Author Topic: About Starky  (Read 7537 times)

MogGuy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:45:22 am »
Has anyone figured out where Starky came from? Y'know found out his backstory? Did Square release anything, or was he just a plot device so you could go to Terra Tower?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
About Starky
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:35 pm »
Nope, we never learned anything more about Starky. Like most characters of CC, he's just fuel for fanfiction.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
About Starky
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:07:39 pm »
Just to add on: In one of the first interviews about Chrono Cross, the designer (I forget his name) jokingly mentioned that his next project might be "The Adventures of Starkid." Nothing ever turned up in this avenue however.

sarua

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 03:47:23 pm »
He is one of many sercrets from CC cast :)

Chrono Eternal

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:00:42 pm »
Quote from: Leebot
Nope, we never learned anything more about Starky. Like most characters of CC, he's just fuel for fanfiction.

Actually, Starky is much more important than many characters in CC, considering he is one of the few required characters, as he provides the transportation to Terra Tower.

Anyway, in one of the endings (I believe the one you get after the rebirth, but before Terra Tower rises), Dark Serge, Kid, and Harle all go to the bar in Termina, which is run by Luccia, Karsh, Marcy, Solt, and Peppor.  A few star children (who look exactly like Starky) are there as well.  They converse about how there are no unique substances on this world and they should begin their invasion soon.  But first, they have to wait for their scout, who is traveling with the world's natives, to report back.

Interesting, eh?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:25:45 pm »
I find it interesting that these aliens wish to invade Earth if we have no substances that they do not possess.  I would write a fan fiction about Robo, Starky, and the aliens' dealings with Lavos and Earth, but I'm not sure how original it would be or if I'd ever get around to it.  Then again, all I ever see on FF.N is pseudo-romantic crap and occasionally a humor story worth reading.

sarua

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 09:11:14 am »
Interesting :?

I find it interesting that these aliens wish to invade Earth if we have no substances that they do not possess

Maybe they are evil aliens and they want only to destroy something :twisted: and imho if we had some unigue substance maybe it could be some weapon or something like that which might halt their invasion.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
About Starky
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 09:23:37 am »
I actually believe the planet was marked as F class or something, and distinctly remember them relinquishing it to a queue of planets to be destroyed, not invaded. That should resolve that question.

dpodubs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 09:42:46 am »
I always thought Starky was sent from his planet to Earth to help Serge defeat the Time Devourer. Being that it evolved from the alien, Lavos, maybe Starky was to destroy it. I always thought of Lavos as being a biological weapon sent by a villian/evil society to destroy worlds. Maybe Starky and his kind are battling this evil to protect other planets as well as their own. That's at least what I like to  believe.

*Edit: What if there are an army of Lavos's that destroy planets? Then there would be a ton of em. I always felt the same way with JENOVA from FF7.......what i there is a ton of JENOVA's out there in space? Whose to say that another Lavos won't land in the CT/CC world or another JENOVA won't fall from the sky into the FF7 world?*

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 09:34:01 pm »
There might very well be an army of "Lavoids" of which Lavos is either a member or the king.  Lavos is a species as well -- the fan fiction I intend to write would resemble The Day The Earth Stood Still.  A major part of the storyline would be the galactic government's containment policy against Lavos Energy -- by Crono's time, the Earth is teeming with it, making it a viable candidate for destruction by some means.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
About Starky
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 04:03:03 pm »
The earth is teeming (or is it teaming?) with Lavos energy? I thought that by then, earthly Elements were far more common than anything from Lavos...

Also, about Starky, isn't it supposed that his race has something to do with the aliens in one of the alternate scenes in RD?

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
About Starky
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 06:27:37 pm »
Perhaps Starky's race is an intergalactic force whose primary purpose is to rid the universe of Lavoids? Maybe once a planet has had a Lavoid for too long, as the CT/CC Planet might have had, they simply destroy it unless there are some valuable resources. Finding none on Crono and Serge's world, they deemed it more appropriate to destroy the Lavoid by destroying the planet than to try to eliminate only the parasite and keep those resources for their parent empire. Or something along those lines.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
About Starky
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 06:52:28 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
Perhaps Starky's race is an intergalactic force whose primary purpose is to rid the universe of Lavoids? Maybe once a planet has had a Lavoid for too long, as the CT/CC Planet might have had, they simply destroy it unless there are some valuable resources. Finding none on Crono and Serge's world, they deemed it more appropriate to destroy the Lavoid by destroying the planet than to try to eliminate only the parasite and keep those resources for their parent empire. Or something along those lines.

Now, that's an interesting theory.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 05:53:10 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight

I like this idea.  In the original timeline, perhaps Starky died when his ship crashed in the middle of the ocean, thus he never reported back, and the planet died via Lavos before Starky's people could destroy it.

In the new timeline, post-Time Crash, Starky survived due to not being in the middle of the ocean (with the prescence of El Nido where there had previously been nothing).  He helps destroy the Time Devourer, and learning that Lavos is eliminated in 1999, the planet no longer needs to be destroyed.

However, if there are big advanced races out there like Starky's people, how did they not stumble on the Time Devourer before Belthaesar did?  Wouldn't they understand Time Travel if puny humans could?  And if so, why wouldn't they have done anything about it?  Unless Starky was maybe a part of Project Kid, and Belthaesar's been working with alien races!  Hmmmm, mayhaps a bit far-fetched...

X ATM038x

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 04:11:33 pm »
Well, there could be two things. Either there is a very secret big background of Starky or Squenix just needed a 'person' to get Serge and people to the Terra Tower. If Starky indeed has a detailed background which never made it into CC, we can make lotsa theories about it. Or we could just leave it alone since most characters of CC didn't help all that much or just had one purpose in the whole game and stuck along after that. I guess I'll just stick with the thought of the ubercute Starky in my head being a very kawaii alien with a big bubble around his head... He really looks like a small baby. I don't really feel like making up a whole new fanfiction about him, but I also like the thought that he comes from a destroy-the-evil-race, as he is just so darn cute.