Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47751 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2009, 11:44:22 pm »
I like the Crono v. Link battle.  It could go on for a loooong time....

I voted for Chuck Norris back when I voted.  I am pleased to see that others finally feel the same way about it.  Maybe Ron Burgundy could do it, with the help of his News Team, of course.

Crono v. Ron Burgundy
Marle v. Veronica Corningstone
Robo v. Champ Kind
Magus v. Brian Fantana
Lucca v. Brick Tamlan
Frog v. Baxter

But you know Frog doesn't speak Spanish!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:00 am »
Ron Burgundy and co. are the best choice against Crono and co. Ron has many leather-bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Anyhow, I read through the choices--there are some good contenders--but why would anyone vote against Crono in a popularity contest that takes place at a Chrono-centered website? If it was who could take on Lavos, maybe we'd see less bias...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2009, 06:22:03 pm »
Ron Burgundy and co. are the best choice against Crono and co. Ron has many leather-bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Anyhow, I read through the choices--there are some good contenders--but why would anyone vote against Crono in a popularity contest that takes place at a Chrono-centered website? If it was who could take on Lavos, maybe we'd see less bias...

That's actually a pretty damn good idea, to be honest.  I still think that Ron and co. could give 'em a lickin'!

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2009, 06:26:19 pm »
Serge.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2009, 06:30:19 pm »
No, it's who'd put up a hell of a fight? Something that'd look interesting.

As for the Kefka situation, I don't mean pre god form, he can still be that form but I just mean the final part of that fight, the part where you fight Kefka, rather than the statues. That's actually why a number of characters we mentioned as good still aren't up there(like Ron and the gang). It's Crono VS (insert opponent here), not Crono VS an army or Crono VS everyone in the galaxy and their grandmothers.

It seems like many times the true purpose and aim of this poll has been lost despite the fact I've explained it multiple times.

One on one, regular equips as in no specifically equipped for Crono(not my idea but one that should be stuck to), not going by gameplay but by a "if they were real" standards(this should fix up Cloud & Link), god level characters are out, let's leave this to non-Chrono universe characters since we already have polls for those, and please! before suggesting someone think first "can they survive or avoid a Luminaire?" because that wipes out the majority of already mentioned.

Lastly, I would've reset the poll, but it's already come so far! And whatever the reason for all the votes, I'm happy that this is certainly the most discussed and one of the more checked out polls, so I'm keeping as is. Although I'm thinking if certain characters can't get votes soon, they're gone.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »
My vote still stands with Other. I'd like to say that the Other in this specific case is Utena Tenjou.

Think about it. Equipped with nothing but the Sword of Dios (or the Prince's sword, depending on what ark she decided to fight him during) and a white rose on her chest, as well as Anthy on the line, Utena would take down Crono. She's already defeated the captain of her school's kenjo team (three times), one of the best fencers in the school (twice), his sister, the captain of the fencing team (twice), her former lover, her lesbian lover, the student council's president (twice, I believe), the student council's sister (twice, I think), her little bitch boy, her little bitch, Anthy's older brother (symbolically), some dead guy (for reals!)... that's it. But impressive. Oh, and her best friend.

Stick a rose on Crono's shirt, make him advance on Anthy... he gets owned by a girl with pink hair.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
My vote still stands with Other. I'd like to say that the Other in this specific case is Utena Tenjou.

And that's a character from...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »
Title character from Revolutionary Girl Utena--she's a feisty little firecracker.

Oh and I'm currently undecided, since I can't quantify Crono's fighting style and compare it to the others'.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »
I was actually about to go on a rant about that. But you covered it nicely. I didn't rant because my browser CRASHED mid post.

Begin the education process now.

Also, if you don't feel like reading the long Wikipedia article, I can tell you that Utena is the pink haired GIRL in my avatars. Not the one with the funny hair stuff. That's ChibiUsa. I hate her, but that face was AWESOME. Anyway, there's a pink haired GUY. That's Mikage. He's evil. Usually seen with Utena (as they're attached at the hip) is the darker skinned purple haired girl. That's Anthy. We can't decide if Anthy is Utena's bitch or if Utena is Anthy's bitch. But someone's a bitch. ker-plop uses Miki as his avatar. Miki is one of the best fencers in the school, and Utena has kicked his ass twice. As well as his skank of a sister, Kozue.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:48:07 pm by teaflower »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:09 pm »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's already a Crono v. Serge discussion here somewhere...Serge is poorly equipped to handle someone with actual Magic at their disposal.

As for Kefka...The statues were pretty much his standard equip for not just 1/2 of the game, but for a whole friggin YEAR~!! You can't mention Kefka without the Light of Judgement...If they're out you might as well say that we have to use pre-Spekkio Crono or something...Or maybe something more appropriate would be like saying only the Lavos core, not any of the rest of Lavos...But either way, my money's on Kefka. He can fly and Ultima is just as deadly as Luminaire (if not moreso because the caster doesn't need to be at the center of it)...

And, yeah, teaflower...Maybe more people would agree with you if we were actually familiar with it...>_>

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2009, 08:40:37 pm »
Oh, that's Utena?! I remember her now! If that's the case, I really doubt it. Sword VS sword, hell yeah(although it would be far from easy)but with Crono's magic, Utena could still put up a hell of a fight but in the end, it's tough to top a supreme version of something. What's gonna win sword or lightning + sword?

