Author Topic: Loophole in the three-person time-travel limit?  (Read 2770 times)

Hyriel Mecrith

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Loophole in the three-person time-travel limit?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:10:56 pm »
The Gate in the Tyranno Lair takes you to 12000 BCE, not the End of Time, so that theory doesn't work... Also, I don't see why Gaspar would lie about something like that... >.>
Well I forgot this case, but if I remember right, the gate in the tyranno lair, was just created, or at least just activated. So Gaspar would not have the time to modify it yet.
As to why Gaspar, would lie about it. Well if he did not lie, it would rise many question. How did you do that? Who or what are you anyway? Maybe, Gaspar did not want to be bothered by that. So he lied to avoid unnecessary questioning.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:52 pm »
Still seems a bit farfetched, not to mention that I highly doubt Gaspar has that amount of power. If he really could do amazing things like manipulating Gates, why couldn't he just do something to Lavos to stop him from destroying Zeal in the first place? The guy can create a Chrono Trigger after years of hard effort, yes, but I highly doubt he can manipulate the flow of time itself...even if he is the Guru of Time.

Also, the Gate at the Tyranno Lair was not "newly made", it was created over 60 million years ago from Gaspar's point of view... >.>

I also don't see why he wouldn't just say "Oh yeah, I'm the Guru of Time, I can do stuff like that," if he's willing to put enough faith in the Chrono team to defeat the godly parasite that is eating the world from within. Not to mention that he actually does admit that he's the Guru of Time.

Also, Occam's Razor doesn't agree with it.

Hyriel Mecrith

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
Yes, you are right, my theory, does not work.
But one question remain. Why does Crono still end up in the end of time when he travel only with two others?
The theorem, does not explain that.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:50:33 pm »
Gameplay quirk. There's really no way to explain that, yeah... :/ CT has various plot holes like that... It's pretty much anyone's guess.

Zipp Dementia had an idea that their link to their friends pulls them back to the EoT. However, the Gate at the Tyranno Lair had an agenda of its own; it really wanted them to see Zeal, since that's an extremely important part in the planet's history...

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 07:34:59 pm »
Perhaps even Gaspar himself didn't understand the true mechanics of Gate travel, despite being the "Guru of Time". After all, he doesn't appear to have any knowledge of the Entity, or at least he doesn't say he does.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 07:52:02 pm »
Quote from: Gaspar
This is a battle between Lavos and the planet itself!

Even so, though, why should he have knowledge of the Entity...? No one in Zeal did, and even the Chrono team don't really know very much about it.

I imagine he would understand the mechanics of Gate travel, though, seeing as he says how they got there in the first place...