Author Topic: Strange Boss Battle at the bottom of Mt Woe, "Break the Seal"  (Read 2160 times)

4th Triforce piece

Re: Strange Boss Battle at the bottom of Mt Woe, "Break the Seal"
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:10:40 am »
Is other mud imps the same way or just that one in particular?  I still think it's weired.  Just cause I point a flaw out doesn't mean I hate the battle.  kay?   It just means I've noticed something that seems worthy of attention.   

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 03:42:01 pm »
As far as I know there are no more Mud Imps in the rest of the game. He's a boss for sure.

Just wait 'till you get to Giga Gaia. I sure hope you have Crono's Confuse attack. It helped me a bunch on Giga Gaia.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:27 pm »
Yup, there's always that...and, according to translation, it is the two monsters' trainer.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 05:45:12 pm »
Mud Imp does run away and he is the only one of his kind.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 12:13:54 am »
It was my least favorite battle of the game, but still, it's not that hard. Listen to these people, they give good advice.

Don't complain about it. That's my opinion. If you complain about a part of a game being "unfair", then you need to be more flexible as a gamer.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 05:34:08 pm »
That's true. However, there are terribly hard parts of other games that I do believe are completely unfair, but there are some ways to make it easier usually.

[spoiler]Like the final boss battle in Xenogears where you can fight the last boss's parts individually to kill its HP and MP and attack patterns.[/spoiler]

But Miguel in CC.... God that battle is unfair.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 09:40:38 pm »
HOLYDRAGSWD

OH MY GOD

KEEEEEEELLLL

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 05:26:09 pm »
Ah, the mud imp.  I remember my first time through the game he was one of the tough ones (and then I was trounced by Big Doublez G).  Of course, I was something like 9 then, and video games as a whole felt harder.  Now I have no trouble in Chrono Trigger, though I wouldn't mind trying a low level run once the DS version comes out.  i just feel so weak running from battles...

Anyways... you know what game is still pretty hard?  Ff4.  I've been playing through the DS version, and the last dungeon is hellish.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 10:15:31 pm »
It's a lot harder in the DS version, imo.

I think that the switch to isometric from top-down actually made a lot of the dungeons a lot bigger in FF4 and they didn't really roll back the encounter rate. It really helps to finish the Namingway quest and get the Safe Travel augment. I always throw that on Edge and replace his Ninja command. With Rydia casting a lot higher level magic I use him as a straight support character. He uses healing items and steals, and will throw an attack in every now and then.

I end up fighting both Mind and Breath once, and run away the rest of the time. It comes in handy to have the Exit spell at the ready during the last dungeon.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:14 pm »
Yeah, one thing's been sadly true in all iterations of the game... and that is that Edge kinda sucks.  Throw isn't too bad, but none of his abilities are particularly useful.  The one thing he's good at is speed.  I equipped him with focus.  Within one or two enemy attacks he can be fully charged and do some massive damage.  Even so, Cecil does about the same damage with one attack, so...

I did the namingway quest up to the rainbow soup (or whatever it was).  I had no idea where to even begin looking for THAT.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 04:37:18 pm »
Your best bet to find rainbow pudding is to just go into the Antlion's den and be prepared to fight TOOOOONS of the jelly enemies there. You have to get it from the flan creatures there. Like every species of that creature has Rainbow Pudding as a rare drop, but it's going to take a while to get it. If only you could equip Magic Find gear like in Diablo lol. But alas, just fight a bunch of them. The Safe Travel augment is DEFINITELY worth all of that. Especially in the damned Sealed Cave. The only fights that give any kind of decent experience in that place are the trap doors, of which there are many.