Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47749 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »
No Spoilers but:

The next boss is a real pain.  level up a few times, and absorb spoon before you go.. =D

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2009, 10:50:29 pm »
No Spoilers but:

The next boss is a real pain.  level up a few times, and absorb spoon before you go.. =D
I know I have gotton to the boss where you have 5 turns to win. THAT one is a PAIN in the ass. I gave up and later found out that all data on my card got currupted and had to delete everything...Chrono Trigger, FF7/9 Megaman X4,5,6 Monster rancher 1 and 2 Threads of fate. and MegaMan 8. all lost I was so far on all that day I wept for three hours and felt

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2009, 12:08:12 pm »
Wait, are you joking? Vahn from LOL? I'm not sure. I googled it, yahoo, everything. I'm getting nothing. I got one game called LOL but nothing on it has any Vahn.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2009, 12:27:53 pm »
Wait, are you joking? Vahn from LOL? I'm not sure. I googled it, yahoo, everything. I'm getting nothing. I got one game called LOL but nothing on it has any Vahn.

Legend of Legaia- PS1 RPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Legaia

Love the games, but I am not a fan of the slow-paced  battle.

I choose Dart from Legend of Dragoon, he is badass when he transform especially in Divine Dragon form.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:31:31 pm by kid123 »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2009, 12:39:20 pm »

Duh it's Land of teh Lost!  :lol:

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:33 pm »
Oh! Yeah I know that. Not sure if could win but good match yeah! Definetly!

As for Dart, he can get pretty powerful. Not 100% sure if he could beat but as for a match... I dunno. I'll get back to you. I remember playing it once but that was loooooooooooooong ago. I have to play it again. As soon as I get another copy(borrowed from me Grandpa. He's got awesome game collection AND was the one who introduced me to both Chrono Trigger AND Chrono Cross!)...

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2009, 10:47:40 pm »
Goku'd kick the crap out of him...but then again, DBZ is one of those shows where the characters become too powerful, so its not interesting anymore.

I think I might've misunderstood the question when I made my vote though.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2009, 12:26:09 am »
I think Son Goku was put on God-level sometime around page 10 or something...idk why he's even still on the list...It wouldn't be a worthy match because he'd utterly destroy Crono.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2009, 12:49:56 am »
No Spoilers but:

I know I have gotton to the boss where you have 5 turns to win. THAT one is a PAIN in the ass. I gave up and later found out that all data on my card got currupted and had to delete everything...Chrono Trigger, FF7/9 Megaman X4,5,6 Monster rancher 1 and 2 Threads of fate. and MegaMan 8. all lost I was so far on all that day I wept for three hours and felt

Balls it man!

right now, Im working on my 3rd playthrough of legaia... HOWEVER this time I'm doing a PERFECT Game:

at the end of the game there is a stats screen saying how much treasure you got, how many deaths each character took, how many kills each character made, how many times you ran away, how many magic spells you got, etc.

So:  I am doing no deaths, no runs, 100% treasure, and all magics

after completing those: I am going to get to level 99 with all characters and level 9 with all magics.  Then THAT will be the perfect game.

100% treasure was, quite recently, considered a fact to be impossible, because it was accepted that there were 2 treasures that could never be gotten.. just because of how the game was made.  This was proven wrong only recently when a guy named "meth" at the Legaia board over at gamefaqs (which I go to regularly, one of the few good ones left at that site) was making a treasure checklist, trying to list all 258 treasures, and using a cheat device similar to gameshark to help forward his efforts, accidently figured out that 258 treasures was just a fluke!  The first known 100% treasure playthrough known was done within the last two years...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2009, 02:46:19 pm »
I think Son Goku was put on God-level sometime around page 10 or something...idk why he's even still on the list...It wouldn't be a worthy match because he'd utterly destroy Crono.

I don't know about utterly destroy. But in all restrospect, yeah he'd destroy Crono. Not without Crono putting up a fight, but it wouldn't be anything truly interesting considering how short it'd be.

I think I might've misunderstood the question when I made my vote though.

Yeah, that's why the list was changed and everyone got that revote chance. Almost everyone took it as "Who could pulverize our spiky haired friend?" when what we're going for is "Who could give Crono a run for his money? Who could truly not absolutely destroy him but still drive him close to the corner and vice versa, an almost equal to him?"

