Author Topic: "The Chrono Compendium Podcast"  (Read 4251 times)

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: "The Chrono Compendium Podcast"
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »
I'm relatively new here, so forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn at any point.

hiddensquire brought up a lot of good points. While I'd love to see a podcast, it may be hard to keep up on a regular basis. I'm willing to help in anyway I can. In the meantime I have a few additional suggestions for podcasting material.

1)Keep up with the various creators of the Chrono series. Announce and discuss what they're working even if it's not Chrono related.

2)Debates and analysis of various topics would be great. Even rehashing some of the articles on the sight would be nice.

3)Various talkthroughs of certain sections of the Chrono series could possibly work.

4)Trivia contests.

5)Character spotlights.

6)Listener emails and/or voicemails.

7)Some personal discussion both on and off topic.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 04:23:12 pm »
A monthly update could encompass a good half-hour's worth of material, and should give both the talent side (who you see) and the production side (what you see and how you see it) enough time to muster up something decent. Honestly though, this is an arduous task--the camera would have to be pretty high quality, and all the effects would have to be topnotch, if we really want to keep people captivated.

Someone mentioned that doing audio-only podcasts would be the way to go. It'd be like seeing some of the ROM hacks/updates with a decent narration. That way multiple people could work on the project over a fairly quick course--some people are damn shy about being seen by others, but I don't think we're as self-conscious about our voices...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »
Here, I have to do something with a microphone for journalism. I'm thinking of quickly throwing together a little run down of the Compendium and what all's new and make that a separate project. I don't have anything for video here, but I can probably get the microphone working. So you know, I do have a decent voice, free of most accent that I'm aware of. Sound like a good plan?

On the subject of audio only, that works for me. My computer hates video and so does my MP3 player. I can't do anything visual.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 05:01:26 pm »
I think audio only would work fine.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 06:16:21 pm »
I'm in broadcasting journalism m'self, and I honestly think audio will be fine for a while. Maybe it could be synced up with a flash video of some kind, but it's not all that necessary. And if we start out on audio, we can slowly progress to video--that way we'll have tested out the water and see the possible success of all this. Someone also mentioned narrating some of the articles--that would be pretty neat and any one of us could do that. Some of the longer reads can be broken into segments and be made available for the aliterate. Hell, if anyone's dorky enough to wanna listen to the Compendium articles on the go, they'd get that chance.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 08:40:05 pm »
It's actually written journalism, but we're getting ready for the second part of the whole course: broadcasting.

I'm sorry to report that I can't get a microphone. To do my project, my mother gave me a tape recorder. It's actually pretty cool.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 08:50:35 pm »
Very cool, very cool. Is this a course you're enrolled in, or are you planning on majoring in journalism? Or both...

Either way, to do podcasts, whether they're audio, video, or flash-based, or some combination therein, there's going to need to be a large group working together on this. Are any of the higher-ups here interested in doing this?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 08:54:55 pm »
Well, I'm interested in English in general (I aspire to be a theater teacher and I need to do a lot of English work to get there), so journalism is part of that. I don't think I'll get into broadcast. My brother does that.

I'll actually check up with my brother to see if I can get a microphone. I saw once that he was using it to do some video game movie or something like that, so... yeah. I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:11:26 pm by teaflower »