Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47753 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2008, 08:37:21 am »
I think Ike (from Fire Emblem's Radiance Chronicles and SSBB) would be able to take Crono. Ragnell VS. Rainbow. Ragnell wins due to sheer mass and weight. Rainbow snaps like a twig.

GREAT... AETHER!!!

SD: Would be bigger, but don't want it too big or it's spam.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:26 pm »
Can I say that the Chrono Compendium as a whole could take on Crono?  Think about it... We know where to get all the best weapons and armor, we know how to get all the cool tech's, and we know everything there is to know about him and all his friends - even before he knows it.

Okay, so that probably doesn't count.

Okay, when you put it that way it actually sounds a little creepy... and it's certainly saying a serial killer or rapist could take him down like say Franz or Pierre? GASP! Yakra and his chancellor kidnapping ways put to work on Crono!

I think Ike (from Fire Emblem's Radiance Chronicles and SSBB) would be able to take Crono. Ragnell VS. Rainbow. Ragnell wins due to sheer mass and weight. Rainbow snaps like a twig.

GREAT... AETHER!!!

SD: Would be bigger, but don't want it too big or it's spam.

Good attempt but if that were necessarily true, then wouldn't Cloud be able to do it since Cloud is kinda tougher and has an even heavier sword he carries even more easily? Not to mention we don't know the weight of the Rainbow and  the weight issue... wouldn't that make it harder for Ike?

Even if he can carry it pretty easily, he still has a slower swing and as proven well in an episode of DBZ I remember where trunks battled Cell,(that's my example since DBZ and Chrono had the same artists it's done many other places as well)power is squat if you can't even keep up with the opponent and Ike is a slower character thanks to that weight so really Crono with his Confuse attack could easily spin around him so fast he'd have no chance of seeing him AND Crono could be slashing rapidly at the same time(he just doesn't feel like showing off or something so he slashes four times in the game).

Lastly even so, Ike got the crap kicked outta him by characters that Crono could whup the living daylights out of. He may have weight, but we don't know just how heavy the rainbow is since they don't make a bother of that but I'd imagine with the strength behind it, with power comes weight so it's gotta be pretty heavy as well(Crono IS extremely muscular and that's probably why he swings so fast, moves so fast, and treats everything like it's light and slow cause he's too damn fast)and even if it were heavier, the material of the Rainbow wouldn't snap so incredibly easy, and Crono's speed puts him too far ahead for Ike to even touch him anyways.

And of course there is always the cheap method we bring up with practically EVERY character pitted against crono... Luminaire, yada yada, all powerful, blah blah, you've probably picked up the routine since we've done it a thousand times before.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2008, 01:42:20 am »
Chrono beats aliens, Ike slays gods.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:56 am »
In some cases, the two kinds are the same. I remember that one episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" when the Enterprise crew has to save Wesley (Wil Wheaton FTW!) from being executed for unknowingly breaking a law that carries the death sentence.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 04, 2008, 04:26:56 pm »
Majin Buu would be god-like since he was made to destroy the gods themselves.

Good attempt but if that were necessarily true, then wouldn't Cloud be able to do it since Cloud is kinda tougher and has an even heavier sword he carries even more easily? Not to mention we don't know the weight of the Rainbow and  the weight issue... wouldn't that make it harder for Ike?

Even if he can carry it pretty easily, he still has a slower swing and as proven well in an episode of DBZ I remember where trunks battled Cell,(that's my example since DBZ and Chrono had the same artists it's done many other places as well)power is squat if you can't even keep up with the opponent and Ike is a slower character thanks to that weight so really Crono with his Confuse attack could easily spin around him so fast he'd have no chance of seeing him AND Crono could be slashing rapidly at the same time(he just doesn't feel like showing off or something so he slashes four times in the game).

Lastly even so, Ike got the crap kicked outta him by characters that Crono could whup the living daylights out of. He may have weight, but we don't know just how heavy the rainbow is since they don't make a bother of that but I'd imagine with the strength behind it, with power comes weight so it's gotta be pretty heavy as well(Crono IS extremely muscular and that's probably why he swings so fast, moves so fast, and treats everything like it's light and slow cause he's too damn fast)and even if it were heavier, the material of the Rainbow wouldn't snap so incredibly easy, and Crono's speed puts him too far ahead for Ike to even touch him anyways.

