Author Topic: Chrono Mémoire: Hours of Oblivion  (Read 478 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Chrono Mémoire: Hours of Oblivion
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:16:44 pm »
Okay, the reason I've made a thread rather than to PM Zeality himself is because I'd like to hear several opinions.

Description: Chrono Mémoire: Hours of Oblivion
The project is, which I see it as, a solo project; something parallel to the Chrono Trigger novel project. Yes, I will be doing it all alone, but members are free to join up and help around, and their efforts will be rewarded (somehow, I dunno though, I'm a poor bloke with nothing to offer). Rather than simple novelization, this project would include certain untold stories, and mostly poetry, about the Chronoverse and emphasizing the feelings of many events and sort. It does not only hold CT's stuff, but also RD and CC. Of course, the project will be slow and it will indeed take a long, really long, time to finish it (as I have personal RL stuff to deal with, and I'm working 7 hours straight and I'm a student). Even if the updates are slow, it does not mean the project's dead, and the updates would be constant (it'll die if I say so). And if at all I'm working alone, I might not release even the Beta of it in the forums, but rather just announce updates until released. If the project has members, then it would be a private one until released.

Questions:
I assume that according to the mods a forum for this project need not be necessary, considering it's a really small project.
Is my creativity copyrighted (no, not the game or story, but the prose and stories, and the poetry) and protected from theft? If not, where can I do that (of course as a fan creation xD)?
How is project gonna be released? I'm aware that not many fans favor reading such things compared to actually "playing" them or something, and possibly only those who really feel the Chrono spirit would read them. Even if there's a small amount of people would read it I'll gladly do it. However, if there's no interest, then I'd simply abandon the project idea.
What do I get in return? (Lol, I'm not expecting anything, nor do I think that it's even possible to earn something even the slightest with fan projects, and I'm doing it just for the pleasure of it. xD But just curious.)

Note: I'm currently writing a novel, and have hit a BIG writer's block. I thought by doing this project I'll be able to get a fresh view of what to expect in my original novel and come up with good creativity.  In either case, I'll present it as follows. Only one of em though.

1) An interactive visual novel. You know, like RD for one. (will contain music and graphics)
2) A PDF file.
3) A website. Will contain all the chapters and poetry in the index. Click and view.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Chrono Mémoire: Hours of Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:48 am »
I've been left with only one day of decision.

Decision reached: Project abandoned.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:36:51 am by tushantin »