Author Topic: need sprites  (Read 2113 times)

saridon

need sprites
« on: February 13, 2005, 12:09:48 am »
hi im in the begining stages of creating a fangame right now im looking for sprites im using a mac at the moment so i cant use something to hack the rom and get the sprites i need (><) i only need battle ones eg. attaking,spell/tech,criticals,getting hit,etc you get the idea could you plz give me a link to them in jpg or gif format oa post them here plz and could someone tell me a good program for making fan games for pc and some ideas for Kid,Serge and schala would be nice

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 02:50:06 am »
and some techs/spells for Serge,Kid and schala would be a help

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 04:27:04 am »
and could someone make a good picture of schala i can use in the status window (in chrono trigger style) i lokked on google but there were none
(T T) if someone could it would be a huge help in getting this fan game started

DivineDragoonKain

need sprites
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 02:36:25 pm »
Such a sprite rip would take quite a while, ya know. I've already gone frame-by-frame through 1/3 of just Crono's sprites/animations, and it's not very fun. ^_^

And no, I didn't rip those sprites. I just documented their offsets in a topic here.

Anonymous

need sprites
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 04:49:08 pm »
There's a CT graphics library cart that lets you scroll through all character and monster animation frames, and it's available in ROM form on various shady corners of the internet.  Wouldn't it be fairly easy just to take a bunch of screenshots from that in an emulator and isolate the sprites in a paint program?

Anonymous

need sprites
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 01:46:36 am »
it might be easier 4 me to get a hacker program but im collecting sprites on my mac the pc isnt mine >< ive got almost all the main sprites i need e.g the party but i oly need ones from in battle ive got kids sprites walking only same with schala ill edit crono's or toma's 4 serge and i got walking nd other spirites laughter etc i can edit to make the running sprites and alot of kids schala will be a pain though enimes im not worrying about yet
so once i get battle ones im fine cronos especilally i need same with the other chars that move nore when attacking serges ill base of crono and kids base her pose of aylas add the knife and go from their but the batle atacking ones are the only ones and some tech ones that i cannt find anywhere and this damn mac cant handle png files so ill have to redo some so if i get them itl shave tons of time of making this gamesinc i wont have to use the pc to get sprites as well anyways im really good at writing so the story line will be good ^ ^

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 01:49:01 am »
lol forgot to log in

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 05:21:36 am »
quick note plz do not suggest to me to do rom hacking for the sprites i need here are my reasons

1. im useing a MAC (T T)
2. the pc i can use  cant use very often so it would increase the time it takes to et this game started by a bit
3.if some one loads all the sprites or most of them whenever some one creates a fan game they've got a place were all importent sprites are avalible
4.i alreadyhave toedit some sprites or photo shop them out of screen shots this is very tedios and takes a while depending on how many u need
5.i've got to make some for kid and schala serges ive got to make pretty much from scratch

so ive got to do alot of editing and creating sprites already it would be a pain to have to anymore more than i have to

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 01:31:18 pm »
This website has sprites from many CT characters and monsters, although it's probably not complete : http://www.videogamesprites.net/ChronoTrigger/

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
need sprites
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 04:54:55 pm »
Seriously just google it. Whenever I needed sprites I just did that and I haven't been failed once.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 10:26:09 pm »
There are complete sprite rips for all the main characters and many of the enemies available online.

Keep in mind, each playable character has about 260 sprites.

The best way to rip these yourself is with the Chrono Trigger Character Library.  If you need help getting it, PM me.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 01:11:16 am »
yeah  i got basicly all my sprites frm that page u suggested chrono'99 and CTcronoboy i found that page while looking 4 sprites on google images
GrayLensman a found that program before and it was4 pc >< so damn

im using a MAC here people the programs which can be used 4 hacking CT roms are all for pc i havent found a mac on ever

and if anyone here can draw really well and is a good sprit artist can they make me a menu pic of schala in CT style ive got ones of kid and serge (though their in CC style >< but their still good)

im working on editing sprites for schala,serge and kid so ive got alots on my hands already i only need a few sprites so if some on could photshop em it would help as for their emotion sprites im creating some of those for every char not just serge,schala and kid if some one could get those few battle sprites i need (i.e the battle only sprites casting luminare some othe casting ones and their tech ones(which i dont need all of)as well as atacking ones

besides if u posted them on this site it would be easy for anyone to access sprites if they are makeing a fan game

PLZ ive got to make enough new emotion/tech/attacking/misc sprites as it is without having to make or photoshop alot of the old ones><

(T T) mwahh stupid mac (T T)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 03:28:55 am »
if someone wants me to post part of the game story line here ill do so
there wont be any spoilers... well major ones

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
need sprites
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 08:39:23 am »
i just need to say i REALLY need a menu pic of schala in CT stlye i.e box size picture style so could someone PLZ make me or point me to one and i want schala to look more like and adult in the one on google she looks like a teenager so could someone PLZ make one plz plz plz plz plz plz

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
need sprites
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 08:58:37 pm »
Just find the picture Toriyama drew of Schala (shouldn't be hard to find) and format it proper. Crop away everything but her face, and scale the image to whatever resolution you need.