Author Topic: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome  (Read 23143 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »
No, it's FATE. It's more or less spelled out for you.

Really? I had sworn that it was a Tragedinne. It seemed to go with the "I WANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!" line. But oh well, I haven't played CC in a while.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 11:48:58 am »
Well, if it was just a monster, it'd completely ruin the scene, now wouldn't it? -_-; That's like going to 1999 AD and just finding a Lavos Spawn there. Totally anticlimatic

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:28 pm »
Ultimania confirms that this line was said by FATE, and more to humanity as a whole than to Serge in particular.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 04:12:33 am »
I always thought those words were aimed at humanity as a whole. Having contact with the flame, or space/time leaves plenty of room for humanity to ruin things. Fate as our protector, loved us, but was insane, thus she wanted to smash us to bits as well. "She" also seems to have some jealousy towards humans, asking Serge to show her what its like to be alive. In short, she somehow influenced events in that world as to destroy the frozen flame, and permanently seal the Dead Sea. In a twisted way, she does everything that is necessary to protect itself, and protect humanity.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 05:09:19 pm »
The tower of geddon is a tower made of many buildings fused together so the arris dome and other domes all fused together here. company 2400 was probably nothing maybe the company that made all the domes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:21:39 pm by ZealKnight »

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:33 am »
Lynx should talk with Serge and make a star wars scene...
I am your your FATHER! Lynx said.
... Serge said.
(i put ... because serge doesn't speak)    :lol:

Please, these are the Analysis threads (I know everyone makes mistakes tho!)...if you don't have anything analytical to post, you probably shouldn't post anything at all in them, yar? Especially, but not limited to when you're using Thread Necromancy...
                                                                                                                                                        ~V_Translanka
P.S. I'm gonna just delete all the posts after this one that basically just pointed this out, including my own...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:03:26 pm by V_Translanka »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 06:17:40 pm »
I just wanted to note that it was definitely FATE who said that. FATE is there, if it wasn't, what destroyed the Dead Sea? Miguel says FATE would rather destroy itself and the Frozen Flame then letting its enemies getting their hands on it.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 06:40:51 pm »
I don't think the Time Devourer can talk anyway.

Yes. In fact he speaks in the first battle in terra tower.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 08:02:04 pm »
Quote from: MagilsugaM
Yes. In fact he speaks in the first battle in terra tower.

They were talking about the actual Devourer of Time, not the Dragon God mistranslation on Terra Tower. Now go use the power of Reading & Responding for good. :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:04:58 pm by V_Translanka »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 04:40:43 pm »
It wasn't a mistranslation. The boss at the top of Terra Tower was named Time Devourer ("Toki no..." something) even in the Japanese version. "Lunar Dragon" from the FAQ on GameFAQs seems to be invented, like the Zealian dye and other stuff.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 03:10:38 pm »
...Really? I'm pretty sure that in the Japanese version, it's called "Fused Dragon", not "TimeDevourer". And why shouldn't Lavos be able to talk? He's a godlike alien that absorbs all DNA and then lays waste to the worlds he passes through, (And is also capable of making a pocket dimension) and yet he can't talk? I have the feeling he can, he just has no need for doing so.

Interesting theory there. I, personally, am a supporter of the Prometheus time-net theory. Thus the "Company 2400" sign. What I'd like to know is why the DS is in a time freeze, though. (I imagine that the robots are merely there for gameplay purposes. You either have a perfect time freeze or you don't. Miguel wouldn't be in temporal stasis since he's the watchman, but you could probably already piece that together...)

If the Ultimania guide says it's FATE, then it's FATE. I always thought that one of the ghost children said it, but I guess it was FATE. Schala saying it would also work nicely, but randomly having her there wouldn't make sense. I do think that it was FATE that destroyed the DS, though, since it does seem like the three points that converge on the Tower in the FMV do look like they come from the Fate Distortions.

I think you've established answers to all the questions, though, correct...?

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:34 am »
I had never thought that FATE was the one who destroyed the Dead Sea. I had always thought that Miguel, being alive in that dimensional distortion, held it together simply by being alive since he was the Guardian of the Dead Sea appointed by FATE.

