Author Topic: A note on Miguel...  (Read 8158 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: A note on Miguel...
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 03:41:47 am »
I think it would be cute if Chrono was Leena's Dad, but it seems really unlikely that Maguel is Chrono.

I just thought of something else.  If he's Crono, why is his name Miguel?  Think about it.  There's no reason for him to not be named Crono.

Let's pretend you're Crono. (har har then you cudnt talk)

You just left a burning kingdom. You are possibly highly wanted. You now have a child, who could be in danger.

WHY WOULD YOU GO BY CRONO AFTER THAT?

It's a completely different continent.  For all we know he could have not even known that the Porre were there.  And even so, why wouldn't he tell them?  He knows Serge is Wazuki's son, he knows Wazuki isn't a Porre soldier, and unless Norris is in your party at the time there isn't anything suspicious.  He seems to trust you anough to give out all this info.

Um ok example
Your in the witness protection program.....you become really good friends with someone...would you suddenly go "Hey my real name _____ I actully come from ______ and everything I told you when I got here was a lie"

Basicly you don't go tell people who you are just because their "not" who your hiding from.

Serge is really MUTE!! He could't say that was Serge when he was in Lynx body. He just couldn't say anything.

But Crono, he can speak.

If Serge can't speak then everyone in the group is

1) Capable of reading sign language
2) can read lips
3) or powerful mind readers

If Serge couldn't speak and Lynx can speak in his body. Serge would have to be unable to talk because he never learned (which is impossible considering he's surronded by other human beings, there is nothing physically or mental making him mute.....if he's really not talking he's just lazy (or practicing to be a mime....) Or maybe he hates to talk. I mean he basicly sat there and let everyone tell hm what he HAS to do...if someone did that I'd be "Screw Schala, Time, and Existence!" and leave.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 06:24:12 am »
Why WOULD it in a place out of time and space? Also, his other techs weren't exactly amazing and I don't think I ever used any of them after I got magic, except for Double Teching. And, hm. Not having anyone with him...

What wasn't amazing about Slash & Confuse? They were totally badass.

Also, what suggests that magic is still usable?

That's kind of backwards logic...You should go by what evidence we have: they learn Magic & have Magic. I don't have to supply evidence that it goes away because nothing contradicts that. YOUR theory is the one that lacks evidence...

Um, yeah. But why use his weaker techs when he can use Holy Dragon Sword and BlackHole and lay quite a beatdown with his bare hands? (And why recode his skills, mostly positional based, to work on the player's party?)

Well, there's the biggest evidence against this whole claim...Crono takes down LAVOS with his "weaker Techs"...and then uses these lame-o new ones & gets trounced by Serge & Co. 8)

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 01:58:59 pm »
Why WOULD it in a place out of time and space? Also, his other techs weren't exactly amazing and I don't think I ever used any of them after I got magic, except for Double Teching. And, hm. Not having anyone with him...

That's kind of backwards logic...You should go by what evidence we have: they learn Magic & have Magic. I don't have to supply evidence that it goes away because nothing contradicts that. YOUR theory is the one that lacks evidence...

Um, yeah. But why use his weaker techs when he can use Holy Dragon Sword and BlackHole and lay quite a beatdown with his bare hands? (And why recode his skills, mostly positional based, to work on the player's party?)

Well, there's the biggest evidence against this whole claim...Crono takes down LAVOS with his "weaker Techs"...and then uses these lame-o new ones & gets trounced by Serge & Co. 8)

Hear hear.

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 04:56:35 pm »

Would you explain how the game could balance Slash?

What evidence is there that magic still works, though? It's backwards, but I'm curious.

Crono wasn't alone against Lavos.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »
Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but the evidence for Miguel being Crono so far appears to be:

1. They both have red(ish) hair
2. They are powerful warriors

Is that it?

Heck, we could say that Crono is really Connor MacLeod, because they are both powerful warriors and both use a katana (and both have seen events separated by hundreds of years), if that is all it takes to have a valid theory.

If you want to say that Miguel is really Crono is a fan fiction, go ahead. There is nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't mean it holds water.

Which part? Slapping MAYBE 20 of the same pics together...or using the prog that slaps them together to make the pic collage? >_>

Spending the time to even consider the action in the first place (the action either being slapping the pictures together, using a program to do it for you, programming such a program, considering to create such a program, or even considering to use suych a program).

But he could have been, as seen in New Game+

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 07:29:31 pm »
Its well known that magic still works (fortuneteller, Guile, Sneff, etc). Plus slash is really powerful, hits multiple units and does non-elemental MAGIC damage. Confuse is great because it always works(except some bosses).

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 09:28:06 pm »
...it seems to me that there is enough evidence that points to Miguel being Crono that it is a plausible theory. However, all of the evidence is circumstantial, and it can't be proven without Kato's actually admitting that Miguel is Crono.

So, enough evidence that it may be true, but nothing that proves it absolutely. Can't we just say that it's a plausible theory (whether you believe it yourself, or not), and leave it at that?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 09:48:32 pm »
...it seems to me that there is enough evidence that points to Miguel being Crono that it is a plausible theory. However, all of the evidence is circumstantial, and it can't be proven without Kato's actually admitting that Miguel is Crono.

I'd say it is "possible," not "plausible," and a "hypothesis," not a "theory," and it would need Kato to "suggest/indicate," not "admit." With such edits, I'd agree that such a statement is true.

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 10:35:26 pm »

You heard it here, folks. Canon ending is the New Game+ one.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 10:42:47 pm »

Arcane your aguement can't go forward if you discover new clues share them. As to whether Crono can take Lavos alone it doesn't effect this idea at all.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 10:51:35 pm »

I can kill off the other two members & still accomplish solo Crono vs Lavos in regular game...and why are YOU talking about what is or isn't canon when you're talking about Miguel being Crono anyways?? >_>

Arcane your aguement can't go forward if you discover new clues share them. As to whether Crono can take Lavos alone it doesn't effect this idea at all.

Truth & reason!!?! O_o

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 10:52:15 pm »

At any rate, ever heard of sarcasm, Arcane?

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:38 am »
At any rate, ever heard of sarcasm, Arcane?

No.

Analysis forums=/=A place for one-word joke posts
Contribute THEN make a joke, fine, but try not to just make meaningless posts like this.
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:32:31 pm by V_Translanka »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 02:40:54 pm »
The way I see it, everyone is set in their opinion.  I don't think we're going to be able to persuade or dissuade anyone.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 01:37:53 pm »
Good theory except Chrono appears in person in Chrono Cross, right next to Miguel and talking. Please explain why Chrono would appear right next to himself as a ghost.