Author Topic: Virtual Console Updates  (Read 1248 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Virtual Console Updates
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:33:13 pm »
The latest one I have just witnessed was so awesome I had to say something about it. Megaman 9, Vectorman?!!! For a split second I was actually begining to think they also had to have added Chrono Trigger. Sadly this still has yet to happen, but still those two games are must haves.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Virtual Console Updates
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:12:35 am »
Why would you think that...? Chrono Trigger is Square's...and they're releasing an enhanced port in a couple months...why would they all of a sudden port it to the VC? It's not gonna happen. Be lucky there are any Square games even on PSN...I'm really surprised they did Xenogears...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:18:26 pm »
I'm just saying that I love Vectorman a lot and Megaman 9 looks incredible, both at the same time. It had me thinking if such excellent games were all released at the same time there is a chance that CT also graced the Virtual Console. Buuuut, that wasn't the case.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:04:27 pm »
I still don't know how wowed I am by Capcom giving us the ROM hack that is Megaman 9. It seems like some kind of oldschool placating while they pump out a new game as cheaply as possible...It's like a big name film company suddenly putting out a low-budget movie just for the novelty of it...Not that it can't be good...but why? Maybe I can't get over the fact that the answer will always be because they can make more money than they put in it...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
Well, I'm trying it tonight, and from what I've heard from almost everyone I know in person and online, it's a good game.
I'm thinking moreso the reason is that with a lot of the recent Megaman games being unpopular with almost everyone(which I find odd because I have loved a lot of them), people keep talking about "Why can't games just go back to the way they used to be?" and I've also heard a lot of "Video games nowadays, specially on the Wii, are made for a bunch of nose picking Wiitards who can't play for crap. Too afraid of a challenge." So, Capcom decided "You REALLY want old and challenging? Alright, whatever." And Megaman 9. Not to mention doing it 8 bit is 100% guarenteed to instantly get massive attention since everything is 3D nowadays and even the 2D stuff is still attempted to be made 3D somehow(Super Paper Mario, Megaman Powered Up, etc.) So why not shock people? Plus, people will be at this for awhile considering Mega's always been difficult and so that should keep players busy for a bit. Of course you know there's going to be those hardcore Megaman fans who beat it already.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:10:17 pm »
Hmm games from the VC that I have are: Shinning Force, GoldenAxe, Sonic 3, Bomberman '93, Super Mario World, Kirby Dreamland, LOZ:OOT, Papermario.

Nothing else looked to good, that I don't already own.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 01:59:39 pm »
I only have Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG from the Virtual Console. I've barely played Paper Mario and I've just gotten Geno in SMRPG. Saving them until I'm done with FFIVDS and FFV Advance at least.

As for Rockman 9... Looks fun as hell, want want~. :3

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:08:43 pm »
Mega Man 9 is a great game, its tough but once you get used to playing 8-Bit again its definitely not impossible.

I'm on Wily's Castle at the moment, but can't get past stage 1 quite yet. Didn't stock up on E-Tanks and the sort so I end up running out of steam by the time I reach the boss. And there are a lot of places where a simple mistake means certain doom lol.

I still don't know how wowed I am by Capcom giving us the ROM hack that is Megaman 9. It seems like some kind of oldschool placating while they pump out a new game as cheaply as possible...It's like a big name film company suddenly putting out a low-budget movie just for the novelty of it...Not that it can't be good...but why? Maybe I can't get over the fact that the answer will always be because they can make more money than they put in it...

It only costs 10 bucks, but there is some downloadable content that when added all together comes to like 18 bucks I believe. So they probably are making a bit of profit, but it's not like there the first ones to do that lol.

I'll probably at least download Protoman just to see how he plays.
Who hasn't wanted to play as him since day 1?

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 08:59:01 pm »
The game I most want to see show up on the Virtual Console, since it was already officially translated into English (just not released in the US), is Terranigma.

The Virtual Console games I currently have are:
Dynastic Hero, New Adventure Island, Punch-Out!!, Sin & Punishment, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Super Mario Bros, and Super Metroid (although I do intend to soon get Super Dodge Ball, Super Mario RPG, and Ys Book I & II)

The WiiWare games I currently have are:
Megaman 9, Strong Bad Episode 1, and Strong Bad Episode 2