And of course there is always the cheap method we bring up with practically EVERY character pitted against crono... Luminaire, yada yada, all powerful, blah blah, you've probably picked up the routine since we've done it a thousand times before.

ONSLAUGHT:
Thank you finally someone gets the asowme-ness of confuse I still think the move can be compared to Goku (early)/(Mid(normal))/(End (normals tate))'s teleport guard counter attack. It can be proformed by guarding then pressing O or pressing O during your rush attacks, and then hit square three times rapidly causing him to teleport directly behind the opponent and hit them not even a second later this happens  three times(if you pressed square 3x) giving no room of excape from the combo. other characters can do it but not as many times as a non Ssj goku. (I like to use (early) I think he's one of the best fighters out there seeing he has all the Triangle attacks (ki blast, tripple kick, ect.) after a cirtain amt. of rush attacks. /ki blast also goes into the teleport attack combo mentioned above. (Budokai Tenkaichi 3. ) So assuming that crono can do this and slash more than four times if he either wants to be flashy/show offy or wants to go all out. he can decimate any one. now picture confuse as a counter attack and crono having the 'Frenzy Band' on Ike would not stand a chance

Also if you wanted to know Luminare's unedited dicription reads Ultimate Holy damage on all enemies. so basically its a Devine attack meaning its all powerful, gets priority, barriers and defenses mean jack squat, and nothing can trump it. to put it simply the attack is unbeatable and can harm gods.

Shadow D. Darkman:
Spekkio is the godof war in CT. and it seems magic can harm him. Majin-Buu is Mand out of Magic if I remember correctly, so if he were to be hit with a magic attack  it could either hurt him very badly, nothing, or make him stronger.

Crono could beat any DBZ character with ease seeing as he would not wait 5-35 or so episides and give them the chance to power up. we all know that it feels like it takes that long for Goku to go Ssj 1 & 4. so Crono would just charge and hack them to pieces as soon as they start to power up.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2008, 07:27:38 pm »
Oh ho! It's funny because he's referencing the fact that in the cartoon battles were spread through numerous episodes! It's funny because it's true! Or maybe because other people have said that before! If the anime is too slow, read the manga or something...The amount of training & natural ability I think overpowers Crono, who while good with a sword, Goku & most of the Dragonball characters can deflect bullets...I think Crono's Magic is too limited. It'd just come down to him using Luminaire and I don't know if that's enough...It takes him a while to cast (as much as some of the Dragonball moves though, I'll admit...but it's main downfall is its range, which is usually everything within screen range of Crono...I think that a battle between him & any Dragonball character would just be a matter of keep away...Crono's fast, but not trained in extra gravity fast...Dragonball characters are like Superman fast...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2008, 08:10:10 pm »
Chrono beats aliens, Ike slays gods.

Um, Crono also beats Gods?
In another poll of Crono VS Serge it ended a while back but it pretty much came down to Crono. Serge whups god ass all over the place in Cross(since a large number of the games bosses' are gods)and if Crono is so better than Serge, then don't you think he would obliterate the gods so really that argument wouldn't stand a chance against him? Plus as also brought up...

Also if you wanted to know Luminare's unedited dicription reads Ultimate Holy damage on all enemies. so basically its a Devine attack meaning its all powerful, gets priority, barriers and defenses mean jack squat, and nothing can trump it. to put it simply the attack is unbeatable and can harm gods.

But as for back to what we switched to back with Dragonball stuff... how did we get onto that?

Majin Buu would be god-like since he was made to destroy the gods themselves.

Chrono Master nice try, but you didn't help prove the fighting against Dragonball characters, since you took quotes for two entirely different matchups and related them together. Shadow's was on Majin Buu(although I can't even find where the quote came from)and the other from me as much as I appreciate the compliments about 1/2 of it is for naught since mine isn't on Buu but on Ike.

