Poll

If you had to eliminate a single partner from your party who would it be?

Crono
2 (3.8%)
Marle
12 (22.6%)
Lucca
7 (13.2%)
Frog
4 (7.5%)
Robo
5 (9.4%)
Ayla
14 (26.4%)
Magus
9 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: If you had to...  (Read 12077 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: If you had to...
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 07:41:27 pm »
No, they kept the name.
Wish they'd keep Arc Impulse.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 07:49:33 pm »
I know. Frost Arc is BS IMO.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2008, 09:29:31 pm »
Well, I voted Robo. He does have some pretty hilarious moments, and he is the one that started that whole Entity discussion, but he just isn't as appealing as the rest of the characters.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why Ayla, Marle and Magus have so many votes.
I was five when this game came out. Ayla seemed like the best mother figure in the group, especially after her talk with Marle over the rainbow shell.
As for Marle, RPGs just seem wrong to me without a good supporting caster. Storywise she's loud, forceful, not afraid to help anyone and everyone, and she grows a lot over the course of the game. Add to that the fact that she seems to instigate a lot of the pivotal moments in the game, and you get a character who's too important to whack off.
And as for Magus, well, he seems pretty obvious to me. He is The Magus. He duped the Mystics since childhood and managed to get a psuedo-religion built around him. He made Glenn into the hero the world needed (face it, Glenn would still be a marshmallow if it weren't for the loss of Cyrus). And after the party spent so long trying to kill Magus, he still offers up information to revive Crono. Besides, if you don't take the time to grind to level ** and farm tabs, Magus dishes out more damage than anyone at 2000+ per monster per attack. No faster way to beat the game than popping on a Gold Stud and Dark Mattering your way through the Black Omen.

Vagrant

• Iokan (+1)
  • rocket surgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:50 am »
After their roles in the story are complete, Frog, Ayla and Magus are all fairly expendable.
The original three should definitely stay. Robo's sensors and scientific ability make him pretty useful. The rest are just sort of there.

And I'd probably want to keep Ayla around because she's part of my ultimate fighting teeeeam.

I only used Magus when Crono was deaded, and I like Frog more...So I think I'll vote Magus.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2009, 05:59:56 pm »
Magus- he's boring with his lack of Dual-techs.

But as fun and challenging as it is killing him with Glenn alone at North Cape, it doesn't make sense and doesn't suit Glenn's character either. 

On second thought, Crono is also a bit boring, seeing as he doesn't talk.  He's however been too firmly engraved in my heard as a central Avatar of the Chrono-series.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 10:01:25 pm »
I chose Lucca.  I never use her so....

Frog vs. Magus one on one is the only way to do that battle, if you're silly enough to do such a thing.

But yeah that battle is pretty epic.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »
I like what they're doing in Kajar with Glenn at Magus' death in the Schala hack. Where he finds that the joy he was chasing in killing Magus wasn't there to begin with.

The Other Promise from Kingdom Hearts 2 comes to mind.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2009, 12:16:33 am »
I chose to kill Ayla, As I used her all of once in the whole game. Well, twice if you count the time she's forced upon you. Although if you kill Ayla, it's entirely possible half of the Charecters would disapeer from existense, so... I like Marle, simply because Crono likes her, and Crono is cool. Without Marle, we have an Angsty Crono, and Final Fantasy did that so many times I hate angst. Like Teaflower said.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:48 am »
Angst sucks. 'Nuff said.

People think Marle's all that bad, and Crono's only liking her out of pity. I say she has a good head on her shoulders, and that she and Crono made a good king and queen during their reign (assuming they reigned at all).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2009, 12:29:13 am »
I chose to kill Ayla, As I used her all of once in the whole game. Well, twice if you count the time she's forced upon you. Although if you kill Ayla, it's entirely possible half of the Charecters would disapeer from existense, so... I like Marle, simply because Crono likes her, and Crono is cool. Without Marle, we have an Angsty Crono, and Final Fantasy did that so many times I hate angst. Like Teaflower said.

If you get rid of Ayla, who's gonna Charm stuff from people? And w/o Marle, Lucca'd finally get her time to shine! :lol:

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2009, 12:31:24 am »
CT is so easy I don't NEED To charm stuff from people. If this was following common Sense, the party would just kill the enemy and take the item that would of been charmed, anyways.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2009, 12:48:38 am »
Need=/=fun! LLG practically require it, too! And too bad your common sense doesn't apply to magic worlds and disappearing monster bodies...:lol:

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:49 am »
I always did wonder about that disappearing body thing. At least it makes sense with Magus' spells (best example; Cyrus catching on fire!)
You 'kill' Slash and Flea once in Magus' castle and they disappear, just like any other monster. Yet you face them later in Ozzie's Fort and they disappear, this time (supposedly) for good. Course, the main characters never disappear when they die. Discrimination, I tell you!

And I still think it sucks that Magus has so many votes here. Without him, there'd hardly be any story!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2009, 01:01:16 am »
Need=/=fun!

QFT.

Quote from: Both my mom's and my own standing on Spoilers
Presence of Spoilers =/= No point in playing/reading

Also QFT, while at it.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2009, 01:43:20 am »
Quote from: Both my mom's and my own standing on Spoilers
Presence of Spoilers =/= No point in playing/reading

Also QFT, while at it.
Spoilers don't mean no point in playing, but it does take away a lot of the fun and magic in playing a new game. It ruins the suspense and suspension of disbelief. Some stories are just meant to be told in a certain sequence. Take the story out of sequence, and it just isn't as fun.