1 (3.3%)
Chrono Break (one day maybe)
7 (23.3%)
Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep
2 (6.7%)
Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Favourite upcoming Square-Enix game  (Read 3139 times)

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Favourite upcoming Square-Enix game
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:50:33 am »
What are the next Square-Enix games that your are most looking forward to?

I will like Chrono Break and Parasite Eve 3. Two games that really deserves sequels.

EDIT: Added Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days and birth by sleep
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:40:33 am by MagilsugaM »

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite upcoming Square-Enix game
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:02:11 am »
final fantasy 13 and chrono break

im also looking forward to kingdom hearts 358/2 days !

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:24:39 am »
Kind of an odd choice of games...

Unless they reinstate the trademark, Chrono Break will never happen. So I'm going with CTDS & The 3rd Birthday of the lot. I never played PE2 (heard mixed things about it really), but Aya was always a neat character coming from Square & I enjoyed the storyline of the original.

I'd put the 4 Dragon Quest games (all of which I'd put above even those I chose, really) coming out on that list, myself...among others. There's a lot more to Square's upcoming lineup than what they announced at DKΣ3713, y'know (& you've only got like half of that in this poll anyways)? Stuff that isn't just sequels & remakes even...! *shock*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:26:15 am by V_Translanka »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:44:53 pm »
I seem to not see Snoopy DS on the list XD.  I don't know, I like Snoopy so I'm hoping they won't destroy him with this.  Since that's not on the list, I'm gonna go with CTDS And Chrono break.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:09 pm »
CTDS and CB for me, but I didn't know you could vote twice and so my vote only went toward CTDS.
And also thank you for not including the Kingdom Hearts game...FOR THE CELL PHONE. They're trying to make it seem big, three new games. Cause what they need to do is Kingdom Hearts 3(the end points in that direction, no where else)and do it for PS3. Instead they have Kingdom Hearts of Sora, on the CELL PHONE.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:24 pm »
CTDS and CB for me, but I didn't know you could vote twice and so my vote only went toward CTDS.
And also thank you for not including the Kingdom Hearts game...FOR THE CELL PHONE. They're trying to make it seem big, three new games. Cause what they need to do is Kingdom Hearts 3(the end points in that direction, no where else)and do it for PS3. Instead they have Kingdom Hearts of Sora, on the CELL PHONE.

They are not for ell phone anymore one is for PSP and the other one for DS. Square says that they cannot wait until the mobiles get more advanced.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:51:18 pm »
No, I mean they have a third game coming out along with those two, and it is for the cell phone. It's just not really all that known or even talked about by them. Why? Because it's on the cell phone. It's gonna be a puzzle type thing. Solve the puzzle to defeat the Heartless!

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:56:20 pm »
CTDS and FF Versus XII. Mainly because Chorno Break might not exist.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »
What exactly IS FF VS XII? I keep looking it up and am finding not too much on it. All I've learned is that it isn't coming out for awhile, it's from the makers of Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, and seen the trailer.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 03:15:46 am »
What exactly IS FF VS XII? I keep looking it up and am finding not too much on it. All I've learned is that it isn't coming out for awhile, it's from the makers of Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, and seen the trailer.

Is a Final Fantasy game that is situated in this era they have cars, guns and there is a dark prince or something.
Search for the trailers they are pritty good.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 03:24:04 am »
I voted for The 3rd Birthday (Parsite Eve sequel hehehehe I'm totally for that, but wait, I hope nothing bad happens to Eve! Aya would be so heart broken! Hasn't she suffered enough for one lifetime!)

and Chrono Trigger DS (my hope that it will do so well Square Enix will try to get as much of the original Dream Team as possible to make a sequel...note this is rare for me since I rarely have High Hopes for anything....ever....infact I have almost no faith in my hope for this dream to even come true!)

Oh if I'm correct the original Game of Parasite Eve is actully a sequel to a book! (Which is mentioned in the game...you know that whole incident in Japan that's mentioned.)

Reason is simple. I'm not a huge fan of FF or KH...I have a friend who loves KH though, but I'm a horrible friend so I litertly tell him I don't care in the slightest. (although I'm very sacastic, and he can tell....I mean if I was really an A** towards friends I wouldn't have one....no really I have only one friend....I can never figure out why.) Infact I've played 1,2, and CoM I just like being the sarcastic crazy one of the group. (Although I'm told I'm very honest)*

Either way I know what I like although I'm worrid about the 3rd Parasite Eve game....I'm a pessimist.

*I'm sorry that was a bit rantish....I tend to type how I speak.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 09:14:54 pm »
Chrono Trigger first, but after that, I have to say I'm looking forward to the Kingdom Hearts continuation...

Unless it's on PS3, in which case I'm screwed.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 11:48:32 pm »

No, it's just coming out for the DS, PSP, and...let's leave the last one alone...

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 03:12:49 am »

No, it's just coming out for the DS, PSP, and...let's leave the last one alone...

They are prequels about Roxas, psp one is roxas when it was a little kid. And the ds one is Roxas when he was on the organisation 13 with axel.

There is a game comming for PS3 if you finished Kingdom Hearts 2 you should know that.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:51 am »
Um.... Not quite, Magilsugam...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded is for some uber-advanced cell phone (remember, the cell phones in Japan are much more powerful than American cell phones) and takes place AFTER Kingdom Hearts II.  Pretty much Jiminy Cricket is hanging out, looking through his old journal entries and he notices an entry he did not write (or doesn't remember writing).  Jiminy then digitizes the contents of the journal and creates a Matrix-like computer world in which they must figure out the cryptic message (all the while hanging out with an AI version of Sora).

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is the Nintendo DS-exclusive prequel to Kingdom Hearts II that deals with the year or so that Roxas existed (remember, Roxas was created the moment Sora temporarily became a Heartless during the events of Kingdom Hearts I).  It follows his missions while working with Organization XIII, but also deals with a strange, XIV member of the Organization that either wasn't around in Kingdom Hearts II or we didn't see.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is a PSP game and is a PREQUEL to the entire Kingdom Hearts series.  It takes place 10 years before Kingdom Hearts and follows three friends: Terra, Ven, and Aqua.  They are all apprentices to a Keyblade Master, and the have a scenario-based adventure dealing with some sort of enemy called "the Unbirth", which are neither Heartless nor Nobody.