff on the Isle of the Damned). I also believe Dalton will return as the main enemy in the next official Chrono game. I have already written a synopsis and summary of what the story will be about.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2008, 09:07:17 pm »
Well, I meant as in before CT:DS came and we had the Dimensional Distortions to have a way to bring Dalton to the present.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2008, 12:10:52 am »
Magus told them a lot about them as the prophet, probably. At least that they came from the modern age. Guardia being the only kingdom there, it wouldn't be hard for Dalton to figure out.

Hmm... This actually is the best explanation for how Dalton knows at least about Porre. Whether he knows about Guardia itself or not remains to be seen.

On a side note, does anyone know if that Gate he made at the end of the Epoch battle sent him to that TD or if he found himself there after wandering the other side of that Gate?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2008, 12:44:34 am »
Magus told them a lot about them as the prophet, probably. At least that they came from the modern age. Guardia being the only kingdom there, it wouldn't be hard for Dalton to figure out.

Hmm... This actually is the best explanation for how Dalton knows at least about Porre. Whether he knows about Guardia itself or not remains to be seen.

On a side note, does anyone know if that Gate he made at the end of the Epoch battle sent him to that TD or if he found himself there after wandering the other side of that Gate?

Another thing is about how he knew 1,000 A.D. was the correct time. Magus didn't knew they came from that year, and if he didn't knew, much less Dalton would.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2008, 09:05:39 pm »
Another thing is about how he knew 1,000 A.D. was the correct time. Magus didn't knew they came from that year, and if he didn't knew, much less Dalton would.

Actually, I think Magus had some sort of insight in this regard.  At the opening of Magus' castle each character is presented with Mystics portraying characters that are close to them.  While the spell they used could simply be some sort of 'mirror' that changes how the disguise looks to each person without knowing themselves what they looked like, I don't think thats the case.

The people of Zeal could see auras, which are particular to each person.  While they don't elaborate on these auras at all, (least to my knowledge) there is are several instances of connections between magic and how it ties to a persons identity. So between spekkio's comments, norstien bekker, Magus' castle, the Zeal aura being mentioned, and maybe even the clones/displays in the Black Omen, I'm pretty sure that magic can be used to tell things about people, though I can only speculate how extensive it can be.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2008, 11:20:34 pm »
No offense but that seems like running through a tunnel with no light at the end. Now my question is do we even know that Dalton was intending on going to 1000AD couldn't he have gone there by chance? His motive for joining Porre didn't have to be revenge, he could have just ended up in Porre and decided to take advantage of them to rule the world. But that could be another dead end as well.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2008, 12:18:34 am »
But that could be another dead end as well.

It is. He says after the DV fight that he intends to raise a PORREAN army to defeat them. Unless that was an intentional fuck-up in the script in order to confirm Dalton as the one who helped Porre conquer Guardia, and then the question will be raised: "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?!?!?" b/c a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2008, 12:25:30 am »
It's not impossible that he can enter and leave the Vortex, maybe he already took a look around 1000 AD

Kronopolis

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2008, 02:07:27 pm »
Just finished the game, the ending was not satisfying, I hurriedly go this site to read documents and such, also I'm surprised to find the analysis of rise of porre was exactly as presented in this DS version. I think it's time to re-read the old documents :shock:

also, it's just my quick analysis about lost sanctum, perhaps it was brought to explain the presence of dimensional split in CC? We knew there is Dragonopolis in CC (or something like that, made by reptite). If all story in lost sanctum are canon, we might as well say Chrono and his friends contribute the time crash in CC because they helped the reptite to survive.

For dimensional vortex... maybe this one serves as bridge from CT to CC, since CC talking parallel world, not about time. Maybe dimensional vortex will trigger even worse complication than just intermingled world, we never know. Oh also, the entity that was always spoken by the party, could we say it's FATE? (though I'm pretty sure there would be countless theories about this, whether it's Schala, FATE, or maybe just 4th window, since the entity is the player themselves)

also, it's kinda interesting to note that the rise of porre is not shown in the normal ending (which often considered canon, where Chrono marries Marle). But it does appear in the new ending. I think two possibilities:

1. The party can't beat DD, but able to save the future, though Chrono doesnt marry Marle, they live simply as it is, Chrono is not made heir of Guardia. and finally, rise of Porre.
2. The party can't beat DD, they forget the Time Eclipse, and beating the 1999 AD lavos as usual, married, and the event in CC is not happening (and might say this ending is not canonical at all)

I'm always thinking whether Chrono become a royal lineage or not, it's kinda confusing why people possessing super duper awesome magic that could defeat destroyer of the world could be beaten so easily by military power. Maybe we could say, they lost their magic power after beating Lavos?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:33:29 pm by Kronopolis »

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2008, 02:25:08 pm »
It's not impossible that he can enter and leave the Vortex, maybe he already took a look around 1000 AD

If that were true he could have done a lot more, unless he were to stupid to think of anything.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2008, 03:22:54 pm »
Or he went to scout it out to see what he needed to do?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2008, 03:27:50 pm »

If that were true he could have done a lot more, unless he were to stupid to think of anything.

We have no idea what happened to him after he fell into that portal. He could have been lost for days, only recently finding his way, and then sensing the presence of the three that had humiliated him so many times, so he went to try and kill them again, but naturally failed, etc etc so he raises an army and kills off their kingdom instead

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2008, 03:28:03 pm »
Oh also, the entity that was always spoken by the party, could we say it's FATE? (though I'm pretty sure there would be countless theories about this, whether it's Schala, FATE, or maybe just 4th window, since the entity is the player themselves)

It's impossible for FATE to be the Entity. FATE was created long after CT, in 2400 A.D. of the future that was created when the Day Of Lavos was prevented. As for Schala, or the player... *thinks* ...those are possible.

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2008, 03:49:29 pm »
Oh also, the entity that was always spoken by the party, could we say it's FATE? (though I'm pretty sure there would be countless theories about this, whether it's Schala, FATE, or maybe just 4th window, since the entity is the player themselves)

It's impossible for FATE to be the Entity. FATE was created long after CT, in 2400 A.D. of the future that was created when the Day Of Lavos was prevented. As for Schala, or the player... *thinks* ...those are possible.

Its supposed to be the planet.  Japanese version and new translations heavily support it - plus Masato Kato supports it and that pretty much seals the deal lol

But I guess I'll be that guy - lets say Lavos is the entity.  It completed its lifecycle sometime around 2300AD and is now having "flashbacks" of important moments in its life.

65000000BC  it lands on earth
12000BC connection with Queen Zeal, Ocean Palace incident, destruction of Zeal Kingdom
600AD summoned by Magus
1000AD not sure, the earthquakes? maybe it reached the pinnacle of its evolution, who knows.
1999AD arises, destroys the world and such
2300AD has given birth and is slowly dying

Now before you say "but wouldn't he see Crono and Co. try to defeat him and blah blah" nope because those events haven't happened in "real time" yet.  yay 5D construct. 

I'm not serious at all but I am pointing out that its good we have Kato's input because sometimes speculation can take us in the wrong direction.   :D

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »

Its supposed to be the planet.  Japanese version and new translations heavily support it - plus Masato Kato supports it and that pretty much seals the deal lol

Thank you! I also support the Planet-Is-The-Entity Theory.