Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 195413 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1185 on: August 19, 2009, 07:44:00 pm »
Learn all of the abilities with every character would take away from their individuality. They already learn almost every ability. The ones they don't are those that fit their 'class'. I don't need a White Mage with Knight abilities. Besides, by endgame each person has at least one attack capable of 9999 damage.

Zidane being similar to Locke is so over said because so many people recognized it & because when you play VI it's easy to fall in love with Locke because he's got arguably the most touching story (Rachel & Phoenix) in the series.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 19, 2009, 08:43:25 pm »
Just beat KOTOR after it was recommended by somebody here and I've gotta say it was an awesome rpg. Despite the fact that I played it on the 360 and it was plagued with (very often) almost infuriating bugs/glitches, I still was addicted to it for most of the past month or so. Is the sequel just as good?

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »
All those games are great, but I don't like action RPG style games. KOTOR reminds me of Fable, which actually is funny cuz that guy who makes it is ultra annoying. Why because he just said that Fable III will have a deep and epic story. Why does that grind my gears (thats right, thats how angry I am. better stop me before I give him the dickens), because he thinks that Fable's appeal is the story. It isn't KOTOR didn't have that great a story either, but better than Fable. Why doesn't he just make the good or evil system better?

On another note, FFIX had my favorite of the FF stories. Zidane is my favorite FF character. Also Zidane was suppose to be similar to Locke, and I liked the Garnet/Zidane thing better than Locke/Rachel/Celes thing. I do think that VI is the best in the series though.

On an another great game note, did anyone play The World Ends You? I just beat it and WOW! Great story, music(usually not a fan of hiphop), characters, and gameplay.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »
KOTOR II suffers from being rushed to market. It's a little buggier, and the plot doesn't come together as nicely as it should have. It's not a bad game, but the observant can see some of the signs of it not being a completely finished product.

TWEWY is one of the few RPGs that I've been motivated to complete more than once. Dunno if that means anything to any of you, but, hey.  :D

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 20, 2009, 03:21:46 am »
Haha I knew you'd like KOTOR! I recommend the Second as well, as meny people say there are signs of it being rushed(bugs, cut quests, few new powers/feats) but that does little to detract from the game. I never found the story lacking as many people say. Still few games with ever create some one as amazing as Revan.

Planescape: Torment and the original two Fallout games are my other recommendations, too everyone.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:52 am »
GH5...

...has PLUG IN BABY on it! WHOOO!

TOTALLY WANT IT! =D

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 20, 2009, 04:23:01 am »
The Problem with Muse is they always remind me of their song Supermassive Black Hole. The song sounds like it should be played as some pedophile in a banana hammock goes strutting his stuff down a urban street.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 20, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »
The Problem with Muse is they always remind me of their song Supermassive Black Hole. The song sounds like it should be played as some pedophile in a banana hammock goes strutting his stuff down a urban street.

hehehe banana hammock :lol:

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1193 on: August 20, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »
Dissidia US version got leaked! :o Just saying.

TWEWY is one of the few RPGs that I've been motivated to complete more than once. Dunno if that means anything to any of you, but, hey.  :D

I know what you mean, I love TWEwY. Wish they'd make a sequel.

God I gotta go find the soundtrack again, it's awesome...

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 20, 2009, 06:02:03 pm »
For what it's worth, I never played the first fable but the second one.  I thought it was sweet.  Nice and easy and to the point, with a decent amount of neato shit to do, minus a ton of bugs.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1195 on: August 20, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »
Holy crap, there's a dolphin tribe in Suikoden Tierkreis~!! So cuuuuuuuuuute! :lol: Breath of Fire, watch your back!

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 21, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »
I lost Jordan, again... but this time, closer to finishing than ever before,

at 60%, and just a few NOTES shy of finishing "Guitar Solo C" (which is the second of the 2 ubersolos, meaning beat C, beat song)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 21, 2009, 04:40:25 pm »

Well, at least you got through it by the skin of your teeth. I can't get past it to save my life.

Personally, I don't care that much about those kids who can get 98% on expert blindfolded upside-down while eating a muffin in December.  It just means that that's their 15 minutes of fame. 

I just wanna play these games, not be a show-off on YouTube or whatever.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1198 on: August 21, 2009, 05:05:13 pm »
On an another great game note, did anyone play The World Ends You? I just beat it and WOW! Great story, music(usually not a fan of hiphop), characters, and gameplay.

QTF. Probably the best game I've played for a while. Kind of was hard to find, though.

I think I officially got sick of Pokemon after god knows how many hours... 150 maybe? Anyway, I've been trying some things out to see what next game I'll play. Either continue Phantom Hourglass, FF Tactics DS, Super Mario 64 DS (I never beat it on the 64) or a combination of the 3. I usually like to take games one at a time, though. We'll see how long tactics DS manages to keep my attention. Hopefully it won't get too hard. I'm disappointed I can't seem to locate my copy of FF12 Reventant Wings. I got real far in that one >_>.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 21, 2009, 05:16:53 pm »
I. Just. Beat. Jordan.

I repeat, just beat Jordan.

4 stars, 189k, 1463/1801 notes hit.

...I... I.. I... I... I... I... I...

HOLY F***!