Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 23522 times)

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
As far as "are they redoing the graphics" goes - they could have always brought in the team responsible for DQ8 to do that.  :D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Waitaminute, there's only 23 hours on the countdown right now. I think I miscalculated and the site update will actually come on July 6 at around 10:00 AM ~ 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. Would that be sometime on July 7 for Japanese citizens?

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
Waitaminute, there's only 23 hours on the countdown right now. I think I miscalculated and the site update will actually come on July 6 at around 10:00 AM ~ 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. Would that be sometime on July 7 for Japanese citizens?

I'm sure the countdown will reach zero by the japanese midnight (sunday to monday). Now you calculate what time it will be where you are.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
You are correct Nickolz. It will be 11:00 AM on July 6 Eastern Standard Time when it's 12:00 AM Japan time, so the official site must indeed be set to "Trigger" at midnight on July 7. W000000T!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
There's a countdown on the Japanese site!  I dunno if anyone has seen it yet...  It says, 203659...  And counting down.

So we're 20 hours, 36 minutes, and the seconds are likewise counting down as I type this point!  YEAH!

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who got hypnotized by that inexplicably beautiful clock sound? *_*

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who got hypnotized by that inexplicably beautiful clock sound? *_*

nope, but the rest of the people near me find it annoying

po0opiez

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile

youre not the only one hypnotized. Ozzie made a screensaver from it and probably everyone here dled and installed it. so i guess we're all a bit hypnotized by it

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
  • Confirmed working on PAL.
    • View Profile
3 more hours and 54 more minutes..................OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

FUCK FINISH IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redlandsman87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Less than two hours now. I can't wait, gah!

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
LESS THEN 1 HOUR AND A HALF!!!!!!

... hey, where's everybody? o_o

Redlandsman87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I dunno, but...

IT'S ABOUT TO HIT THE ONE HOUR MARK.

If I could, I would record it hitting Zero for everyone who is going to miss it. =P

Daniela

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Yea, I'm so excited that the countdown will be over soon, and we can finally see Chrono Trigger DS =D

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
  • Confirmed working on PAL.
    • View Profile
25 minutes left............I can't wait.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Twenty eight minutes and counting!

The logical side of my brain is just expected more information concerning CTDS...

The creative side of my brain is more unrealistically optimistic, hoping that this is actually for a Chrono sequel. 

I mean, let's look at the facts:
1.) Sqeenix has already released a press release concerning CTDS and the content thereof.  What more could they be showing us?  More screenshots?  Do we really need screenshots?
2.) The clocks don't look like anything yet seen in Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross, implying something different and new.
3.) A Chrono sequel would only make sense to coincide with a release for Chrono Trigger remake/port.  I mean, it's been 13 years since the original, 8/9 years since Chrono Cross, so the new crowd may need a way to catch up to speed, and CTDS could be that means!

I'm not actually expecting a sequel announcement, but I sure as heck wouldn't complain!