Author Topic: CTDS New Ending =o  (Read 14832 times)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: CTDS New Ending =o
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 03:47:29 pm »
I'd expect us to see the creation of the Time Devourer as well, but Gaspar isn't directly stating that they'll be witnessing a creature: he's stating that the party needs to prepare themselves for the possibility of fighting a creature like Lavos.

Why we need to assume it's not the Prophet? I don't know why Magus would have thrown his hood back on, but I doubt it's not him.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 05:32:01 pm »
Oh snap, I hadn't considered the full implications of the fact that he's seen wearing a hood after the Zeal episode ended. I read somewhere on GameFAQs that it might be a double -- perhaps Magus from when he was still posing as the Prophet.

Could the Prophet, in an alternate dimension, have stumbled into the Dimensional Vortex and crossed paths with Crono & Co. while they were in the Vortex? But the resulting situation is far too intricate a plot point to pull off during a short mini-episode, so I doubt this is the case.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 08:10:54 am »
Yeah, there's talk of a new boss...could the Dimensional Vortex lead to the Devourer of Time...? Maybe it'll let you do what Serge does in Cross only in an easier, less round-about way...Although then they'd have to get around not using the Chrono Cross, huh...never mind I guess...

Maybe they are meant to lose.  Maybe this shows what has happened to Crono and crew...being devoured by the TD.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 08:50:02 am »
My real money (intranet buxxx)'s on we're putting waaaaaaaaaaay too heavy expectations on this "new ending"...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:41 am »
Yeah, there's talk of a new boss...could the Dimensional Vortex lead to the Devourer of Time...? Maybe it'll let you do what Serge does in Cross only in an easier, less round-about way...Although then they'd have to get around not using the Chrono Cross, huh...never mind I guess...

Maybe they are meant to lose.  Maybe this shows what has happened to Crono and crew...being devoured by the TD.

I hope to god they don't mess up the canon like that

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 04:47:24 pm »
I'd hope that after 13 years of deliberation, the fellas developing this port would provide some great story in their ending, solely to appease the fans. Maybe we are speculating too much...hopefully it won't make the ending a letdown.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 07:02:34 pm »
Like said though, since it's going to be a ending using New Game+, it's probably just going to be another non-canon thing...maybe lots of fun, but probably not too impactful on the actual story...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 12:36:58 pm »
Like said though, since it's going to be a ending using New Game+, it's probably just going to be another non-canon thing...maybe lots of fun, but probably not too impactful on the actual story...

If it's something to do with the TD, I hope not.... Chrono & co are not supposed to know about that :-/

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 05:58:36 am »
I am probably alone in hoping that the new ending removes the CC storyline from Canon, and make room for a new sequel. Even if that doesn't happen, i still hope it will lead to a much better ending then the fall of guardia scene.

Cause that's really not a scene you want to put at the end of a game, if you're trying to get new people interested in the franchise. Especially if a sequel explaining it will never be made.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 12:01:35 pm »
I agree that it's not a good move to include the downfall if you're not gonna explain it, but it's a helluva way to end the game--it really got a lot of players thinking and theorizing. I mean, it's left the possibility of a sequel open this long...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 01:09:30 pm »
Has anyone considered that the ending may be setting us up for another Chrono game...?  Not even in an obvious manner, but throwing a bit information that will eventually form another Chrono game.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 01:31:45 pm »
I am probably alone in hoping that the new ending removes the CC storyline from Canon, and make room for a new sequel. Even if that doesn't happen, i still hope it will lead to a much better ending then the fall of guardia scene.

Cause that's really not a scene you want to put at the end of a game, if you're trying to get new people interested in the franchise. Especially if a sequel explaining it will never be made.

Yes, yes you are. Have you even played CC?

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 01:38:37 pm »
Has anyone considered that the ending may be setting us up for another Chrono game...?  Not even in an obvious manner, but throwing a bit information that will eventually form another Chrono game.
I've definitely thought this and I expect that if they're going to add a new sequel to the series, this will be the best platform to set it up.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 01:43:10 pm »
I've definitely thought this and I expect that if they're going to add a new sequel to the series, this will be the best platform to set it up.

I have a hunch the number of CTDS copies sold will decide that...

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 02:37:50 pm »
I have played and finished CC. Didn't like it for the sole reason it doesn't explain jack about the fall of guardia, which was my main reason for playing CC. They've left that open for a true sequel, one we are never going to see.

I've had discussions about the fall, and about what happened to crono and marle on these boards before. No real evidence is ever provided if they are either dead, alive, or kidnapped by aliens. I'm hoping this new ending will fix that somehow.

New insights on the fall of guardia would be nice, and some evidence pointing out that crono and marle are still alive would definately be a plus. I'm hoping the fall of guardia doesn't happen anymore, which probably erases CC from canon as well. I can live with that.

New Chrono game would be nice, but i don't see it happening. I'd rather see them clear up the fall of guardia events and go back to making final fantasy(not that those games have lived up to the hype lately).