Author Topic: Chrono's Mom  (Read 2164 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono's Mom
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 11:48:17 am »
Well how many cats she went through with shouldn't really matter. Weren't all the gates already connected to the End of Time? How else could Ayla, Magus, Frog, and Robo all enter the same gate and get to their home periods? They had to stop by the EoT to catch their connecting flight.

So Crono's Mom was probably sent to the End of Time (where she might have subsequently fallen into another gate, having no idea what those pillars of light were).

Or, she met Gaspar there, thus explaining what he was doing at the end of the game.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:03 pm »
I've always wondered if Crono's mom produced Crono like Mary produced Jesus?  :shock:

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 02:49:51 pm »
Naw, its much more of John Conner inspiration.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 04:37:19 pm »
Well how many cats she went through with shouldn't really matter. Weren't all the gates already connected to the End of Time? How else could Ayla, Magus, Frog, and Robo all enter the same gate and get to their home periods? They had to stop by the EoT to catch their connecting flight.

So Crono's Mom was probably sent to the End of Time (where she might have subsequently fallen into another gate, having no idea what those pillars of light were).

Or, she met Gaspar there, thus explaining what he was doing at the end of the game.

I guess that's true. So maybe they could have found her.
Maybe Crono shows up and learns gaspar's his new pappy! :P

kritterpher

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 03:55:33 am »
   maybe his mom end's up making a new life and is related to serge to connect chrono and serge in the bloodline. maybe she's Marge, oohhhhh
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 02:27:56 pm by kritterpher »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 05:23:15 am »
Maybe we should create a Chrono Wild, Baseless Speculation forum because so much of this is clearly no longer Analysis...>_>

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 05:45:27 am »
I like to think that Chrono's Mom was sent to 65 000 000 BC  where she hit her head after falling down the large pit in Mystic Mountains, suffered amnesia, and eventually rose to the ranks as the Chief Iokan, "Ayla".

Yes, That would make Crono and Marle some kind of bizarre Niece/Sister-Uncle/Brother incest couple.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:54 pm »
Maybe we should create a Chrono Wild, Baseless Speculation forum because so much of this is clearly no longer Analysis...>_>

I don't know... Some of the things in this website is a Chrono Wild, Baseless Speculation forum. No offense. But ti's still my favorite place to go for some Chrono info, whether it be fact or fiction.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Hey, it's all theorem.  Accept what you want to, don't accept what you don't want to. 

As for the Compendium's encyclopedia, all the information is straight from the games.  There are additional sections for theories and analysis, etc., but that in no way means that it is canon.  It's just theories in order to explain the unexplained aspects (such as much of Chrono Cross' plot, how time travel works in the Chronoverse, what the Entity is, etc.).

I think a lot of the members here just are the type of mind's that like to ask questions.  Besides, it's fun (most of the time!)

So no worries, Fireseal.  What is from the video games are canon, all else is logical speculation.  Feel free to contribute and don't be afraid to argue your own idea's!  Just have fun with it!

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 02:09:24 am »
There's also the fact that she would have gone through the gate with 3 or more cats, so she might end up in the End of Time and who knows what after that

That is an interesting possibility if gina and gasper hooked up.  I wouldn't necessarily say crono's father, (although anything dealing with crono's dad would probably be one of the biggest holes that could be filled in expanding the story) as that would leave to all sorts of time complications. 

Well how many cats she went through with shouldn't really matter. Weren't all the gates already connected to the End of Time? How else could Ayla, Magus, Frog, and Robo all enter the same gate and get to their home periods?
I think this is where we draw the distinctions between story mechanics, and gameplay convenience.  My understanding is that each gate leads to a specific endpoint.  You are brought to the end of time the first time because of the laws of time travel gate mechanics, blah blah.  After that, they would be traveling through specific gate points to get to specific destinations, not necessary take the EoT everytime.  I assume, then that from that vantage point, the other party members are able to glimpse part of the time streams (so they know whats going on, and not need to be updated every night by the campfire) or at least hear it from Gaspar, who does seem to see aspects of the flow of time.

what's Gaspar do at the end of the game?

He's either stuck at the EoT, or chooses to stay there.  On the stuck idea, I was reading in various articles about how the BoT and EoT take on various qualities based on each person, ie, it looks or can look different to each person.  I just finished a play through of the game, and Gaspar mentions you can only travel through gates you've been through, meaning each person.  Gasper ended up there from a time anomaly created by Lavos, so either the only gate he see's is the one to the destruction of Zeal, or there isn't a pillar for him at all since it wasn't an "entity" gate that brought him there in the first place.

So, why doesn't he then leave with crono and gang on the epoch?  That could be a possibility, or because of the changes he's undergone during his stay there (when he's confronted as being the 'guru of time' he acts like thats not him anymore)  so he stays there either as convenience, or he feels he has more to do there.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 02:30:56 am »
My understanding is that each gate leads to a specific endpoint. You are brought to the end of time the first time because of the laws of time travel gate mechanics, blah blah.  After that, they would be traveling through specific gate points to get to specific destinations, not necessary take the EoT everytime.

Yeah, but there are nine gates, so they can't all be connected to one other gate...

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:48 am »
Yeah, but there are nine gates, so they can't all be connected to one other gate..

A gate is just a passageway between two points.  Thats like saying 9 traffic intersections cant connect 9 roads, which is incorrect, you have to pass through the intersection to get from where you started, to where you are going. 9 gates * 2 passageways (start and end) = 18 endpoints, so its not a matter of odd numbers.

I speculate that the one in the proto dome would have lead to 65 million BC, which is why the crew has access to that era.  Then the other gate you take in the former Tyrano Lair goes to zeal, so each gate has a point where you enter it, and a point where you exit it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 09:37:09 am »
But don't the ones that are connected lead to the same space?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 05:07:55 pm »
A thought, just as in the otherworlds you can see most of the area, you can't go everywhere.

So perhaps the EoT has other floating spaces like that one with other gates, it's just the party doesn't know of it because they happen to only access that personal area. That would also help explain how Gaspar goes from just being in the middle of an endless ocean of, I dunno(time?), to being on the same platform as Spekkio.