Y'know how everyone has their Mario VS Sonic and Link VS Cloud. Who's good and close like that for Crono?

EDIT: Looking back, I see my personal vote and what I think is Ryu from Breath Of Fire. Most notably the second or third, although first is also good. 4th, meh. 5th? NO. I think he'd be the most epic battle for Crono here, but it's not to consider loads of other possibilities. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:49:22 pm by ONSLAUGHT »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2009, 02:58:57 am »
Goku can fly and teleport...I'm sorry, but Crono would be toast...The only way he'd have a chance would be because Goku would be playing with him at first. His only shot would be hoping that Luminaire hit and was somehow more powerful than everything else Goku has survived through...

Only if it turned out Crono was a Saijin...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2009, 03:27:02 am »
Goku can fly and teleport...I'm sorry, but Crono would be toast...The only way he'd have a chance would be because Goku would be playing with him at first. His only shot would be hoping that Luminaire hit and was somehow more powerful than everything else Goku has survived through...

I smell fanfic fodder! Hey if Lavos then Sajin! Yippy for bad leaps in logic!!!

I have taken sometime to think and realised that Crono shall now fight a random set of battles and I will determine the winner. (Yes I'm pulling these out of nowhere, but before you question I have given these serious thought)

Sakura from CardCaptors Sakura (Manga)....winner?......SAKURA! She's got powerful magic, A sword that can cut anything, and she's a cute little girl (adding confusion to the mix as Crono wonders if it's wrong to beat up on a cute little girl in a custom dress by her obvious lesbion lolita loving friend! WHO IS ALSO A LITTLE GIRL! It's Clamp....)

Death from Diskworld!.....winner....DEATH! (.....) because he's Death, he's awesome! Oh and you can't really kill him...oh and he does have a Sword that can cut through pretty much anything to....I swear I'll come up with a practical figth soon...maybe...

Chi Chi from Dragon Ball.....winner....trick question I said Dragon Ball where she was actully able to fight....oh anyway it's Crono, he had to win one!

Yukino from His and Her Circumstances...winner....YUKINO...because I am a jerk and a cruel god! Kidding Chrono cause she's just a school girl with no magical powers or figthing ablities!

Etna from Disgaea1,2, and 3!....winner Etna!!!!! Because the level cap in freakin Disgaea is 9999 and Etna is awesome!

Um Crono from Chrono Trigger and the winner is Crono? -_-'

a Jack Frost from pretty much every Shin Megami Tensei game (and it's spinoffs) and the winner is Jack frost because I bribed Chrono with large sums of money ^^

Ok most of these are jokes....but either Sakura or Etna could actully win, btu it would be a real fight. Death would be insanly unfair. I have no Idea why I said Chi Chi or Yukino...and Crono vs Crono is a given...Jack Frost would lose....poor Jack Frost  :(

Oh and Ryu from Breath of Fire vs Crono would be awesome! although I find myself pondering Sakura (CCS) vs Crono....hmmmmm I think I just had a completely absurd fanfic idea...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2009, 08:05:42 pm »

FOOL! Super Sajin 4 Gogeta has red spiky hair and a monkey tail! Crono's got red spiky hair! We just need to see if he has a tail! And looking at his mother's sprite, I'd say SHE IS CHI CHI! GOKU IS HIS FATHER! AND HE IS THEIR 4TH SON! Goku and the gang just happened to be out on their own adventure on Pluto when Crono went time traveling. Goku must've been pissed when he came back to find his home in shambles and Crono missing.

Whoops... :mrgreen:

Lucca is secretly Arale in a more grown up design. Luminaire is just Crono's Kamehameha burst out a little incorrectly. Goku left and didn't have time to teach Crono how to do it properly. Lavos is just the accidental badguy getting away during Goku, Gohan, and Goten's adventure.

MWA HA HA HA!

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:25 pm »
Would it sound absurd if I told you that that wasn't the most out of left field explanation I've heard?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2009, 12:43:17 am »
No. That wasn't my worst. That was a 3/10. :twisted:

Crono VS Ryu start. That's my idea in sprite form.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:43:07 pm by ONSLAUGHT »