Author Topic: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.  (Read 5644 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 02:57:07 am »
Verbally, Nightmare. Verbally.

As far as you're concerned >_>;;

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 03:12:57 am »

If a kid said that to me, name, phone number, address, shotgun, and he's gone.

Really you'd wait to collect infomation.... I'd kill'em the moment they uttered such blasphemy

Well I don't exactly carry a shotgun everywhere I go.  Although I could just strangle him.

The last few posts have made me depressed.  I didn't think modern kid video gamers were so incredibly ....I don't even have words to describe it.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:24 am »
 lol, this is starting to remind me of how fans react to the character model for the original Legend of Zelda. They honestly can't accept a Link that isn't blond. Also reminds me of an event in high school where some kid was calling Metroid a ripoff of Halo. I tried to explain that he can't compare those two titles, but before I could explain why, he responds "yes, because there is no comparison! Halo is better!" Dumbshit...

Now, let's look at some realistic responses. Like, stuff you'd hear while playing a game demo at Walmart...

boy: What's this game, dad??   hey dad, what about this game??    It looks kinda cool (holds up Chrono Trigger)

dad: but that game doesn't have Mario on it.

boy: I wanna get this game.

dad: let's get something with Mario on it

boy: but dad, I don't want a game with Mario, I want this one!! this one!

dad: nah, we're gonna get this one, with Mario on it. see? the title says there's a party, too!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:14:08 am by Captain B »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 08:28:23 am »
It is the parents fault, really. Parents need to start their chil'un with the basics.  Get them an Atari or if need be an Atari emulator when they are little, then gradually move them up to NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis etc.  Its tough when you start with the games nowadays and try to go 8bit.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 03:33:07 pm »
 One of the reasons I still have an NES, other than the fact that TMNT2 is still not out on Virtual Console.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 04:02:44 pm »
It is the parents fault, really. Parents need to start their chil'un with the basics.  Get them an Atari or if need be an Atari emulator when they are little, then gradually move them up to NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis etc.  Its tough when you start with the games nowadays and try to go 8bit.

Too true. Kids nowadays don't even know how to appreciate some of the amazing graphics of those old games, just because they aren't as "realistic" as today's game.

It is really amazing the level of detail that old video games had, given that they had somewhere around 4 colors to work with and 8x8 (or sometimes 8x16) pixel squares/rectangles to work with. There is an intense beauty in something where such attention has to be taken with every single pixel.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 04:11:34 pm »
the 90 was the high point for most it seemed, like CC, Xenogeres, Baldurs gate the backgrounds were stuning hell remove the sprites/models on some of them and they could be framed.

Thats beauty.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 08:52:05 pm »
Whenever I see little starved children standing two inches from the TV playing their Dad's copy of Halo 2, I want to cry becaus I know that little boy will probably never experience the greatness of retro gaming.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 09:23:13 pm »
the 90 was the high point for most it seemed, like CC, Xenogeres, Baldurs gate the backgrounds were stuning hell remove the sprites/models on some of them and they could be framed.

[image]

Thats beauty.
Couldn't agree with you more; the 90's were the golden age of gaming─surpassing mere nostalgia and the meme of instant gratification, whilst transcending to the tier of 'art'.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:43:51 pm by BROJ »

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 03:08:15 am »
Whenever I see little starved children standing two inches from the TV playing their Dad's copy of Halo 2, I want to cry becaus I know that little boy will probably never experience the greatness of retro gaming.

Or . . . sunlight and, people.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 03:11:46 pm »
 As cliche'd as it sounds, Super Mario Bros. for NES is really the first game they should ever play. I'd like to say the same about The Legend of Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy, but the thing is, Link's Awakening may work just as well...   actually, no. DO start them with Hyrule Fantasy, simply cause it's the first Zelda, and it lets them appreciate the additions of Alttp, especially after the original's engine took a hiatus with Zelda 2.   When they have the basics down, pull out some Konami titles like Gradius and Contra. Then, Megaman 2 and 3. Move on to SNES after this.

"Why isn't Sephiroth in this game???   Did he die??"

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 04:36:25 pm »
Adventure and M.U.L.E. are a must play as well.

"Awesome a Chrno Crusade game for DS!"

MeshGearFox

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 07:04:34 pm »
"Hey, I think my big brother had this game for his Super Nintendo! Before he went off to the war and got killed, I mean."

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 03:02:58 am »
I missed the earlier post speaking of the 90's being a high point . . .

I must agree entirely. The 90's have been super good for gaming!

But I must say, the 07/08 years have really seen a lot of expansion in games in general! I'm really excited for  game development!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 05:01:34 pm »
"Hey, I think my big brother had this game for his Super Nintendo! Before he went off to the war and got killed, I mean."

hmmm, I dunno that's pretty good, but...

eh..     hmm...   

"Hey, I think my<terminally ill big brother little brother had this game for his Super Nintendo! Before he went off to the war and got killed died of AIDS got screwed over by the government, who decided to cut his medical insurance, and then he and his kitten drowned in a river, then washed up after a flood and both got turned to paste by a Mack truck before a horse took a crap on his remains , I mean."

Better.

"Hey, I think my<terminally ill big brother little brother had this game for his Super Nintendo! Before he went off to the war and got killed died of AIDS got screwed over by the government, who decided to cut his medical insurance, and then he and his kitten drowned in a river, then washed up after a flood and both got turned to paste by a Mack truck before a horse took a crap on his remains , I mean. <IN THE RAIN.>"

BEST.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:03:22 pm by Captain B »