As for that range thing, just as we don't know the weight of the Rainbow, we don't know the range of Luminaire(although said points sound very logical and very good). It is also possible that whatever his target within his sight range is the limit to Luminaire and if that were the case then the only way to avoid it is to go at such a far distance that really even if the DB characters can make that range it'd be a few seconds before it got to Crono and with his speed he'd have plenty of time to just dodge and so with the game of keep away no one would win... unless either Crono was stupid enough to stand still and let an attack hit him dead on when he has a couple of seconds to dodge or if the same thing happened enough times with Goku or someone else when Crono would use the one thing that could still hit them no matter the distance, Lightning(the first level one). Of course those are both counting that one of them is being incredibly stupid like "Wow! Look at the pwetty light!".

Vagrant

• Iokan (+1)
  • rocket surgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2008, 07:38:23 am »
'fraid I went with the ol' Cloud Strife. Similarities and badassery and whatnot.

But FFVII Cloud. Not emo Cloud from the Compilation. I'm talking about the Cloud who was about to make his way to the centre of the planet to fight a demi-god with his band of world-weary adventurers and uttered the phrase "Let's mosey."

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:07 pm »
Cloud Strife and speaking aloud eh? Good fight. Yes, the one from later on as "cool" as he may appear isn't anywhere near as good as the one from the first game not only in personality but also skill wise he may look like he gains skill but honestly he only went downhill, FFVII was his best and a good it was.

Now I'm curious, do you have anything to defend your standing? Since that's what we've been doing, having intellectual discussions about their strengths and weaknesses and contrasting a character with Crono, to determine if they'd get defeated, be the perfect awesome match(like Mario VS Sonic, both are equal in ability to the point where it may be impossible to find the true winner because it's that good a matchup)which is what we are aiming for but have yet to find, if they would win but be in quite a beaten condition, or if they would obliterate Crono.

Vagrant

• Iokan (+1)
  • rocket surgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2008, 01:46:22 am »
Well, I was really just responding to the poll. It's pretty much impossible to argue whether Luminaire would beat Omnislash or whatever.

Both of them are driven protagonists who are statistically the most powerful of their respective allies. PLUS SPIKEY HAIR!

Cloud gets the edge because he's got Jenova cells and Mako pushing him beyond the norm, and could have the right Materia setup while Crono wouldn't even have his double techs...

So, that's my justification for it.

Oh, and Sonic would totally beat Mario. XD (he's faster and can recollect his rings. Mario's done for after two hits)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2008, 12:50:47 pm »
But what is Cloud's normally used  Materia setup?
As for Omnislash, powerful as it is, that's not an attack to compare with magic since if he equipped a stick, it'd still have magic on it but he'd still be swinging a stick. So if he has a sword, even if it has magic on it, he's still just swinging a sword rapidly at energy. Omnislash can be compared to Confuse, yeah. But to fight Luminaire you need either something similar to it, or if you really do face it with an attack it'd need to be either one hell of an attack, or the person's got guts.

True, Crono would be lacking in double techs but that's no matter for as spiky as Cloud's hair is spiky, but Crono's head is nothing more than a very big and thick porcupine sewn on his head at birth. And it's red from all the people he's slain with it. :P How much spikier can you get?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2008, 01:04:02 pm »
Probably dyed red from the blood of those he's impaled on those spiky locks.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »
...but Crono's head is nothing more than a very big and thick porcupine sewn on his head at birth...

... LAVOS!?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2008, 05:57:35 pm »
Yes @ Chyr0ono is the almighty Lacvos!~!@!!!

Cribno's mom totally at birth qwas ouyt in space and saw this wierd thing and total,lly rhougfht "OMHG dats thingh isd so freaking awesome I want one too!"
But it was all no and so chron o;s mom was reaslly upes4rryt but she styill got togethetr wityh it that night and she3 got all pregenanty and such~

So vback on earth after being done with rifding the Epoch(she took it for a joyridfe one night after Crono got her back at the end of the game)she wound up ghaving a kid but what she didn't realize was she totally went too dfar back in time and so that kid grw up to be CXrino and she went back to her own times!

Thats gota be how Crono has iyt!!!!!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2008, 06:40:40 pm »
What... the... f***, Onslaught. Seriously, WTF?