(after several minutes of watching a Chrono Cross youtube.com video clip...)

Now I see why I always thought that the Dead Sea would cease to exist if Miguel died, it happens to say so, directly quoted from the game;

"Miguel:Wouldn't you all like to become one with this world?
          -To be part of Eternity? How about it, Serge?
          -You need no longer to struggle alone, nor fear an uncertain tomorrow.
          -Well? What do you say?
(At this point you have the option of choosing 'Refuse!!!' or 'Accept...', which if I remember if you pick accept, your party members try to talk you out of it.)
Miguel:I see...  I guess there's only one thing left to do then...
         -I take it you're trying to restore the dimensional distortion?
         -If you defeat me and liberate this place, the distortion will return to the way it was.
         -I guess this is it...  Just as there are times of peace, there are times of war...
         -You don't have to hold back. Attack me with all your soul if you wish to live.
         -Let fate take its course...!!!"

...After the battle everything starts to shake, it does confirm that FATE does indeed want and will destroy the Dead Sea with Serge and Co. in it. But the thing that's said immediately after everything starts to shake;

"Miguel:It looks like Fate has made its decision and has started to carry it now..."

Notice that he said 'Fate', not 'FATE', in that sentence. The whole Dead Sea disappearing just seems to me that it's a natural result of Miguel dying, he is the guardian of that place, not FATE(because FATE is in Another World), meaning that while Miguel is alive, he is keeping the Dead Sea existant. The Dead Sea is the keeper of the Frozen Flame in Home World, in this case FATE doesn't have access to, which Miguel explains why FATE will destroy the Dead Sea.

Anyhow, I believe two things were occurring during the cutscene, one of them, are those 3 flaming lines directed at the Tower of Geddon, which has been discussed as that being the action of FATE. And the other, that white light shooting at the sky. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like FATE's doing, more like the natural course of the Dead Sea about to be corrected(disappear to the Darkness Beyond Time) because there is no guardian to keep it existing.

This is how I see it. Miguel does mention that FATE predetermined everything that Serge and Co. would do and eventually arrive and meet up with Miguel at the Tower of Geddon. Lynx would have Serge's body and able FATE to access the Frozen Flame. FATE chose Miguel(because of his prowess, since to first timers he seems to kick your butt over and over) to become the guardian of the Dead Sea as FATE was not able to guard it itself, not being present in Home World. FATE wants Serge to die in the Dead Sea, so why wait until after Serge defeats Miguel? I believe FATE predetermined that Miguel would defeat Serge, should the two of them meet and do battle, FATE would have not worry about the Home World Frozen Flame to be accessed by another party than its own. Miguel seemed to have also thought that Serge would not be able to best him in combat and seemed to already accept the situation as it was. But when Serge defeats Miguel, his sight on things seemed to have shifted for the better of things, because let's face it, after the Dead Sea scenario, Serge and Co. just seems to straight out defy fate and destiny throughout the rest of the game, even the Sky Dragon seemed to be surprised by the turn of events and FATE just seemed to be in a state of panic towards Serge from the entire time that you actually see FATE in the game.

I also do believe that light that comes from the Tower of Geddon, was supposed to be the Home World's Frozen Flame about to reveal itself to Serge after Miguel was defeated. But of course it seems to be destoryed by FATE after the 3 flaming lines collide with the light as it results in that explosion that just plains wrecks all of the buildings and frozen water in the Dead Sea. Afterwards, there is an implosion, the energy of the explosion and the clouds in the sky gets sucked into a condensed white ball and thrown into the Darkness Beyond Time as Miguel said so himself.

After that explanation, I believe that FATE destroyed the Dead Sea, but did not make it disappear to the DBT, that effect was more from the defeat of Miguel. Kinda makes FATE's move on destroying the Dead Sea a little irrelevant since it was about to disappear anyway, perhaps that was just a method of hasting that effect and hopefully, in FATE's favor, would force Serge out of the scene for good.

Oh geez, I've been working on this for 3 hours and it's now 4AM. I apologize if any of my explanations hardly made any sense, I'm tired, let alone talking about time travel and dimensions is enough to make anyone easily falter in their theories.