Author Topic: So, the Dragon Ball movie...  (Read 9570 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: So, the Dragon Ball movie...
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 01:49:57 pm »

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:24 pm »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 09:13:19 pm »
OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM FOX:

“First off, we love your enthusiasm for the film. We are so sorry to ask that you remove the content. It is not meant to irritate or discourage you and your readers from following this film campaign. It’s just that the pieces of content that are being leaked were not created to be used this way. They were only meant to be shown to potential Licensing & Merchandising partners who need to make partnering decisions far in advance of release date, and the content has not been approved for online use. Elements like music clearances and even talent approvals have not been pursued because we had no intention of having this go online. Alot goes into a trailer or video being authorized for online use….

We had hoped to have a really kick-ass trailer done by MAX PAYNE’s in-theater date, but because alot of effects shots are still being worked on - we’ve decided to wait until there is more material to work with, so we can really “wow” you and the fans. This is not uncommon for a film that still has 6 months until it goes in theaters. It looks like the real trailer will be released a little later in the year.

Again, thanks for all your interest. I am happy to update you when we get new artwork and approved video to distribute. We appreciate you removing the content, and don’t mean to cause you any headaches with your readers”

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

Stay informed so not to jump to conclusions.  :D

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 10:00:21 pm »
Still shit, I say.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2008, 11:14:16 pm »
WAH WAH WAH.  THERE'S NO TALKING ANIMALS.  WAH WAH WAH.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 11:46:04 pm »
WAH WAH WAH. THERE'S NO TALKING ANIMALS, GOKU LOOKS LIKE A LOSER, EVERYONE IS A MISUNDERSTOOD HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, PICCOLO IS A WHITE DUDE. WAH WAH WAH.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 07:49:25 am »
hahaha, i hope you were being sarcastic... 

because those are all the arguments i've heard against this movie.  i say give it time.  you and i both know any fan of dragon ball is gonna see this movie whether it looks gay or not.  AFTER seeing the movie one can bash on it all they want.

either way, though, i respect everyone's opinion.  i just hope the real trailer will sway those idle, galvanized fans.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Dragonball movie *drool*
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 01:25:24 pm »
I know I will sound like such a fan boi, but last night I went to see that movie call Paul Blart: Mall Cop(funny but not that funny to be worth paying for it by the way), and during the previews they showed a clip for the upcoming Street Fighter movie, and when I thought iit could get any better, right after that ST preview they showed a clip for... DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION!!!

'ZOMGWTFBBQROLFLOLZZZ!!!!111!!!one!!111eleven!!!' is what me and a few other people in the audience said after the preview was done. I don't believe I was ever as excited over a preview as how I was last night. I mean I had heard that in japan they did some TV show of DB with real people(or maybe it was a movie?) and then I heard rumors about a DB north american movie being made but I thought it was only a joke or it was a fan made movie.

:lol: Feel free to do this after reading my message.  :picardno

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball movie *drool*
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 02:11:46 pm »
Here's a good source of info...

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped, too... Although a lot of DB/DBZ/DBGT fans aren't in the same boat as us.  

I mean, if I can swallow the semi-horrendous work that was DBGT surely I can swallow a live action version starring Justin Chatwin.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »
GT wasn't that bad.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 03:04:45 pm »
Well, I agree you can't have talking animals in a reality movie. It's an adaption. Let it go.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »
wtf is "reality" about Dragonball? They should have actually followed the original storyline (why buy the rights to something if you actually want to make something completely different?)...but w/e, there's still the anime, I guess...

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 04:17:27 pm »
Wait, wasn't Gohan Goku's son? But... It says he's his grandfather? Ugh. I give up. I'm not going to see this.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2009, 04:22:59 pm »
Wait, wasn't Gohan Goku's son? But... It says he's his grandfather? Ugh. I give up. I'm not going to see this.

Gohan is Goku's adoptive grandfather in Dragon Ball. The son was simply named after him.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2009, 04:23:48 pm »
Wait, what? How in the world is Goku grandfather to Gohan? Did he travel back in time and become his own dad or something?
And that Piccolo fails. Where are his antennae? Where is his green? And where is his cape?
Way to ruin another childhood memory, Fox.
Oh well, at least Fox never got ahold of Watchmen...