Plus she's a fencer swordswoman, as in trained well in fighting but anything truly lethal and/or harmful not really while as Crono's sword style is clearly from the broad strikes and high speeds all about "1 HIT KILL PWNED LOLOLOLOL!"
If that isn't enough of an argument you also brought up the hair a lot and so certainly by any standards whatsoever, Crono wins in a hair contest. Specially the "Hair stab in face" contest. :lol:

As for that kefka thing, I just want to include Kefka cause he's a toughy no matter what but if he does have the Light of Judgement with him wouldn't he definetly be God class? Then he'd have to be revoked.

My vote goes to Ryu now by the way. I think that'd be the most intense and worthy fight.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:42:22 pm by ONSLAUGHT »

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:29 pm »
Wow, surprised this is alive again.

As for Sabin. I did my research, and... c'mon. No way! It takes a large number of FF6 guys to beat Kefka! Kefka to Lavos, Kefka's tougher, but not by a whole lot(Kefka's in the air). By the way, just to state since he was brought up earlier, I DO NOT include the towers beneath him. When I say Kefka, I mean kefka. Not Kefka and friends.
Back to the point.
Those guys barely beat beat Kefka. Kefka about 10% tougher than Lavos. Crono outright owned Lavos. ON HIS OWN.

Just from the stats of their opponents, I think it's safe to say, Sabin couldn't top Crono. Terra's tougher than that guy and she'd get creamed by Crono. Step one for proving a match with Crono - you don't get 100% obliterated instantly by the Luminaire. The character has to be able to survive.
Luminaire's tougher than Kefka(ALONE), what chance does your Sabin have now?

Chuck Norris argument, legit :lol:. Can u impr0v3 !t?
So that rules out most everybody. Crono's luminare Maxed out is devistatting no matter who you are. I also have to say Link could come out of the attack unscathed with Naru's love seeing how both are considdered to be devine. I have stated somthing similar to this before in one of my earlier posts so I will stat my perspective of Luminare again

Luminare: Ultimate holy damage on all enemies (Japanese Translation). This means the Tech is what I would call a devine Tech meaning It has priority to all other attacks except other devine attacks and counters. meaning if someone casted a normal reflect spell Luminare will still strike. Barriers mean nothing you take full damage. If Crono can see you he can hit you with Luminare. Crono's Luminare Differs from Serge's in the fact that Serge dose not have any magic abilities and can olny cast Luminare at quarter strength because he olny uses Chi, where as Crono has axcess to Heven Magic and Can put the magical properties in Luminare making it more devistating in all ways.

Naru's love obviosly is a devine shild move. if a blessing from a god to give protection is not the perfect example of a devine sheild I don't know what is

I also noticed that some one wondeded what Crono's fighting style is like. My guess is that it is a tactical speed based with some power behind it. I like to compare this type of style to Goku's Early form in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 which is reletivly fast and can uses the vast amount of moves given to combo to do tons of damage. I have compared  Confuse to Gokus counter attack: when you guard you can enter a counter stance which uses a ki blow then you can press the normal attack button to have him apear behind your opponent to attack and send him flying three times. I compare this to Confuse because of the amount of speed, except add after images to the mix. Crono whould start off using techs like lightning, Luminare and slash to get out quick attacks on his enemy then move in closer using other techs that would fit mid range and then going in with a cleave to combo into confuse or cyclone them back up while opponent is dazed to cast Luminare again. and muve about the range of the field as he pleases to rackup damage and pull off fast combos.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »
If Crono can see you he can hit you with Luminare.

Now that you bring that up, a thought occured. If Crono had Byakugan(from Naruto, like at Neji's level), even if someone Goku flew way off, honestly there would be no avoiding! Crono would be all powerful! So I guess his limited sight range is all that keeps him from being at god-level! :lol: :shock:

With Nayru's Love, yeah Link could definetly survive. The main reason though is that Crono has the speed advantage. And unlike Link's Pegasus Boots(which nto every version of Link has), Crono doesn't just go in one direction with that speed(which he's about equal to). Crono can control his speed. Top this off with the fact the only Link that has a decent amount of sword fighting techniques to stand a chance against Crono and his barrage of moves(NOT including Confuse)is Twilight Princess Link. But that Link also has nowhere near as much equipment as some of the past Link's have. Way I see it, Link is a wothy match but the only one that really is a competitor is the one from A Link To The Past. Not only does that Link have more items than most of the others, an average amoutn of sword moves(nothing to brag about though), but the main factor to bring up is that out of all the Links he's the only one that actually got at the end the full power 100% use of the Triforce. He not only had Courage at his disposal, he also had the Wisdom AND Power parts! In other words, that Link's got gods on his side.

I had someone else in mind to bring up, but I forgot who.

If anyone can think of anything else or find anything else, great! Any sort of thing related to matchups with Crono at this point are well appreciated since that's all that's left here!

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »
Vahn, from LOL.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 17, 2009, 10:10:34 pm »
Vahn, from LOL.
lol I am playing that right now actually. In sol Tower about to go to the basement levels. Just need items after facing Gaza.