Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 23527 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
I wonder if Square will be sued for naming the village of the "bad guys" Medina. It was just a small factoid from my perspective back in 1995, but now things are much more sensitive...

I can imagine the Iranian government pulling a 300 and accusing Japan of demonizing Islam. Maybe I shouldn't even be suggesting this...

There might be riots in the Middle East over this game's release.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Bah, they wouldn't dare make another mess like the PSX ports. They've clearly learned their lesson and haven't come out w/shotty remakes since.

Imagine the dungeon being...VIPER MANOR!!! RADICAL DREAMERS WITH CHRONO TRIGGER GAMEPLAY FTW!!!

I hope it includes a new official retranslation!

How's THAT for lowering expectations?!?

Compyfox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Studio Compyfox
I want an official release with DVD and sh*t. Like... with "Time and Space Adventures: Muumamjona" and a 13 part TV Series.

I mean... Toriyama is still in the ballgame with Blue Dragon... if Square does it right, we might get a hybrid PSX release but for DS, later a PSP release (just look at Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth that's also coming to DS - a remake of a remake of a remake) and a TV show.

Which is highly unlikely... but hey... I can dream. Oh and... I love the original, non animated endings. Much better than the animated ones in my opinion. Then again, I do love 16bit games.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
I think it has the same press release issued to the AP, but it's no bad thing to keep track of all the news sites that are keeping track of this game.

Redlandsman87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Now all we need is Chrono Cross PSP, with Radical Dreamers packaged in.  :D :D :D

Oh, and of course a new installment. Then I could die happy.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Regardless of how any of you feel about remakes or even THIS remake/port or if you don't even own a DS, you had damned well better buy this when it comes out! Seriously, this is our chance to make them realize THIS IS OUR DRAGON QUEST!!! Final Fantasy can sit on the back burner! Forget about your dying Seiken Densetsu series & get the damn Chrono team back together.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
I'll buy it now that I -KNOW- it's released in English soon.

For my birthday in August though, I'm taking the initiative and upgrading to DS Lite.

I am sort of nervous about "touch screen functionality." Will it be optional, like FF3? It's not exactly my thing...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Ah, congratulations on an August birthday. They rule.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Oh, but what if you upgrade your DS and then they come out w/a Chrono Trigger special edition DS?? :P

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Oh, but what if you upgrade your DS and then they come out w/a Chrono Trigger special edition DS?? :P

Eh, plain DS Lite suits me. I mean, I play World of Warcraft and there's been stuff like WoW keyboards and iPods. I just said no thanks to them.

As long as CTDS comes out in a convenient little cartridge, that's all I need... Now if they make CTDS panties that's another thing XD

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness a new dungeon :)

today, is a good day.

--JP

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
  • Confirmed working on PAL.
    • View Profile
I wonder if Square will be sued for naming the village of the "bad guys" Medina. It was just a small factoid from my perspective back in 1995, but now things are much more sensitive...

I can imagine the Iranian government pulling a 300 and accusing Japan of demonizing Islam. Maybe I shouldn't even be suggesting this...

There might be riots in the Middle East over this game's release.
I don't see that happening because many games have Islamic prefrences,and nothing has been done.

Anyways I am currently in the MiddleEast in Palistine,and many people are hyped about this game.
Well atleast college students are because over here they study english as a primary language,and also in Palistine Chrono Trigger is very popular.Over here they don't have 360,Wii,or PS3...or a Snes, but their is this console that is pretty much illegal that plays Cartridges with about 10 snes games on it.
Also the Nintendo DS is a super popular console here since it's the only console they sell here,besides Gamecubes.

....but sadly there is no place you can buy DS games here...just a DS with a flashcart as a illegal bundle.. :lol:

Anyways....I can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!

Oatmeal1209

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
  • ROCK THE F**K OUT
    • View Profile
As long as CTDS comes out in a convenient little cartridge, that's all I need... Now if they make CTDS panties that's another thing XD
Wow, that got me all excited.

In the pants.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
we should build a time machine and go to the future and get the game already :3